Home Depot Canada The

nomorerenos in Spruce Grove
nomorerenos in Spruce Grove
3 reviews Edmonton, AB

Customs Blinds

My ordeal started July 13, 2018 with the Home Depot designer coming to my home to do her job, I ordered and that was my first mistake. I agreed to pay 1/2 that day and 1/2 after install was done and I was satisfied. The product and installer came on August 10/18 to install. Prior to that my husband and I repaired and painted all of our walls in the house. The product went in and was defective, even the installer was not happy. Contacted designer and she was on vacation, left message of my dissatisfaction and wanted her to come out so we could resolve. She finally came out Sept 5/18 and did a reorder. In the meantime the 2nd half of payment came off my Mastercard without authorization 2 days after install. Reorder went in and nobody kept in contact with me. From the beginning I explained that we were leaving the country October 25th and I needed this job done before then. I had to make my own phone calls, show up at the store, contact Home Depot Customer Support and get my own file # and get strung along the way as to when the product was actually going to show up. Finally the product show up on October 16, 2018 and the order was wrong. By this time the walls that we had fixed were damaged and full of holes that the installer tried to fix, he also turned and said we didn't listen to him on measurements which was false because he came to do final measurements prior to the first order in July, 2018.
At this point in time we had enough of Home Depot's customer service, promises and workmanship, we did not want them in our home again. All we wanted was compensation which I had to fight for even after I left the country. I had to check on credit to our Mastercard everyday and then found out the person who said they put in the request in fact did not as the finance department had no record of the request. On November 21, 2018, 132 days later, over 4 months, we received compensation. We still have to fix our walls, repair the defects and possibly order new blinds for some windows but I can tell you for a fact, it will never, ever be custom anything from Home Depot.

Paulina Roitman from Thornhill
Paulina Roitman from Thornhill

Bought a washer and a dryer

I bought a washer and dryer and they were supposed to deliver on Saturday from 12:30 to 4:30 pm but never showed up and I had to call 3 times to finally learn that they were not even going to deliver my appliances. I went to the store on Yonge and Hwy 7 the next day and asked to speak to the store manager who was not helpful at all. I explained the situation and said all I wanted was a guarantee that my appliances were going to be delivered between 4 to 8 and she said that was not possible so I asked for my money back and went to Lowes where I bought the appliances. They gave me a 2 hour window and called me 30 min before arriving and now I have my appliances.
The service at home depot was terrible.

Tier 1 in Mississauga
Tier 1 in Mississauga
1 review Edmonton, AB

dishwasher delivery

I ordered a dishwasher 2 weeks ago,
in the order I said to leave the appliance on the porch.
Delivery was scheduled 2 days later but was not delivered.
I called back to rescheduled and they gave me a week later,
then they call back rescheduled again, a further 2 days.
When they did, they said they can not leave on the porch and I said this was fine. I stayed home to receive the appliance and no one showed up.
I called today 16 days after I ordered and was told I that they can reschedule
and that I have to be there for the pickup. I told them I have to work and cannot afford to stay at home to wait for their delivery again. So the order was cancelled. I will not order from them again. Home Depot is just the worst.

Marnie in Edmonton
Marnie in Edmonton
0 reviews Edmonton, AB

Patio furniture set

Ordered set sept. 13 online for delivery 5-10 days. Called HD Sept. 27th and they gave me a ticket no., for expedited service. Never heard back as was stated so called again. Was told they were waiting for "warehouse update" - whatever that is! Finally demanded cancellation as item was in my bank act. as Pending since Sept. 13th. Told it takes 24-48 hrs. which has expired and still don't have money returned in my account. It is definitely THE WORST CUSTOMER SERVICE store ever!!!

Simon in Barrie
Simon in Barrie
1 review Barrie, ON

Takes money, Can’t rovide the product, Terrible customer service

Ordered a workbench online. HD claims to have shipped it almost a month ago but never arrived. Tracking number says item went to California! When I called the customer disservice department, they advised the tracking number they have on record is wrong. They don’t know where it is. I asked them to send a replacement but they wouldn’t. They escalated the issue; after a week I have heard nothing. Called back and got a runaround - “my computer is down”. Worst customer department ever! They don’t hesitate in taking your money but a month later and still no product! Shopping at Rona or Lowe’s from now on!

