Tristar Roofing & Gutters

22995 64 ave Langley BC V2Y 2L2
HomeStars  >  Roofing in New Westminster  >  Tristar Roofing & Gutters
How well a company responds to Quote Requests and Reviews.

Reviews for Tristar Roofing & Gutters

Barb from burnaby in Burnaby
1 review Burnaby, BC

Chris, you came and gave me my free quote within days of my request, excellent in my books and so was the quote, not the cheapest but one must pay for quality and that is what we got.
Your two man team of installers arrived just before 8 am, introduced themselves (very polite and professional), went straight to work with surprisingly little noise. The entire job was complete by mid afternoon with everything cleaned up so meticulously you would never have known they were even there except for my gleaming white brand new Gutters! Thanks for being there for me TRISTAR!

1 review Langley, BC

Dear Mike, I got recommendations, read references, had estimates and looked through better business records. Finally we chose a company to install a new roof and gutters. The contract was written October 12, 2016; but, they were very busy and so work did not begin till January. The guys worked hard and we were pleased with the work, initially. The company was to do a complete tear off of the old roof and put down a premium self stick snow and ice shield then room with Edco Metal shingles for a "50 year roof" The contract price was to also include a complete gutter system and a skylight. Our home has two skylights and they were discussed at the contract signing. It was determined that the kitchen skylight should be replaced and we were told we could wait till the following year or so to do the other.

Within days of completion, I began to have leaks and water in my living room! I contacted the company and owner, who sent his roofer to check things out. That was the first "service call" Within a few weeks it was leaking something terrible and the owner blamed my skylight and offered "to tarp it but I told you you needed to replace it" blamed me said it was my own negligence for not "wanting to" replace it at the time of roofing.

The first "tarp" was actually a felt underlay fabric and, essentially acted like a wet blanket over the problem area witch became saturated through rains and possible made things worse, dispersing the water over a larger area. It leaked again within weeks; now, from several locations.

The second tarp, blew of within hours. The third time they used two tarps yet chose to have the seem where the two met, directly over the problem area, soil was still experiencing leaking and water in my home EVERY time it rained.

The roofer told us that he informed the owner that the skylight should be replaced but no one ever brought it to our attention. We would have done so immediately. The owner convinced us the skylight was the problem. I had a deposit for a skylight to be manufactured.

A short time later I was working in my basement and looked up to see A bluffing pocket of water in my wall, behind the plaster and paint. We cut into it to drain it and water poured out. I was devastated to see some of the true extent of the damages.

It was then we contacted our home insurance. The insurance company came with roofing experts and restoration technicians to investigate the source of the leak. They were at the house a few times and produced a written inspection report. It was determined that the water ingress and subsequent damage was due to the roofers re-using my old backpan flashing. The roofers cut the flashing back, so that it no longer extended past the skylight curb, their metal shingles fell short on one run and missed meeting the skylight by about three inches. A very small piece of metal shingle was cut and put in place. I do recall the roofer that came to tarp, mentioning that he thought this could be the source of water ingress.
Gable ends were cut and left raw, old flashing reused, skylight not offered or discussed, first visit to tarp was done so with a synthetic fabric that was subsequently saturated with water and essentially acted like a blanket trapping water and concentrating water saturation over the failing area, second tarping blew off within hours leaving failing area exposed, third tarping saw a joining of tarps with a "seam" that was located over the failing area and the water penetration was never stopped in any of the four "service calls" to tarp and in fact added additional "load" to the already failing area.

Owner is a nightmare. Installers had no idea what they were doing.

1 review Langley, BC

Good looking gutters. Installation was very quick. Called to voice concerns regarding a couple of issues and was contacted quickly to try and resolve the issues. Seem concerned to make things right.

Review has 1 previous version
Lora Alexandre from Pitt Meadows
9 reviews Pitt Meadows, BC

My spouse called Chris and he came the next day in the morning. He measured our gutters and explained the process and answered all of my questions. Our guttters were approximately 28 years old, so it was time to replace them. His crew came out the next day and installed new black gutter, downspouts and leaf guard on all the gutters. The crew was clean and respectful and answered questions when we thought to ask them.

