Builders

Reviews for Brigil Construction Inc

TCHEL in Gatineau
TCHEL in Gatineau
2 reviews Gatineau,

After sale customer service.

Their after sale service is the worst. Started back in 2014 when we rented a condo. The day of possession the co do was not ready and dirty with dust. The reptesentative had to hire a third party company to clean it while we were waiting to move in with the truck full of our furniture.. we waited two hours. When we got in the condo we noticed that a lot of things were not finished as they were in construction holidays. I had to complain several times for them to come fix it and it took them two months to finish the condo. And I was pregnant while going through this stress I wanted everything to be perfect before my baby comes. We were on a rent to own. The representative tative assured us that by doing a rent to own we wouldn't be stick buying the condo that we could upgrade to buying a house if we wanted to. So that is what we did. In 2018 we decided to buy a house with them despite everything that had happened. It was our only option since we already had a downpayment with them. If I knew I would have never signed the contract with them.

So we decided to buy a house with then in 2018 and now we are having some issues with the ceiling leaking and toilets clogging all the time. We have tried sulfur several month now to get in touch with someone and nobody answers. There are no follow ups. It been since june and we are now in October. All that's left to do is to involve lawyers and send them a notice to fix it and pay us compensation.

THEY ARE THE WORST COMPANY. NEVER AGAIN. I DONT RECOMMEND THEM TO ANYONE. BE AWARE

Private User reviews Carleton Place, ON

Brigil After Sales Service

819-669-4663
500, boulevard Gr
Gatineau
QC

This company is so disorganized with their after sales service, it’s ludicrous.

I purchased a townhome in July 2017 and submitted my 30 day warranty items to be fixed and this is where it all began. Actually it started before that when my PDI was executed 2 hours on the same day prior to taking possession, obtained the keys. A Brigil employee was mopping the floors as I arrived for my PDI. So I had to deal with PDI fixes at the same time I was compiling a list of 30 day items.
It’s February 8, 2018 and I just had some issues resolved only because I got Tarion Warranty involved.
During those 6-7 months there were appointments made where I showed up but no contractors. This occurred a couple of times. I met a Brigil employee (different one each time) 3 times to assess what needed to be fixed and pictures taken. Do you think they could have got it right the first visit.
The communication is disgusting. The service department relies solely on emails as I think they do not know how to use a phone. Especially one lady in question (Claudie), this customer rep. really needs her training updated or something or maybe she is related to the owner because she just does not care.
I wasted so much time following up with these people and attending appointments when no one showed up.
Even now with Tarion involved, one contractor showed up and another did not, once again. Two cabinet doors on pantry needed replacing, they arrived with only one. The hardwood contractor fixed some and needed to return again the next day. It just doesn’t stop. They really must think we have all the time in the world according to their relaxed schedule.

Would I buy another product from BRIGIL. Absolutely NOT. This is not my first new home build either so I knew what to expect in the processes.

J

Private User reviews Mississauga, ON

Condo

Brigil's sub contractors improperly installed the air conditioning units and after a couple of years they leaked. The sub contractor fixed the a/c unit but didn't repair the wall damaged by the leak.
Brigil's sub contractor used sub par materials for the exterior wall of the building which lead to cracks in the exterior. Our condo board was savvy enough to have an engineer inspect our building and the faulty material was discovered. Brigil's said they would pay to fix it but it ended up going to court to get them to pay for the repair.
Missing nails in the base board so I had to get the myself. Other than that the building seems ok and nice.

Condo

I was interested in renting a condo with Brigil, the units were appealing not but the customer service did not match. The unit I originally looked at I applied and placed a $100 deposit to hold the unit. After much thought I came to terms that it was unrealistic was way over priced asking aprox 2700 for a 650 sq ft. Unit. I continued to look at another Brigil condominium which was more reasonable priced. I was told the condo would be ready for Oct. 1st so I applied and within a week the date was already changed twice and they could not confirm the condo even being ready for Dec. 1st. Later I was denied because I own a small dog. They required writing stating the dog would never enter the condo. The application was cancelled as I would not meet that requirement and refuse to agree to a contract of two years with no pet being allowed to enter my living space - limiting family and friends from visiting who own a pet as well. I decided to look elsewhere. I was told I could get my refund of the $100.00, I contacted the originally sales rep and was told they would return my call. Days past, I called again twice and was brushed off. They said they would return my call and didn't. I have now been chasing for my deposit back for over a week and receive nothing but poor customer service, each person telling me to call another number or they say they will call back and always fail to do so. Will never rent or buy from Brigil. Do not recommend this company, the experience has been far from pleasant.

Guylaine in
Guylaine in
1 review Cantley, QC

Petrie's

A great experience with Brigil, excellent support from our sales representative and from the technical & construction team.
We also have friends at Petries Prestige circle project, they had few touch up on window sill, Brigil did great in a quick period of time.

Private User reviews Ottawa, ON

Avoid at all cost, customer service is non existant

Our condo was delayed 5 time, over a period of 8 months. Once the move in date and Pre-delivery inspections were done, it was time to move in.

With a truck full of appliances and furniture, Brigil had forgotten that we were moving in and did not repair anything on the PDI list. On top of this, they had left the place dirty with wood pieces still in the condo. We had to wait 4 hours in the parking lot for Brigil to clean and repair the condo before moving in. Salesperson and Director of Sales were advised, but did not do anything other than apologize for the inconvenience.

This is just the start, after moving in, Brigil offered no customer Service and we are still waiting for Brigil to complete the hall ways and common areas of our building after almost 7 months.

Some owners have also had leaks in their balconies, with water entering in their units only months after taking possession. When buying the unit, Brigil's salespersons promised that the building would be handicap accessible, yet Brigil has not provided handicap accessible doors.

The quality of our condo is up to standard, but it is not worth the hassle of having to deal with Brigil as a company.

Unhappy owner in Ottawa
Unhappy owner in Ottawa
1 review Ottawa, ON

Poor after-purchase service

When we bought our condo from Brigil we were under the impression that the company provided good after-sales service. We were wrong. Although we have had no significant problems with our own unit, Brigil's handling of complaints lodged by our condo board about the common areas has been very poor. For example, the building suffers repeated problems with the elevators which frequently result in at least one of the cars being out of service. Last week I had to walk down eleven flights of stairs carrying an oxygen bottle because both elevators were our of service simultaneously. Some residents had to walk up to their units. Our board members spend untold hours every week trying to resolve a variety of complaints against Brigil but apparently get little satisfaction from the company.

Condominium builder

Since moving into our condo we have had nothing but problems and the builder has basically ignored most of them. We have had constant problems with our elevators and they are often out of service. There are plumbing issues, leaking windows and poorly constructed masonry.

Germain in Gatineau
Germain in Gatineau
1 review ,

House fittings

The company provided us with hard wood floor as well as carpets, tiles and wardrobes. Overall they handled the business in a very professional manner. They built a larger walk in closet on the master bedroom. I was very happy with their service and would recommend them to new home owners.

Yvette in Gatineau
Yvette in Gatineau
1 review ,

Bought a house

The company was professional and on time. Good after sales service. We bought a model house where they had done everything for us including the kitchen, bathroom and all the fixtures. Good value for money and cery friendly. They even gave us multiple welcome gifts.

Looking for Builders pros in Ottawa?