Private User reviews Langley, BC

Horrible service, defective product

I had a storm door installed, which together with installation cost over $800. Within three days, the lock on the door broke. I have called Home Depot five times about this, with no satisfactory response. Each time, I'm directed to call a different number. At the last number I called, I was redirected to the first number; apparently, Home Depot can't decide whether this is a special order or not, and as long as they can't make up their mind, nothing will be done about the fact that I paid over $800 and the door is broken! I will never buy anything from Home Depot again.

Michael in Toronto
Michael in Toronto

Not reliable they don’t ever delivery on the day

This is the second time now Home Depot delivery has screwed us. The firstime was with a gazebo we bought online. They claimed the delivered it but they never did. We had to spend hours on the phone and wait weeks for the item to arrive.

This time we were waiting for a dishwasher that didn’t come within the 4 hour window. We called the company and they claimed it would be delayed on that day (Saturday). They never came, didn’t call and when we called the Home Depot the next day we were told that they had delivered it. Obviously that was not true. Home Depot then told us they would take 24-48 hours to look into it. Needless to say we are frustrated and mad at ourselves for ordering from them again, therefore opening ourselves up for this happen to us again.

Now I look back and remember a customer coming in and complains that his order never came on the specified day. The Home Depot employee said (very nicely) “once we take your money it’s no longer our responsibility). I think it’s shameful that Home Depot for hiring these rinky dinky companies to do their delivery while they absolve themselves from the situation.

davyd5 in Brantford
davyd5 in Brantford
1 review Brantford, ON

Hampton Bay Gazebo

After ordering the gazebo online and paying for the shipping, i was told that it would be delivered within 3- 7 days. After 14 days and numerous calls to "customer service" i felt i was just being fobbed off. They told me to call the shipping company and find out where it was, i told HD that i had paid them and they could call and get back to me. 3 days later and nothing back from HD i called the shipping company only to be told they could'nt find it. Back on the phone to HD "customer service" and asked for a supervisor, they will call you back later on today....no return call so i called agin only to be told the same story. Anyway after 5 days iand a lot of shouting on the phone i eventually got a supervisor who told me i was being refunded as they didn't have any in stock for the online order BUT i could drive 100km to another city and pick one up. I told them to call the store and get it sent to me" we can't do that as it is an independent store". If anyone is thinking of buying anything online from HD....Buyer beware!!!!!!!

Private User reviews Edmonton, AB

ABSOLUTE WORST CUSTOMER EXPERIENCE EVER!!!!

I bought 2 sets of their Hampton Bay seat cushions to replace the ones that I had on a whole patio set I bought 5 years ago!! The cushions lasted 5 years the replacement ones lasted not even 2 months and the foam was packed right down... Sad. So I go to return them to the store and customer service rep Sam says they can't be returned because the barcode is missing...... I clearly showed her the receipt with them on it... She said she can't return them... I asked to speak to the manager on duty and Brittany shows up at the counter. She tells me that they are now refusing to return them as it's over 90 days. The story has now changed. I bought these April 28, 2018, and the receipt clearly shows that the 90 days is up on July 27, 2018. So now I am out $130.00 for cushions that are just as comfortable as sitting on the metal bar... I will never shop this location and possibly Home Depot ever again. I get the feeling they just don't want to hurt their monthly quota.... P.S. I will surely be Returning the $1100.00 set that I just bought last week. I'll have to see what these joker's say about that one. They seem to sell crap patio furniture now and just refuse your return when their junk breaks or wears out. #homedepot #5125 126 AVE SE, Calgary, AB T2Z 4E7 #MICHAEL RENAUD #403-2578750 #homedepotpoorcustomerservice #boycot #nevershopagain

Tom E in Toronto
Tom E in Toronto

Deliver

We ordered patio furniture online. Delivery company hired by Home Depot (Canada Cartage Logistics) has our product and have went dark. Home Depot tell us they know its a problem (they are not returning their calls either) and starting May 14th they are using different a vendor for new delivery orders. In the meantime, we can only get our money back once Canada Cartage Logistics declares our product lost. Was advised by Home Depot today that could be up to 6 months. It did not even occur to me when we placed an online order that we could get caught in such a weird position. We have been advised there is nothing we can do, but wait it out.

For those of you ordering online BE CAREFUL.