Permanent Building Products Ltd

General Contractors
Permanent Building Products Ltd

Reviews for Permanent Building Products Ltd

roofing

We had an old shingle on our house and It had raised and looked bad in several spots. We contacted Permanent because of their reputation in the area as being high quality and good value. We spoke to the representative who recommended a better shingle than what we had previously and he told us we could have the wood that needed replaced included. We were skeptical that this could all be done for the price quoted, but when the job happened thats we we got. There was wood rotted that was replaced, the whole job was done and it still looks great three years later.

Thurman in Toronto
Thurman in Toronto

Highly recommended!

I would highly recommend using Permanent Building for residential renovations. Hiring a contractor is always a nerve-racking experience and working with Permanent was very easy. They came in on-time and on-quote and I'm very happy with the hardwood floor installation and renovated bathroom that they completed. Will definitely be calling them for more renovations in the future.

Alexandra in Toronto
Alexandra in Toronto

Kitchen tiling, painting, renovations

Permanent Building was fantastic! Adam spent about 2 weeks at my house, showing up promptly and was easy to communicate throughout. He did a fantastic job painting, removing some built in closets, and redoing the backsplash in my kitchen. Couldn't ask for a better experience and hoping to use Permanent Building again in the future!

Marla in Toronto
Marla in Toronto

Roof and windows

I contacted Permanent building as they were recommended by my friends who were very satisfied. I asked them about replacing my 20 year old roof and replacing some windows
Their price was very competitive and their workmanship and service were excellent. Highly recommended

john from Toronto
john from Toronto

retaining walls

When our retaining walls and steps were built the people that were working getting on it were totally unprofessional. They obviously did know what they were doing. They were completely unreliable and hated doing the work they were doing, so the project was horrible, The quality of work was terrible, and they didn't care. After 9 years the walls started to collapse. Now we have to hire a new contractor to redo everything. If this contractor offers this service they should make sure that they have the qualifications to do so. Don't hire this company. You will be very disappointed, long term.

ron coles from Toronto
ron coles from Toronto

Exterior Stonework

They did eventually complete the work that they had agreed too. During the process I was asked to stop sending emails but the work got finished despite my efforts to get the work finished earlier.

Walter was too aggressive and it was not an enjoyable experience.

Review has 1 previous version
Jon Milsten from Toronto
Jon Milsten from Toronto

Renovation

I would highly recommend Permanent Building Products. The salesperson was very friendly and didn't push me to spend more than I had. The workmanship inside (wood flooring, new wall, bathroom renovation) and outside (flagstone) my house look great and were done on time and on budget. Thanks so much!!

Michael Greason from Toronto
Michael Greason from Toronto

Roof Shingles

This company put a new roof on a widow's house in 2012. For the last several months every time the wind blew (even a little bit) shingles appeared on the front lawn. The widow (my mother) consulted a roofer who made patch repairs several times. Eventually it became clear that this roof job was just shoddy. Portions of the roof were bare wood after the latest windstorm. Experienced roofers tell me that shingles should have 8 nails each (including the overlap portion) and should never blow off. There was no tarpaper on the roof under the shingles. This supplier says tarpaper is not needed (after the shoddy job was revealed) but internet opinion says it is. Search for yourself. After 2 years and 5 months a 30 year roof was replaced at an additional cost of a full roofing job. It was also noted at the time the original roof was installed that the "30 year roof" was done with shingles whose packaging said "guaranteed for 25 years".

Rose in Oakville
Rose in Oakville

Flagstone Porch, Stairs & Walkway

My porch & front stairs were covered in ugly ceramic tile. Since the stairs had chunks of concrete breaking off I decided to have them removed and change them plus add a different landing and walkway up to the porch. All of the concrete work and the tiled porch was covered over with random flagstone. The end result is very nice and I believe they did a great job with building a solid concrete base for the new stone pathway and landing. But I was not crazy about the progression of the job - the sometimes messed up and lack of communication. I never really knew when to expect the workers to show up. I didn't get a call before-hand like they told me they would. Some days no one would show up and nothing was getting done. It just dragged on and took longer than expected. Although the quality of work seems to be fine and I'd say the finished product is a 9 out of 10.

More about Permanent Building Products Ltd

www. permanentbuildingproducts. ca
Looking for General Contractors pros in Toronto?