Ideal Plumbing & Heating

Ideal Plumbing & Heating

Reviews for Ideal Plumbing & Heating

Private User reviews St. Catharines, ON

Great Company Great Work

My furnace had been red tagged and we were in need of an affordable efficient furnace fast. Thank you Ideal Plumbing, fast services installed quickly. Would highly recommend them to anyone

superdee9 St Catharines Ontario
superdee9 St Catharines Ontario
13 reviews Saint Catharines, ON

bathroom reno

I got great service from this company - i really like the fact that they are a local family run company and they stand behind their work - they did the job just as i requested and there have been no issues with their work after install - I would highly recommend this company for quality work!

shawn in Grimsby
shawn in Grimsby
1 review Thorold, ON

install and remove water lines, boiler ingnitor

I had the unfortunate experience of hiring IDEAL PLUMBING to remove and replace water lines in my home. The tradesman that was sent didn't no the extent of the job and immediately asked for another tradesman to be sent to help them. It got worse, so I asked them not to come back. BE WARNED OF HIRING THIS COMPANY, poor workmanship and they refuse to stand behind their product when there is a problem.

Hi Shawn, thanks for sharing your experience. What you're forgetting to mention is you hired us with a budget number. We agreed on a time plus material pricing, keeping the budget number in mind. My guys would show up and you weren't ready for them to install drains as you were working on the flooring to install.
You contacted me after my crew were running some waterlines and said you felt the work wasn't happening fast enough. You asked for the work to stop. You and I met regarding the job, we discussed what was done and how much time was spent. I then adjusted the time plus material price and you agreed it was fair.
In the mean time your boiler ignitor blew. We send a guy down to replace it. You took care of the invoice and a month later the ignitor was not working, in fact it broke in two pieces.
Typically when an ignitor breaks it gets white power on a bad section, they don't break in two. We did leave your equipment in working order. The original ignitor blew after a month, we arrived promptly to repair the boiler. We can't warranty a part that we don't receive warranty. It's not us refusing the warranty, it's the manufacturer. The elements are not in our control. There are many factors which can effect your ignitor, this is why the warranty from the manufacturer is essentially non-existent when an ignitor is broken in two pieces.
I'm sorry that you are not happy after our previous agreement of settlement. I was prompt in response to your complaints and tried to address the situation putting myself in your shoes.
It's hard to swallow that we can't please everyone. But I live with a clean conscience knowing we did everything to cater to your needs.
Regarding the poor workmanship, we adhere to the Ontario Building Code when we install any plumbing. When re-piping a building it is difficult to not be intrusive with piping. We did not damage any of your property and we installed our piping alongside the electrical lines that were chased to the basement. I'd be happy to review your project with a plumbing inspector. Please contact our office and I'd be glad to make an appointment with you and the inspector.
Thanks again for sharing your experience and I'm sorry you couldn't be satisfied.

Private User reviews Niagara Falls, ON

Basement Reno.

I needed work done in my basement including gaining access to a hose via the basement ceiling, doing pipe work so that the pipes don't freeze and I don't understand a lot of this stuff. Bob the plumber from Ideal explained everything he was doing in a way I could understand. He was very neat , cleaned up after himself and very friendly. He completed the work in a timely manner and everything was DDown with the highest quality.

Aurelie moskwa from Niagara Falls
Aurelie moskwa from Niagara Falls
1 review Niagara Falls, ON

Duct work

Needed duck work in the upper part of our home, only decent quote we got! Awesome staff... we had Charlie and Tom come install and they did a top notch fantastic job...Would highly recommend!! Thanks guys much appreciated, with the summer temps coming so happy to have air upstairs now!!! Dave and aurelie Moskwa

Jessica  from St. Catharines
Jessica from St. Catharines
1 review Saint Catharines, ON

Plumbing Issues

After an hour the guy said he was about done, but ended up another hour, and no further along, they couldn't fix the problems, and couldn't even give recommendations.....nice guy but could never in good faith recommend them for more then a simple clog.

I'm sorry you got this impression, we will look into what happened at your house. Out plumbers are all licensed with the Ontario College of Trades. We pride ourselves as being problem solvers. If we couldn't clear the problem. The technician is to have recommendations (usually replacement) and we deduct the cost you have spent towards drain cleaning from the cost of replacement. Not every problem can be simply cleared with drain cleaning but all have a solution.
Again we are sorry you had this experience and we will look into what happened. Thank you for the review.

Jeff from Pelham
Jeff from Pelham
1 review Fonthill, ON

New A/C unit

Above & beyond! Made call & were here the next day to install. Left area cleaner that how they found it AND made some extra changes to improve performance & look of furnace! Great job!

Wes Turner in St catharines
Wes Turner in St catharines
2 reviews Saint Catharines, ON

Plumbing-hot water pressure

We had a problem with our hot water pressure. The plumber with quite a lot of years experience described it as a unique problem, but was able to identify the cause and fix it in a timely manner and at a reasonable cost. Very satisfied.

Michael Haberer from St. Catharines
Michael Haberer from St. Catharines
1 review Saint Catharines, ON

Clogged Pipes

The Ideal Plumbing Team showed up promptly even though it was after regular hours, diagnosed the problem and had it fixed quickly and made a point of making sure all was cleaned up as if they had never been there. Job well done.

More about Ideal Plumbing & Heating

Ideal Plumbing & Heating is a plumbing and heating contractor, working in residential, commercial, and light industrial sectors. We work with small businesses and residential clients who need a plumbing or heating contractor who is on-time, courteous, clean and has the customer’s best interest in mind.
Looking for Plumbing pros in Thorold?