Design 2 Build

Reviews for Design 2 Build

Alina in Petawawa
Alina in Petawawa

Complete home renovation

We hired Tom to do a major renovation to a 3 story home built in early 1900’s. Tom and his merry men were professional and a pleasure to work with. Taking an old home to open concept is a challenge, however Tom and his team did an amazing job and the final product was beautiful and we are extremely happy with the results.

Lindsey in Etobicoke
Lindsey in Etobicoke
1 review Etobicoke, ON

Whole home renovation

In 2008 I bought a home in the Kingsway area that needed a ton of work done to it. As a person who is not too knowledgable about renovations I was concerned about finding a contractor who was honest and reliable. Tom and his team were recommended to me by a friend and I cannot say enough about how great they were. From start to finish Tom gave me a quote that was fair and that he honoured. The work was done on time, on budget and was meticulous. Tom was always a phone call or text away and answered any questions quickly and thoroughly. There were a couple of touchups to be done afterwards and he personally came and did about half a days work in a timely manner. I didn't have to wait weeks to see someone for the minor things once all the bills are paid. This displays the kind of integrity that Tom has. It is now 2012 and I still love my house and all the work that was done. It's unfortunate to read some negative comments about the past owner. I can assure anyone reading this that Tom is up front and honest. I would highly recommend his company.

Jackie in Toronto
Jackie in Toronto

Kitchen Reno

We used Tom and his crew for our kitchen renovation last winter. He came highly recommended to us from our interior designer. We were very happy with the end result! Tom and his crew completed the project in a very timely manner which can be rare with contractors! He was true to his word with every aspect of the project and handled all issues with utmost professionalism. The final result was a high quality kitchen renovation with little inconvenience or headache along the way!
I would definitely recommend Tom and his crew at Design 2 Build and would use them again for future projects.

Jacquelyn in Downtown Toronto
Jacquelyn in Downtown Toronto

Plaster wall repair and wallpapering

We cannot express how thrilled we were with the work done by Tom and his team at Design 2 Build! We hired them based on the recommendation of a friend. Not only did he respond promptly and provide an estimate and timeline quickly, when they were on site doing the work they finished more quickly than expected and were extremely personable and friendly!

It was a fairly complicated wall update, as it spanned over the staircase of two floors of a Victorian with very high ceilings. Their work was meticulous, thorough, and beautiful - eight months later, it still looks as good as new, no flaws.

We're very grateful to Tom and his team for their approach to helping renovate our home and would most definitely recommend them again!

Brian in Etobicoke
Brian in Etobicoke
1 review ETOBICOKE, ON

Shower renovation and repair

My wife and I bought a house that had a recently renovated bathroom. After about 6 months the shower began to leak water into the basment washroom causing ceiling damage. After spending $500.00 on plumbers who couldn't diagnose the problem a friend recommended Tom and Design 2 Build. Tom identified the problems instantly, coordinated his crew, and executed the repairs as quickly as possible. I work from home and therefor witnessed the entire process and I found all the guys to be professional, hardworking, courteous, committed, punctual and, most importantly, they took a personal interest in the quality of their work. I have no doubt that I will be recommending Design 2 Build many times.

Al E. Rocca in Burlington
Al E. Rocca in Burlington
1 review BURLINGTON, ON

Home Renovation

Back about 3years ago Design 2Build did a lower level reno and did a fabulous and meticulous job. Very happy with their work and would recommend them to anyone looking to renovate or build.

Al Rocca

Chris Wallace in Toronto
Chris Wallace in Toronto
1 review TORONTO, ON

Bathroom reno

I found them to have very courteous service. Followed up on all warranty work. We ended up with a quality professional finished result. Looks great. I liked working with the trades they provided.

Bob Brakel in Oakville
Bob Brakel in Oakville

high end fencing, pergola & outdoor structures

Tom G and his crew were very professional. They needed little direction, worked creatively and stayed on the job until it was completed.
The end result was beyond expectations in all respects.
Cost was reasonable and no surprises.

Murray Teichman in Toronto
Murray Teichman in Toronto

Main floor gut and renovation

Our major Reno was completed about 6 month ago. I never heard of nor had any contact with the individual's mentioned in the other reviews. My experience with Tom ( te owner) and his crew was 100% positive. The work was completed on time and on budget. His crew and the suppliers he brought in we're all courteous, respectfully, punctual, and reliable. The workmanship was outstanding.
It was overall a positive experience and we would not hesitate to use Design 2 Build again. I highly recommend their services.

Gary Ball in Burlington
Gary Ball in Burlington
1 review Burlington, ON

Bathroom Reno

Tom inherited us as hostile clients when he purchased the business from Shawn. I am sure it has been an uphill battle. Tom worked hard to gain our trust and respect and to honour the agreement that Shawn had broken. He and his associates did a very good job! I wouldn't hesitate to recommend Tom for any residential projects you have.