Full House Renovations Inc

Robson House in Edmonton
Robson House in Edmonton
0 reviews Edmonton, AB

2 basement renovations as well as full house gut

We have used Full House renovation now 3 times, first time was 15 years ago and then the last two years as well. Obviously since we have used them 3 times we have been extremely happy with there service. Quality has been great, tradesmen have been great and final product was amazing. I think people expect too much going into a renovation, quality takes time, unforeseen things come up all the time as well. BUT in the end everything is beautiful. We were referred to them and I have also referred them now many times as well. If and when we are still here when its time to change again they will be our go to company for sure!!!!!

Steven C. from Edmonton
Steven C. from Edmonton
1 review Edmonton, AB

Basement Development

I have been using Full House Renovations the past 3 years for several projects ranging developing our basement to replacing our windows with more work to come. I have found the staff from the tradesmen, the foremen to the office staff to be courteous and professional. The work performed either met or exceeded my expectations and any questions or concerns have always been dealt in a reasonable time.

As for price, I have felt to be reasonable too, neither too high nor are they the cheapest. Somewhere in the middle for midsize construction/renovation company that you expect to be around in the future if that is important to you as it is for me. I will continue to use Full House for future work and would recommend them.

Hello Steven, thank for taking the time to review our Company. We appreciate the honest words and your business. We have been in business for 25 years and strive to be around for another 25 years.
Greg

David G from Edmonton
David G from Edmonton
1 review Edmonton, AB

Bathroom Renovation

We used this firm to renovate our bathroom and it was the worst display of customer service I have ever experienced. It was frustration every step of the way.
There were constant delays with the scheduling. The foreman didn’t seem to have a very good grasp of what scheduling a job entailed. It was almost comical to watch this company stumble and bumble along in everything they did.
We were promised by the owner that the work would be completed within 4 to 6 weeks. The foreman said it would take 6 to 8 weeks. It eventually took 14 weeks. Some days they only showed up for an hour. One week they showed up 5 hours in total. There were two stretches that no work was done, once for 12 consecutive business days and again for 10 days. The second stretch of no work was during the end of July and beginning of August. No explanation was ever given for these delays, but during this time we were unnecessarily inconvenienced by having an unfinished bathroom and construction materials in our bedroom.
Both the owner Barry Jaenen and his foreman constantly overpromised and under-delivered. It usually took two days for them to reply to our requests and when they did reply their comments and assistance were usually less than helpful or courteous. They have a lot to learn about how to treat a customer. Time and time again they failed when it was time to stand up and take responsibility for delays or when things didn’t go as planned. The owner was not above criticizing his own foreman. Both of them constantly blamed others for the delays. Three different times we had to go to suppliers to solve issues. In the quoted price of the job the owner stated that they were going to use scaffolding for a window replacement. He never used the materials but still tried to charge us for them. We were reimbursed only after informing him that legal action would be considered.
We agreed to make several payments during the course of the project. I learned later we didn’t have to do that. Since they are not registered with the Alberta government as a “Pre-paid Contractor” they are not allowed to ask for any money until the project is completed.
Most companies give you a few days or weeks to see that everything is ok with the project before both parties sign off. Not this company. Four hours after the last trades person left our house we received an e-mail asking us to sign the final paperwork, without anyone asking us if we were satisfied. When the owner finally did come over, at our request, we mentioned that we noticed that the in-floor heating wasn’t working properly. His immediate and only response was to “turn the heat up.” We had to go to the manufacturer for assistance.
Getting them to honor their warranty was another nightmare. When I contacted the owner to replace a cracked cabinet door panel his first response was that we hadn’t paid our final bill. In fact, he actually owed us money at the close. I believe that was a deliberate attempt to brush us off. When we questioned the delay in getting the new door the owner responded with an inflammatory, extremely rude e-mail. In that same e-mail he refused to honor the remainder of the warranty. They left the new door panel sitting outside, on our front steps.
My impression of this company is one of a nickel and dime firm. They’re more concerned about making money than supplying a fair, ethical service to a customer. It seems like the owner spends most of his time worrying about his reputation and just trying to stay one step ahead of being reported to the BBB or being sued. In my opinion his reputation falls into the “extremely unsatisfactory” category.
I see that this company is classified in an appropriate section – Handyman Services. They’re not better than that.
Stay far away from this shady company.

Thank you for your review. We have completed a review of your project. We have discovered your project was completed a couple of years ago. Often project delays are due slow selections of products. We have since made major policy changes in our business to avoid any delays to project completion. We are committed to a timely completion of all our projects.
Thank you again for your review.

Joanne G.  Edmonton

780-483-2666
15120 117 Avenue NW
Edmonton
AB

Used them for our basement development a few years ago. Had some problems with the tradespeople not showing up, which was frustrating, but they do quality work. Used them again for a kitchen Reno ... Which was a lot more involved make sure you know what you want.

Hi Joanne, the past few years have been challenging to keep up with the demand of work. Since your project was completed a few years ago we have since hired more trades people to avoid project delays. Thank you very much for your review.

rick from Edmonton
rick from Edmonton
2 reviews Edmonton, AB

kitchen renovation

This company was over priced, very poor communication between workers and foreman. Extremely poor communication between us (the customer) and there office. Punctuality was Brutal and timelines that were promised were never kept.

Hi Rick, in a very demanding economy we fell short on our customer service in years past. We have made some major changes in our business to address any customer relations problems. Thank you for your review.

Jannie in Edmonton
Jannie in Edmonton
3 reviews Edmonton, AB

Install siding

Very professional workers who did the job both on time and on budget. The workers were friendly and there were no unexpected surprises. I feel like I got exactly what I asked for at a reasonable price and in a good timeframe.