Sofa World

Judith in St. John's
Judith in St. John's
0 reviews St. John'S, NL

great experience

we had a wonderful experience from start to finish and would recommend this store to friends and family. both sales and delivery exceeded our expectations and their prices were very reasonable

Private User reviews Calgary, AB

Very poor quality product

I waited until my home was child and pet free to buy my leather couch. After shopping in every store in Ottawa over 3 years, I came upon a set I really loved in sofa world. I upgraded the upholstery to leather, was told by the seller it would be 100% leather all over. When it arrived I was disappointed that it was NOT leather all over. I called the manufacturer who told me that the seller was wrong. I chose a custom color and therefore not returnable. After less than 2 years of adult use it started to pill and peel. Leather does not behave this way. I contacted both the manufacturer and Sofa World. NO HELP. So I am left with a TERRIBLE product that I have to replace in less than 3 years. I had cheap floor model sofa from discount stores last 5 times longer. Very disappointed.
Do not buy here.

Rocque in Brossard
Rocque in Brossard
0 reviews Brossard,

Service we received and good made in Canada product

We went to the Sofa world store after searching for a sofa on line and made arrangement with the staff to meet the next day. The Sofa we were looking for did not have the color we were looking for but in our case it was to our advantage. The staff introduce us to a cough they have on display and let us compare with the one we saw on line and the quality was much superior and it even had the color we wanted. We were sold that night and made arrangement to pick it up the following Saturday. When we arrive at the warehouse. The staff took good care of us. He meticulously unwrap the sofa for us to inspected, no pressure and once we were satisfied he re-packed it so it can be loaded in our trailers. This was done in a safe manner. The warehouse individual was very meticulous, courteous and professional. I like to deal with people who care about what they do and it shows. You can give yourself a pat on the back and would encourage other customers to make the effort to tips in kind words those who make the effort of providing us excellent service.

Private User reviews Ottawa, ON

Pull out sofa

I had such a positive experience looking for a sofa bed at Sofa World! I found staff members Jen and Norma to be so helpful! They each took so much time to walk me through the possible options. Over the course of several days they patiently looked into the perfect sofa for me - I am overall really happy with the services.

Catcos
Catcos
1 review Ottawa, ON

had to pay delivery charge twice

My daughter purchased a lovely sofa in August, her first major purchase, which she'd save up for. Unfortunately she was only offered curb-side delivery due to Covid, and when the sofa arrived we couldn't get it into the house. It appeared to be too large for our door frame, no matter how we positioned it. We had no choice but to return the sofa. We were charged a second delivery fee to have the sofa returned, and then were not provided a refund, only credit, despite the fact that the couch was brand new. There were no smaller suitable sofas there so now we have a credit we don't know what to do with. My daughter was heart-broken. I think the prices at Sofa World are very competitive but unfortunately I can't recommend them because of the treatment my daughter received.

Kim in Moncton
Kim in Moncton
1 review Russell, ON

Sofa World = Profit over Customer satisfaction

We've been shopping for just the right Sofa Bed for our cottage for some time. We saw one at the St Laurent Ottawa store that we thought might work, depending on the size. My wife put a deposit on the sofa (which was in stock). We were to get back to Cheryl to let her know if it was the right size.
While the size was right, we realized the colour was too dark and so we called Cheryl 2 weeks later to get a refund of the deposit. She informed us that Sofa World WILL NOT refund. The only option she offered was a credit note. She referred us to the back of the sales order to prove her point. She failed to note that a refund is available (less 25% restocking fee).
If you are unsure about a purchase, DO NOT make a deposit at Sofa World as they are clearly more interested in sales revenue than in customer service and satisfaction.

Hello

We just received notification from HomeStars of your review. We always to our best to work with our customers and we take customer service extremely seriously. After inquiring further into your file, it shows that the store manager at Sofa World St-Laurent has been trying to contact you for multiple days now to issue your $100 deposit refund. We have left a few messages on your voicemail. You might be out of town, in which case please contact us on your return. We hope this reply message reaches you well. Please contact us at your earliest convenience.
Have a great day
Sofa World

Mike Dunn in Toronto
Mike Dunn in Toronto

Very poor after sales delivery service with a satisfactory ending

After having waited over 3 months for our purchase of 3 theatre chairs, we decided to followup with Sofaworld to determine the status. Despite having received no call to advise that the furniture was in and to schedule delivery, the salesperson advised that the furniture had been received. The salesperson booked us for delivery that Thursday and advised of the 3 hour notification window. Late in the afternoon of the scheduled date, we received no call so decided to followup with the store. Rima, the salesperson that we spoke to this time said she would look into it and get back to us. Sure enough, no delivery was scheduled
for that day! So not only were we not advised of the receipt of furniture but they also screwed up the delivery date. No apology was given only a new delivery date.Totally unacceptable. I notified her that I wanted to cancel the complete order for refund. Not a very competent company to deal with or so I felt. Within 10 minutes of expressing my dissatisfaction, the owner called me to discuss. He was quite concerned as this company prides itself in customer satisfaction. After discussing the matter with the Owner I am very impressed with his genuine concerns and willingness to make it right no matter what. That was good enough for me to change my review and rating.

Private User reviews Ottawa, ON

Could not deliver couch undamaged

We purchased a couch in the showroom, and never thought to check the size, and the salesman never mentioned anything either, but when it came time to deliver the couch, it would not fit through the front door.

After much back and forth and promises of the delivery manager coming for the next attempt and not coming as promised, they conivnced my wife to sign a waiver while I was at work and forced it through our basement door causing damage to the couch and door.

Completely unprofessional for a company that specializes in couches to not be able to safely deliver a couch as promised. Do not buy a couch from them unless you are sure it can fit in a standard door.

Hello Sir.
I'm sorry to hear there were challenges during delivery. Considering your user on homestars is private, I wasn’t able to get a name to try and find your invoice information. After looking at the picture you posted, it seems there is a tear in the back of the sofa. I contacted service to see if they had an open service order matching the info you share, but we don’t. We would definitely like to discuss solutions towards that. If you could please contact our service department at 613-837-5957 ext 3, they will be working with you.

LSC in Ottawa
LSC in Ottawa
1 review Ottawa, ON

Two pull-out sofa beds.

Without any previous experience of dealing with Sofa World, I walked into the branch on St. Laurent Blvd. The manager, Cheryl Jones served me personally. Without subjecting me to any pressure, she was very attentive my needs as a customer and well informed about the company's products and options open to me. I was very happy with the quality of both the products themselves and the services offered. Topping the experience at the end, I was served by a very respectful and courteous delivery team. On the basis of this experience, I would have no hesitation in recommending this company.

Nicole in Binbrook
Nicole in Binbrook
2 reviews Embrun, ON

Sales, service and delivery

I highly recommend this company. Excellent sales experience from Norma Saba. Excellent delivery service by Daniel and Robert. They had to carry the sofa to the third floor in hot weather. They were both very helpful, polite and humorous. Exceptional service.

Looking for Furniture pros in Ottawa?