I would definately recommend them for gutter replacement.

Sonali in Langley
2 reviews Langley, BC

Had a very pleasant experience dealing with a knowledgable and efficient team. We back onto a greenbelt and our existing gutters were 16 years old, leaky and full of leaves, needles and other debris, despite cleaning them just 3 weeks ago! Chris gave us a very good estimate and colour option, and we decided to instal professional Leafpro gutters. Everything was done quickly and efficiently and in less than 2 days, including changing the location of the downspouts! Love the exterior, and we know this system is going to be one of the best and wisest investments we've made and will prolong the life of our roof and home! Thanks for a job well done!

Wes in
1 review Coquitlam, BC

We recently had our aging gutters replaced by Tristar. Chris provided a prompt, competitive quote for the work and was friendly and knowledgeable in all our interactions. The crew did a great job and gave us a detailed breakdown of the work done. Our house looks so much better with shiny black gutters and we're well prepared for the rain!

Eric Towne from Maple Ridge
2 reviews Maple Ridge, BC

Tristar was out standing from my request for a quote through installation and follow up. Chris made some excellent suggestions on colour, water flow and change to down spout location to improve the look of house. We did have a challenge and it was rectified with out question. Would definitely recommend Tristar Roofing & Gutters!

Charles & Lynn Pratsides in
1 review Surrey, BC

We have metal roof and after the snowfall this winter our gutters were severely damaged. We shopped around and found Tristar. We contacted them.. they came around the next day with the estimate which we accepted and three weeks later our new gutters were installed within two days. We found the the company very professional and efficient. We are very happy with the end product. We would not hesitate to recommend this company to our family and friends. Thank you Tristar Gutters. You

Brian
1 review Langley, BC

Chris's quotation for the work was reasonable and prompt. Installation was completed by two workers who were friendly, efficient and quality oriented. The work was done in snowy weather; however, the finished job and site clean-up was excellent. Would highly recommend Tristar Roofing & Gutters.

Job Price

Thank you Brian. It was a pleasure to work with you. We appreciate the kind words, and we value your business :)

Betty in Maple Ridge
2 reviews North Vancouver, BC

i was very impressed with the fast service once I had placed the call for a quote. I found the company to be very professional and the three young fellows who did the work to be excellent. The product looks wonderful. Thank you for a fine job !!!!

Job Price

Thank you so much for the kind words. It was a pleasure to work with you Betty. Thank you again for your business, we appreciate it. Don't hesitate to call if there are any future questions!

More about Tristar Roofing & Gutters

Tristar Roofing & Gutters are metal roofing pros, since 1980. We install metal roofing and metal cladding on residential and commercial projects. Standing seam roofing and snaplock roofing panels a specialty. New or reno. Steel shingles, steel shakes, steel tile. We install all profiles of gutters including 1/2 round Euro gutters, and Leafpro hooded gutters.
roofing, sheet metal, asphalt, fiberglass shingles, re-roof, new construction, torch-on, cedar conversion, gutters, downspouts, roof cleaning, roof washing, gutter replacement

Roofing and Gutters & Eavestroughs
Roofing, Fiberglass Shingles, Metal roofing, snaplock panel, standing seam, steel roofing, steel tile, steel shingles, metal shingles, metal shakes, steel shakes, cedar shakes, rubber roofing, composite roofing, IKO, GAF, Torch on, Gutters, Euro 1/2 round, Euro half round, Euro gutters, Round pipe, downpipe, downspout, 5" gutters, 6" gutters, Leafguard, Leaf screen, Leaf protector, Drain guard, Drainguard, Funnels, Crown gutters, Super 5, 2 step, Fascia, sheet metal, flashing, Leafpro, Leaf pro, Leafscreen, leaf guard, eavestrough, eaves, continuous, asphalt shingles, shingles, soft wash, roof cleaning, roof wash, cladding, Ziplock
IKO, GAF, Certainteed, Malarkey, Owens Corning, BP, Pabco, Gentek, Rain Elements, Lindab, Drainguard, Gentek, Kaycan, Mitten, Euroshield, Ecoroof, Duraclad, Westform, Ziplock, Snaplock,
minimum charge