Home Depot Canada The

Reviews for Home Depot Canada The

New front and backyard in Brampton
New front and backyard in Brampton

Online orders

The HD Online Order system is a total waste for curbside pickup. Why put down a pickup date and the store can't even honor that. I ordered 4 cans of spray paint and it has been 3 days since the order. How long does it take for a HD Associate to get 4 cans and put it in a basket? And the store (North Brampton) has hardly 5 cars at any time waiting for a pickup so they can't be that busy. Also the fact that the store has the items listed as available in the store should not be a problem. This particular store has a history of very poor customer service, specialist customer service associates who don't have a clue about what they talk about and the fact when you ask a question about a certain product they read off the product label, hell anybody can do that. And if you need help with something you generally wait between 20 to 30 minutes until an associate shows up.
Another issue is their delivery options. I ordered a fire table and there was an option for $10.00 more to have it delivered within a 3 hour window, well, it showed up the next day. I could have paid less for the next day delivery option!! And try to get a $10. refund on their screwup,
GOOD LUCK!!!!

Vanda in Edmonton
Vanda in Edmonton
0 reviews Edmonton, AB

NEVER BUY ANYTHING FROM HOMEDEPOT

I wish I could give 0 stars bought a washer dryer in Dec had it delivered on Jan 02 they have a 48 hour return or replace policy if machine doesn't work, I called on Jan 4th machine wasn't working. Was told 7-10 days we would get a replacement someone would call. NOBODY CALLED Jan 21st called to see what was happening, I was told manufacturer forgot to post replacement order , which is fine everybody makes mistakes all was good until I placed another call 2 weeks later same thing happened then another same thing happened then I said enough is enough I don't want a replacement just remove it from my house they said they had contacted the carrier to pick up called the carrier they have no such order .... another week has gone by called again asked to speak to supervisor was denied because they are not permitted to pass calls to supervisors. It is now Feb 19th almost 2 months have passed I have no clue when we will get money back or when machine will be taken away have sent email to ca_cutomercare@ homedepot.com hoping to get a response or at the very least an apology for having to spend my only day off washing cloths in a laundry mat during a pandemic with -41 degree weather after spending over $1500 on a machine that doesn't work.
DO NOT BUY AT THE HOME DEPOT
as soon as I get my money back IF I GET IT BACK I will be buying from smaller retail business we get better service and they are gratefull for our business.

Old Timer DiY guy
Old Timer DiY guy

Windows - custom orders

Home Depot store on Mavis and Dundas in Mississauga, ON.
Ordered the windows on October 2020 and got them now (January 8th, 2021) with COVID lockdown. So I picked them up in the parking lot at the so called "curb". At this store it meant to wait on the phone for more than 30 minutes while talking to other waiting customers, not knowing if somebody will ever answer the call. Meanwhile few employees were bringing orders to lucky customers while some of them even accepting to take note of the customers orders but the ones already on the phone left to wait some more.
Then another 45 minutes of waiting and finally got the windows. Just before starting to load them up notice that the crank handles are missing on 2 of the 3 windows. Asking the guys, they pointed to the store manager. I thought that I was lucky to address the issue to the "boss". Very unceremoniously he declared that we should return the windows WHEN THE STORE OPENS. We only asked him to acknowledge/witness the status of the order to not say that we lost the handles. He refused in the rudest manner. Not impressed that this is a custom order that according to their rules can not be returned without penalty he asked us firmly to leave HIS PARKING LOT! And very proud of himself he showed us his apron with the name BRAD on it.
I guess that's what we deserve after buying from this store from more than 16 years and placing CUSTOM orders with them.
Should have know better.
So if you really want to order from Home Depot at least choose another store like I will do from now on.

Allan in Edmonton
Allan in Edmonton
1 review Edmonton, AB

Poor policies

Poorly run
Very poor practices they put the ryobi spreader on sale about $15.00 off reg price but had no stock when stock showed up the raised the price back up when I asked for the sale price they offered my $5.00 off or to speak to a supervisor. The supervisor turned out to be a full mailbox with no options other then to hang up
Now I wish someone else carried Ryobi here I bought a about 2 grand worth or tools and stuff recently but I guess they don’t care.

