Downtown Lumber & Building Supplies

Review for Downtown Lumber & Building Supplies

Ruth & Will in Toronto-Parkdale
Ruth & Will in Toronto-Parkdale

Thermal Outside Door for home

In August I ordered a door with a custom window panel. I was very careful in explaining what I was needing and the sizing of every aspect of it. I was told that it would take 5-6 wks to be ready. Well it took much longer than that and a few 'hiccups' along the way. When the thermal window arrived it was the wrong size. When the thermal window was put into a door frame, it was the wrong type of door. When to compensate for the thermal window being the wrong size they agreed to insert my custom stain glass window into the frame to finish the door. They got the stain glass in backwards. Though they said they would correct it, they didn't. I had been cautious and I didn't let the door be delivered until I saw it at the store - finished. I thought I was careful enough, only to have the contractor hired to install the door discover it was too big for the frame. So he had to do much more work and carve into the frame to make it fit. Due to the errors made in ordering this door this project was much more costly. Downtown Lumber showed very little acceptance of their responsiblity. And we didn't get the door until October!!! Be very cautious if you decide to place a custom order with them.