HomeStars  >  Plumbing in Orangeville  >  Manax Plumbing & Pump Services

John from Bolton
John from Bolton
6 reviews Caledon, ON

Water Softener relocation

I contacted this company to relocate my water softner to another location in my basement approx 12 feet away. When I spoke to the customer service rep I explained that I wanted to move the water softener approx 12 feet away from where it was and that it would require some additional pex piping. When I asked for a approx cost he stated around $130 plus around $10 extra for parts plus tax so I give or take $20 I was expecting to pay about $150 to $165 including tax. The job ended costing me $253 which was significantly higher than I expected.

I was pleased with the work performed by their plumber so no issue there. I think Manax has to be better at providing better cost quotes to its customers to avoid these types of surprises that can leave a bitter taste in your mouth after the service is performed.

Private User reviews Orangeville, ON

needed a drain fixed

I would never recommend this company to anyone. They came out to fix a blocked drain, charged me $500.00 and left. Two days later it was blocked again. Ridiculous. I called someone else to come, they unblocked it (all sorts of crud and crap came out of the drain) and they charged HALF the price. Now I am trying to get my money back from Manax. Who of course won't return it.

Darryl Kirkland from Orangeville
Darryl Kirkland from Orangeville

Bought softner

Bought top softner
Leaker and broke
Replaced softner but didn't care about water damage
Called twice to repair new softner, still not working right
And charged me each visit but didn't get results

CaraE
CaraE
2 reviews Caledon, ON

Install a water softener & iron remover

The good? The installation of an iron remover and water conditioner seems to be done correctly, it has been just over a week and so far so good. They were friendly and seemed to know their stuff.

The bad? There were a few things that had me shaking my head but the things that irked me the most are:
- We had a scheduled time of 10 a.m. They called just before 9:15 to see if I was home (I was dropping my kids at school which I had told them I would be doing) and then showed up just over an hour late even though we'd sent the time just the day before. It was an inconvenience and I had to scramble to change my schedule.
- Without asking me, the workmen (one of whom is the company owner) decided to toss and scatter all of the garbage into the ditch in front of my house - the old tanks, containers, boxes etc. It was a huge mess and one of the tanks is so heavy I have to hire someone to come and get it. At the very least they could have left it beside the house.
- Even though I let the owner of the company know about the mess and that I was not happy about it I have not had a response back yet (9 days later) and for me that is a deal-breaker. Had he taken a moment to apologize and to make it right I would not be posting this review.

Fortunately servicing under the warranty can be done by another dealer in the area as I don't plan to call on Manax again.

Cara,
My sincere apologies, but I did not receive any message from you. While that is no excuse I would like to make amends and will be calling you tomorrow to do so. I hope we can resolve this matter. Please in future if you do not get a response from me withing 24 hours please call again to make sure I got the message so that I can deal with any shortcoming in our service.

Alex

DID from Orangeville
DID from Orangeville
5 reviews Orangeville, ON

Bathroom Plumbing Hookup

While the owner was out of town two of his apprentices came to my home and installed my bathroom fixtures. I was very happy with their consideration that the job needed to be done within a time frame and they did their best to complete it. I did pay them without inspecting the job. Upon inspection I found some flaws and because their bill states I would need to let them know within 3 business days if I was dissatisfied, I called and left a message and the call was not returned. I felt in order to comply with their wording I would need to cancel the cheque (with the intention of replacing the funds once they addressed the problems. This did cause a problem which when the owner returned, he did get back to me at his earliest convenience. He came, saw the problem, promised to return with the right part and he also agreed to fix another problem I was having. The owner was very good at problem solving and finding ways to ensure that all was good. I must admit, it was a specialised job and required someone with an analytical mine. He filled the bill in a very timely manner and I'd not hesitate to recommend him.

Mary Riley from Palgrave
Mary Riley from Palgrave
1 review , ON

Repair Well disconnection

Shout out to Manax Plumbing -- they came out Feb11/15 very quickly after we called at 8am because we had no water (we are on well water - checked power, etc etc)... they quickly found the issue - and fixed it. thankfully it was a small issue a disintegrated coupling. They did not try to upsell a new well pump etc (which is the norm these days). Nor was there an 'emergency call' fee (which we've been charged by other plumbers for any same day service call). :) The price was reasonable and Todd and Alex were efficient, honest and a pleasure to be around. :) We had our water back by 11:30am. :) Thanks guys ! :)

Great service should not cost more... I glad it was a small job and nothing major. Thanks again for the review and the post on facebook :)

Angelo from Orangeville
Angelo from Orangeville

Water pump

The most technical plumbers I know. Most plumbers think they are technical but these guy's really are. Fast, efficient and neat. The boss Alex is a very good guy too. He's the type that gets down and dirty and makes sure you are happy with their services.

Thanks For the Review. I hope that everything is working great and there will be no more problems in the future!

Lesia from Orangeville
Lesia from Orangeville

RO system installation

Had a appointment with this company to install our RO system, on the day of the installation they called and said they could not come as their truck broke down. We then called the owner to let him know that we scheduled a day at home to have this taken care of. The owner Alex came personally to install our RO system the same day and did a good job. Since we purchased the RO system and all the installation parts we though he would leave us the extra valves and spare parts for future need. After Alex left we noticed he took all the extra parts with him. We called him and he said he would drop the parts back. A few days later we called him again to ask to have the parts brought back. Here we are 2 weeks later and we still have not receive our parts....

I apologize... I have been out of town for the past few weeks and gave the part to one of my Technicians, he forgot to drop it by your place and then went on vacation this past week without informing me that he did not drop it off... I will get it to you ASAP.

Again I apologize.

More about Manax Plumbing & Pump Services

This Site has been removed by the Register Trademark Owner of the name Manax Plumbing & Heating LTD due to the posting of false reviews. NO reviews post 2014 can be trusted or verified. as Such the owner of the namesake has petitioned to have the company profile removed. Homestars ...