Private User reviews Whitchurch Stouffville, ON

Don't order online from Home Depot

Thinking of ordering something online from Home Depot? Think again. Three weeks ago I ordered a barbecue cover, assuming it would be coming from a local Home Depot branch. Wrong. It took three whole weeks to come by UPS to Richmond BC from Milton ON and then UPS sent it back again because they couldn't find my house! When I asked Home Depot for a refund, they said UPS had the wrong address (not true --it was all correct on the UPS tracker site & correct on the Home Depot order) and they wouldn't process a refund until the item was returned --to Ontario! I demanded a refund immediately but that isn't "company policy." I asked to speak to a manager but that wasn't policy either. If I'm really lucky, it will take the package three weeks to get back to Ontario and maybe I'll get my refund for Christmas. I've been a loyal Home Depot customer for many years but Covid has opened my eyes to a different world of shoddy business ethics which they apparently get away with online even though they can see the UPS tracker info as well as I can. Remember when the customer was first? No more. Do not order online from Home Depot.

Not Happy
Not Happy
1 review Edmonton, AB

mirror sliding doors

This has been an experience I didn't need one lady in the department that does the status of your order was great everyone else no. I purchased these doors for 1739.00 back August 3 and just got them now Oct 17 blame it on Covid but Covid has nothing to do with customer service I paid to have these delivered on the Friday had someone to install and what do you know NO doors. I had to get the installation guy to pick them up and then your people didn't even have the courtesy to help load them on the truck they walked away It will be a cold frosty Friday before I recommend your store to anyone and I won't be back either

Private User reviews Mount Albert, ON

I tried to take advantage of a special offer, but the ad was misleading.

I tried to take advantage of a special offer advertised on HD Canada's website: Buy a toolkit, get a free battery.
Although the webpage advertised the offer, saying "Free Item will appear in cart, subject to availability in-store or online."​, due to the fact that the free battery was not available online, they refused to honor their term of "availability in-store OR online".
The battery was available in-store, while of course, no toolkits were available in-store.
I believe that's dishonest. Make your ads clear and respect your own terms and conditions. Receiving an explanation in email a week later, does not make it right. Put the explanation in the ad, so that anybody can see it.
"availability in-store OR online" should mean just that, not "if in stock on the same channel, in-store or online". Very disappointed.

Washer/Dryer

I had ordered a washer/dryer on September 27 to be delivered on 8th October. An automated call came that they will be here in 30 minutes, waited and no one came. When I called they said it will be there in 4 hour window. It never came. Again called, they said the driver had a challenge coming to driveway so went off. The driver did not call also. Followed up for 2 days and went ahead and cancelled the order. After reading all reviews I am so happy I cancelled. Never again will order anything from Home depot. The address was given on September 27 they should have seen that they need a smaller van for delivery not on deliveryd date.

Peter and Mary-Lyn in Ottawa
Peter and Mary-Lyn in Ottawa
0 reviews Ottawa, ON

Dishwasher

Ordered a dishwasher, long delay but I understand, day comes no delivery, despite getting a call saying it would be delivered. called waited a long time, sorry that was a mistake, no date to give you but we will call ASAP. No one called. followed up, Oh it's in our warehouse, we can deliver it in two days. Oh great, what about the install I paid for, go sorry now u have to wait another 3 weeks for that to happen. Installer will call you shortly, they never call, follow up, oh sorry it's 4 weeks now! Seriously what the hell kinda of system so they have going there? Never buying from them again. Be warned

Private User reviews Markham, ON

Terrible customer service on appliance delivery

Do not, I repeat, DO NOT trust Home Depot to tell the truth about how little they care about delivering your appliances. They don’t know what they’re doing, and doing it very well!

Any other company could do a better job.

Buy at your own risk.