Miles Plumbing Services Ltd

Plumbing
Miles Plumbing Services Ltd

Reviews for Miles Plumbing Services Ltd

AMATEURS

We called Miles Plumbing to fix our trash compactor. After replacing the compactor and found it still to be not working we figured out it was the switch that was the issue. $991.00 later and with us calling in an electrician the inexpensive switch was replaced. They took zero responsibility and have limited knowledge. Now I tell everyone and anyone with a plumbing issue to not call them.

Private User reviews Ottawa, ON

change hot water tank

CRAPPY SERVICE they sent an employee to change my hot water tank, the guy (Andrew) needed to unplugged the washer dryer that are in the same room but he didn't plug back properly. 2 weeks later the hose got lose causing a major flood in my unit and the units bellows. I call back the miles plumbing and they dont want to do anything about it. AVOID THIS GARBAGE plumbing service complete INCOMPETENT PEOPLE

Drainage inspection/repair

Miles plumbing hired to do camera drainage inspection before I purchased. Said it worked well but a few months later discovered it was 100% blocked with clay. Had to add $20,000 of unanticipated repairs to be house purchase. I would not recommend Miles Plumbing.

Incompetent

I hired Miles Pluming/Knowles Gas to replace a hot water heater. They asked several questions about the heater I had so that they would bring the right one and I would not have to pay for getting another one. The one they brought was too large and they had to get another anyway and yes they charge for that mistake as well. What was worse is that I left the next morning very early and when my wife started her day she awoke to the smell of gas and intense headaches. (These lasted several days) she called the installers and was informed that she actually had to call the gas company to come and turn the gas off. Really...you just turn the valve off which they could have walked her through on the phone. There are several health and safety concerns we have with this install. Fortis came and turned the gas off and we had to wait several days for Miles/Knowles to come back to fix the problem. The repairman guickly found the problem and commented on how bad the install was. We were quoted 1900 to replace the heater and we're billed 2500 even after accepting a smaller tank that we were told would save even more money off the bill. We were also billed for time that the installer was not even at the site for. in the end we are being billed over 33% more for a project that was done by incompetence at 90$/hr for a job that I have done by myself years ago successfully.

Suzanne in Victoria
Suzanne in Victoria
5 reviews Victoria, BC

Drain problems for strata building

We had drain problems on our second floor. Miles arrived on time, with a phone call about 10 minutes ahead. Alan was our guy. He approached it in a very systematic way. What proved to be a long and quite dirty job appears to have been successful, with mess kept to a minimum. Only reason for four stars is it's only been a few days, so you never know, but so far everything's good.