Rainbow Roofing And Renovations

10 Ridingview Crescent Ottawa ON K2S 1W3
HomeStars  >  Roofing in Stittsville  >  Rainbow Roofing And Renovations
How well a company responds to Quote Requests and Reviews.

Reviews for Rainbow Roofing And Renovations

E.S.
1 review Ottawa, ON

When it came time to choose a roofer, I was certain that paying a premium to have my roof replaced by an established manufacturer “preferred contractor” with “manufacturer certified installers” was the only way to go to ensure that my roof would be expertly installed. I researched this company's BBB rating, poured over their reviews on this website, and even spoke with a recent client. Sadly, the resulting roof that this company installed on my home fell short of my expectations - literally.

Without consulting me, the homeowner, the installation crew installed three sides of the roof flush with the fascia, rather than leaving the standard 1/2 - 1” overhang. They explained that this HAD TO BE DONE to compensate for the recessed eavestroughs on those three sides of the house. I wasn’t convinced. Not only is the lack of overhang aesthetically disappointing, but now, when it rains, water isn’t even making it into the eavestroughs in certain spots - instead it trickles between the fascia and the eavestrough! Prior to the new roof, this wasn’t an issue.

I have since learned that installing shingles flush with the fascia is a violation of section 9.26.7.2 of the Ontario Building Code, and the shingle manufacturer's application requirements. As a “preferred contractor” with “manufacturer certified installers”, I would expect that Rainbow Roofing would uphold these basic requirements. In my experience, they didn’t. Based on the roofing job that they did on my house, I do not recommend Rainbow Roofing.

tuphkat in Ottawa
1 review Ottawa, ON

I was very happy with the re-roofing of my home by Rainbow Roofing. Their crew was very thorough and professional in their work. They completed the whole job of removing the old shingles, re-roofing with the new shingles and cleaning up all in one day! And I have a 2-tier roof so it was not a small job. The workmanship of the job was excellent and the clean-up was thorough afterward. Their quote was very competitive with the others I received and their was no surprises. They also suggested to me a more aesthetically pleasing and competitive option for my roof ventilation then the upbiqitious MaxVents, which I don't find appealing. I would highly recommend Rainbow to anyone looking to re-roof their home.

Orlando A from Ottawa
2 reviews Ottawa, ON

The entire process was seamless. They showed up when they said they were going to show up, removed the old roof shingles and installed the new ones. The workers were very professional, courteous and tidy. When they left there was no trace of any garbage or roofing materials. Roof looks great. And as an added bonus, as they are an Owens Corning approved installer, we received the extra 'no haggle' warranty. I would highly recommend them.

Deborah C. in Ottawa
1 review Ottawa, ON

Company and crew were excellent. Very professional. I am a repeat customer so that says it all. Crew started on time and worked very hard. They cleaned around the property and left it immaculate.

Gord in Ottawa
1 review Ottawa, ON

Excellent service overall. Quick communication, courteous staff, excellent workmanship, competitive pricing. We are very satisfied.

And to get to 30 words I have to keep writing something until it finally...

Edward Ivan in Ottawa
1 review Ottawa, ON

We are very pleased that we chose Rainbow Roofing to shingle the roof of our home. We received clear instructions from Rainbow's office staff informing us by phone and by e-mail how to prepare for the new shingle job. They gave us 48-hour advance notice before coming to do the job, and their co-ordinator made an advance visited to our site to determine any issues that might arise in the delivery of the shingles (laneways access and positioning of the disposal trailer). The company protected the decorative brick part of our laneway by placing particleboards to underlay the heavy disposal trailer wheels. We had additional carpentry work done to remove a Selkirk chimney, which had been cut through the fascia and soffit of our main roof. We are also happy with that removal and repair. The team was in and out within two days, cleaning up as they went and protecting the garden’s plants from damage.
Happy customers!
Lynda and Ed

Dawn in Ottawa
2 reviews Ottawa, ON

Rainbow Roofing changed my roof in June 2017.

I had a couple of quotes of comparable price, and Rainbow Roofing was the best choice. They work with shingles of reputable brands, and it was comforting that they were very transparent with the addresses where they changed roofs before. This is something that's public info anyway as people can see the truck & crew the day of the work, but not every company stands behind their work enough to provide this info. I could quickly drive by other people's roofs, and imagine how their particular shingles could look on my house, and I could also see the quality of their work.

This spring's rain was plentiful & unpredictable, and the team at Rainbow roofing were very responsible in not trying to squeeze work in on a rainy day.

The crew did their work in 1 day, and the work looks really neat & straight -- on the outside, as well as any underlayment that I saw when I was briefly home that day.

It was a professional job, from the initial contracting to the end of the work. I'm happy to tell people that it was done by Rainbow Roofing!

3 reviews Ottawa, ON

Rainbow did a fantastic job on our roof. They were done in 1 day (7am-7pm) and managed to get it all done on the one day in June it didn't rain! They also cleaned up really well. We have a pool, and I was worried about nails and bare feet. The boys went around several times with a magnetic roller making sure all of the nails were picked up. They are a well organized and efficient company. I'm thrilled we went with Rainbow roofing!

wj in
1 review Ottawa, ON

Great job. Very neat and thorough. Easy to contact and extremely accommodating to my schedule. They did an excellent job on our wee shed at the back, even cutting back some trees to get at the roof. Very happy with the job.

ian sheridan from Kanata
2 reviews Ottawa, ON

We searched the internet for weeks and asked friends and neighbors who they would suggest for the job. One company we got in touch with never even returned our call ! Rainbow replied immediately and we were well received. Many, many houses were done by them in our area (Kanata) and they have proof of such. Everything went off without a hitch and all done very professionally. It was completed all in one day and cleanup was next to spotless. We are looking forward to them to do renovations in the house in the near future. Highly recommended !