Sofa World

Reviews for Sofa World

LSC in Ottawa
LSC in Ottawa

Two pull-out sofa beds.

Without any previous experience of dealing with Sofa World, I walked into the branch on St. Laurent Blvd. The manager, Cheryl Jones served me personally. Without subjecting me to any pressure, she was very attentive my needs as a customer and well informed about the company's products and options open to me. I was very happy with the quality of both the products themselves and the services offered. Topping the experience at the end, I was served by a very respectful and courteous delivery team. On the basis of this experience, I would have no hesitation in recommending this company.

Nicole in Binbrook
Nicole in Binbrook
2 reviews Embrun, ON

Sales, service and delivery

I highly recommend this company. Excellent sales experience from Norma Saba. Excellent delivery service by Daniel and Robert. They had to carry the sofa to the third floor in hot weather. They were both very helpful, polite and humorous. Exceptional service.

Kayla in
Kayla in
1 review Kingston, ON

Highly recommended

Helpful, patient and friendly customer service right from the beginning, which made my shopping experience easy and enjoyable.
A friend of mine who had previously made a purchase there recommended them to me, and I was not disappointed.

jeff in Ottawa
jeff in Ottawa

happy customer A+

I found this site really helpful for my recent purchases and I wanted to give back to help others. This will be my first post, so hopefully I write down what is important to help others.

The atmosphere at this store isn't like the other stores. They didn't rush me when I came in, they let me breath which was nice.

I took quite a bit of time to make up my mind. I believe I went back 4-5 times. I know I'm not an easy customer to deal with, but even if I dealt with a few different salespeople, they were always very nice and seemed to all care about me finding the right couch for my awkward space. They let me leave with floor plans and different colour swatches which was nice. I was able to plan them out and see what the actual colour would look like in the comfort of my own home. Id recommend for people to do that as most colours actually looked different in my home as apposed to what they looked like in the store.

I ended up picking a custom sectional, which took 11 weeks to come in. When you buy something new, you definitely want in sooner than later, those 11 weeks seemed longer, but in the end it was worth the wait. I didn't have anything to sit on since I moved, but they lent me a couch until mine came in, which I was really grateful for. The delivery personnel were professional and seemed to know what they were doing, although one of them spoke really loud for some reason. I will be going back for my basement furniture once I pay this one off of course :)

Private User reviews Petawawa, ON

Satisfied

Hunt Club location. We searched for awhile and finally settled on a deco rest sofa and ottoman. Ottawa is 1.5 hrs away from us and I tried pricing the exact same sofa closer to home at a few stores. The same model and fabric grade was far more costly at the other stores. Our sales associate was Rima and she was very accommodating and helpful. It took us some time to pick our fabric selections and she was patient and gave us time to keep looking and give us space. We ended up ordering two chairs as well and again, she was very fair in the pricing. Delivery was estimated at approximately 8 weeks for the custom order. Rima called to update us while we waited. Delivery was scheduled around the 8 week mark. The delivery men arrived on time as promised. Shout out to Mario and Anthony who were were very friendly and professional in delivery and set up of my furniture. They were careful with the furniture and my walls/floors. Furniture just delivered today but we are pleased with the appearance. The real quality over short and long term has yet to be determined. An overall positive experience and I would therefore recommend Sofa World and definitely ask for Rima Rizk as your sales associate.

Rana in Toronto
Rana in Toronto

Palliser Product

Purchased a sectional from Sofa world. accidentally after 4 days we were in different store and the difference in price was 1K. went back to Sofa world. The sales quy named Tymour: No worries give me the quote and I will talk to the manager to make you happy. I said I need to cancel. He said no cancellation. He took the quote and called the other store to not deal with us?Not only that discovered that he put s on the purchase leather/bonded and I ordered all leather and charge me for all leather. DO NOT BUY FROM THIS COMPANY

I would like to start by explaining that we have built our name on integrity and customer satisfaction and we are motivated to keep it that way.

Our policies are written on the back of each sales invoice explaining what to expect from Sofa World on various facets of our business. When referring back to price guarantees, Sofa World requires information to ensure that we are comparing apples to apples. The information that was produced by the customer did not have any information on the products and only showed prices.

We always try and please our customers, after a few discussions the customer decided to keep the order and to continue dealing with Sofa World. We are definitely pleased that we were able to come to an understanding.

If anyone requires more information on our policies, please don't hesitate to contact us at info@sofaworld.ca
It will be our pleasure to answer your questions.

Management
Sofa World

happycouch in Ottawa
happycouch in Ottawa

Awesome Delivery Service

I just had the two nicest delivery men, Mario and Milad, work a miracle getting my new couch in my apartment. We had a wide couch and a narrow door and hallway, and anyone else would have probably given up trying to fit the couch in our space, but these guys with their expertise and can-do attitude found a way to make it happen. I am so happy! Thank you so much!

Meghan  from Ottawa
Meghan from Ottawa

Custom Sofa

After having the sweaty delivery men use my washroom and ogle me alone in my house, I was dissatisfied. Now that I've waited over a month for a reimbursement for the deposit I paid on a loaner sofa, Norma has 'accidentally' charged my credit card again. They have told me on more than one occasion that this would never happen and that I've "slipped through the cracks". The manager, Cheryl, told me to trust her, that this is not how they usually work, but now she's claiming that I should be fine with another mistake on my credit card like this. To fix the problem, Cheryl says I need to come down to the store to sign the accidental purchase before they can make any refunds. Should a business not be able to fix their mistake without me taking my time and gas to drive down to their store?

Alnoor from Ottawa
Alnoor from Ottawa
4 reviews Ottawa, ON

Sofabed

We bought a custom Palliser leather sofa from Sofa World with the full understanding that there are no refunds on custom orders. Unfortunately, my wife turns out to be very sensitive to leather and the sofa gave here headaches. We waited a few months but the issue did not resolve. Thankfully the management and customer service worked together to come up with a solution -- Sofa World bought the sofa back from us for a reasonable amount. Given that Sofa World had no obligation to help us, we felt very good about this resolution. Thanks Sofa World!

kellee from Ottawa
kellee from Ottawa
3 reviews Ottawa, ON

Sofa

Was told this place had great selection. There product is garbage. After 6 mths threads were letting go on the the arms and cushions. Called and they took it away to have "cutting specialist" remove threads, what a joke. Came back looking much the same. Now looking to replace only after 4.5 yrs. Poor quality, inexperience staff, and rude management at H.O.

Looking for Furniture pros in Ottawa?