Country Hearth & Chimney Inc

RR 4 Cobourg ON
HomeStars  >  Heating & Air Conditioning in Cobourg  >  Country Hearth & Chimney Inc

Reviews for Country Hearth & Chimney Inc

Pierre Therrien
Pierre Therrien
6 reviews Port Hope, ON

Fireplace installation

We had Country Hearth come over and estimate the installation and make some recommendations. They recommended an air tight gas stove and a gas logset for our traditional living room. Installation occurred on time and on budget. Installers were professional and courteous. The logsets work very well. The one problem we had was a scratch in the paint and it was rectified immediately to my satisfaction.

Mark MacDonald from Hastings
Mark MacDonald from Hastings
1 review Hastings, ON

Chimney relining

Country Hearth & Chimney Inc
905-372-0223
RR 4
Cobourg

Very dissatisfied with work by Cobourg Hearth and Chimney. They relined my chimney in 2012 and the cement crown was covered by stainless flashing, when roofing contractors came they pointed out that water was “pooling” on the top of the crown. After speaking to Cobourg Hearth and Chimney, Reg. the owner sent crew back and they installed cement or parged crown on top of stainless flashing. The following summer while I was on roof cleaning chimney, I noticed there cement had split into 2 pieces that you could slide off with little effort. Once again I contacted Cobourg Chimney and Hearth with pictures of damaged cement work. Within a week or two Reg. the owner showed up and stated that the cement was not needed and he had no idea why his crew would have installed it as it was not needed.
At this point I chose to discontinue trying to resolve this issue with Reg. as the last thing I needed was an irate contractor doing some makeshift repair while inflicting damage on my new steel roof. I WOULD NOT RECOMMEND COBOURG CHIMNEY AND HEART!

Tom Drummelsmith from BLACKSTOCK
Tom Drummelsmith from BLACKSTOCK
3 reviews Blackstock, ON

geothermal system

Country Hearth installed our geothermal system and have been great very efficient when servicing it on an annual basis. We compared several companies and chose Country Hearth because of their knowledge, their method of explaining the system to a layperson and the overall cost. The salesperson was pleasant, not pushy and explained the grants available and how to apply for them. The system has been problem-free and energy-efficient. They are helpful with any questions we have and answer their messages very quickly.