Rainbow Roofing And Renovations

Reviews for Rainbow Roofing And Renovations

Michael A in Toronto
Michael A in Toronto
1 review Ottawa, ON

LARGE church roof; great work, fair price

The last time our church roof was re-shingled, it was done poorly and barely lasted 12 years. By late last fall, it was beyond needing replacement and time was short before the winter set in. We organized quotes from multiple companies and then chose based on quality of the suggested materials, longevity of the associated warranties, reputation and longevity of the company in business, and the ability to get the work done immediately once the contract was signed (and of course, price).

We chose Rainbow. Due to the above factors, the quote could have been inflated but it was very fair in comparison to all the others. True to the agreement, the work started and was completed quite promptly. The weather wasn't particularly cooperative, making this large(ish) multi-day job even longer. Through it all, however, the crew was always careful not to obstruct or interfere with the usage of the church, they always made sure the site was clean and free of nails at the end of each day, and they were courteous and pleasant to deal with. The crew leader was good about keeping everyone well organized and making sure the job progressed steadily.

I waited until the end of the winter to write this review to know if anything had been done hastily or improperly, and would be affected by the winter. I'm happy to report everything still looks great and completely unaffected by this past winter.

Our thanks go to Reid, Ann & the office staff, and the job foreman for making this a smooth, straight-forward process.

If you're looking for a new roof this year (or ever), be sure to check out Rainbow. We have no hesitation in recommending them and the quality of their work.

Michael, thank you for taking the time to post such an wonderful review for our company! It was our pleasure doing business with you.

Tim from Ottawa
Tim from Ottawa
2 reviews Ottawa, ON

Large Bungalow - Roof replaced, new vents, repairs

Really pleased with the work Rainbow Roofing did. They were great to deal with and very patient with us in finding the perfect colour and style. The crew was on time and kept the job site super clean which we appreciated with kids around.

On time and on budget, no surprises with excellent after sales service (shed re-done to match).

Highly recommend.

Tracey in Toronto
Tracey in Toronto

Roof Replacement

After 16 years, our original builder quality roof was in rough shape. We called a few roofing companies, and then chose Rainbow Roofing. Their sales rep was very friendly and courteous. He explained all our options, and gave us multiple samples to help us make our shingle choice. The price was good, and the installers did a great job. The job was completed fast and no mess was left behind. Would highly recommend them to anyone needing a new roof.

Todd in Stittsville
Todd in Stittsville

Rainbow Roofing - very happy with their work

Rainbow Roofing recently replace my shingled roof at a very reasonable price. I was impressed with the work and the roofers did a great job and kept the job site clean from start to finish. I would use their services again and would certainly recommend them to others.

OttawaHope in Ottawa
OttawaHope in Ottawa

Completer Roof Replacement

Choosing a roofing contractor is no easy decision. We’ve all heard horror stories and it seems like every Tom Dick and Harry starts his own roofing company these days. So I searched for recommendations, talked to neighbours and did some research. I ended up with six quotes. I chose Rainbow roofing for a number of reasons, local company, 29 years in business, highly recommended from several people first hand, not just online and they were reasonably priced. The main reason however was meeting with Reid. The owner of the company and a member of our community. He took the time to answer all my questions (and I had many!). In fact, I asked about certain things which leave an easy opening for an upsell and he convinced me they were things I didn’t need but he would be happy to provide if I wanted. His experience showed and I felt less like I was dealing with a salesman (and I am well aware that he is indeed a salesman) and more like dealing with an expert. In the end I felt quite confident with my decision and have enjoyed dealing with him.

When the day came to get started the crew was very respectful, courteous, didn’t seem rushed, didn’t cut any corners and cleaned up well. I did find two nails on the property but I’m not going to hold that against them although when Reid came by to inspect the work he was clearly disappointed to hear it. (He also showed up during the project and made himself available) The job ended up taking a little longer than expected but we were one of the last roofs of the seasons, shortened daylight, threatening weather and the beginning of cold and flu season were all factors. Reid even brought a second crew to keep things on track.

The true test of a good company comes in the follow up. Hopefully there won’t be any need for it but I’m confident that if there is it will be handled properly. Now the stress of finding a contractor and spending the money is over and we now have the piece of mind of a new roof that we expect to last many years. And best of all, happy wife happy life!

Ronny in Toronto
Ronny in Toronto

New Roof Shingles

These days in the construction industry, it seems all we hear about are the horror stories. I feel like I have to say something about Rainbow Roofing. Our roof was in dyer need of replacement this past summer. After contacting a couple of companies I decided to go with Rainbow Roofing. Reid showed up, was very polite, took some measurements and said I would hear from them shortly. To my surprise the quote was emailed later that afternoon and was reasonable and affordable. When workers came to re-roof the satisfaction didn't end there. The workers were polite and professional. They did a great job and my roof looks great. Thank you Rainbow.

Russell6 in Goulbourn
Russell6 in Goulbourn

We had our roof done

The roof was done when scheduled. The prices were great and the staff was awesome helping us figure out products and colour their experience really made it easy for us

Look at the Owner's Face Before and After their Service

First off, I am writing this review for the job this company did a year ago - reason being I was threatened to live the rest of my life in grief if I wrote a bad review for them!

He is very proactive to get your contract, but once the contract is signed and if you have any complaint ... ... it' terrifying!

Please Please ask yourself before hiring them why their price is so much lower than their competitors!

Rainbow Roofing does not do work in the Toronto area. Is it possible you may have the wrong contractor? Our company has been in business for 29 years and we pride ourselves on quality workmanship and exceptional customer service. If your complaint is indeed with our company, please communicate with us so that we can work together to resolve your concerns. We would reach out to you but we do not know who you are.

Kim in Ottawa
Kim in Ottawa

New Shingled Roof

Rainbow roofing replaced our shingles in October 2017. When I met with Reid he took the time
To explain the differences between the companies they work with and the different products that they offer, he also helped guide me to make the correct decision for our home. The staff/workers were pleasant, on time and cleaned up at the end of each day. Although this was not the cheapest quote it was the most detailed and best explained, I knew exactly what I was getting. Through a bit of research I was able to find this company which has been in business for over 28 years, most roofing companies I researched have been in business less than 5 years. This has given me a sense of security to know down the road if required the after-service care would be there if I ever need it.
I would not hesitate to recommend Rainbow roofing to anyone.
Thanks to all the staff at Rainbow for making the whole process seamless.

New Shingles

Rainbow Roofing is PHENOMENAL! Unfortunately we had a nightmare experience with a company who cut corners and made a mess of our home a year ago. Rainbow Roofing came to our rescue! The owners, Ann & Reid, are truly top notch! The workers who did the work - absolutely incredible! Gwen, the lovely lady who books everything - spectacular! Overall, we would recommend Rainbow to anyone! You simply won't find a better company!