Zancor Homes

Reviews for Zancor Homes

Stu_D in Angus
Stu_D in Angus

New House in Angus

We were very excited to move into our new house last November in Angus, but like any new house we were faced with multiple issues and defects (this is to be expected). Zancor has done a great job responding to our concerns and rectifying most of the issues (there are a few outstanding that they are working on).

I would like to especially thank Ron Boochoon (our site supervisor) for his help throughout this process as he always takes the time to answer any of our questions and follows through with his promises. Ron and his team have addressed many of our concerns in a timely fashion and with a high standard of workmanship.

Our overall interaction with Zancor has been quite good, however I must mention the fact that they decided to sod our lawn during the hottest period of the summer and then proceeded to tell us in an email that our lawn looked dry and that they wouldn't warranty it if it died due to lack of watering. Absolutely ridiculous! That being said, Ron personally spoke with me and even helped me water my lawn one day! This further speaks to Ron's dedication a willingness to provide outstanding customer service.

Socon in Angus
Socon in Angus

New Home - First Time Buyer

Zancor like most companies has had both positive and negative interactions with us since first working with them on our First Home purchase.
This would be expected with most business in regards to a purchase and project of this size and scope.

The positive or negative interactions we have had, are largely based on the person we are directly dealing with at the time. While some were very helpful, others were either incapable or unwilling to go the extra effort for new customers.

Katherine Barry from the design center was helpful in answering all the questions we posed at the center and through our email correspondences.
She was prompt to communicate with us, once a mistake was corrected with the incorrect email address on file.

Our only concern with the design center was that several finish options were on display, that were no longer available when we asked.
These options need to be removed from the display inventory by Zancor when they are no longer available.
There was no substitution or offer of a better rate on another option based on this. It should not be the home purchasers loss that a material is not ordered in large enough quantities.

All parties involved in our 30-Day Tarion Act corrections were prompt to communicate and did a thorough job of follow up that all tasks were completed.
We had no concerns with our submissions being corrected and information being given to us for any questions.
Those included in our process were:
Marcy Fia - (Customer Service - Email for scheduling)
Service Manager Antonella - (Inspection)
Maria Alonzi & Gisella Fiore (Customer Service - Email follow up)

While some contractors simply completed the work without notification. I would like to give a specific positive call out to:
Carmine Gargano from First Canadian Hardwood.

He came into our home to inspect the floors himself due to concerns of installation. He was courteous and friendly, ensuring to have the matter corrected quickly and organizing a mutually beneficial time for the appointment. He answered all questions we had.

Our only major complaint in regards to Zancor's decisions after the initial move in date, was in regards to the new Sod being laid for our lawns.

Zancor did not choose a beneficial time to lay new Sod, choosing the middle of summer, during one of our hottest stretches of weather.
This weather is not conducive to new Sod taking root, and should have been completed in the Fall or Spring.
This caused unnecessary strain on the watering needed to keep the Sod healthy.
This was also then followed up to by a very impolite email to all residents with photos of their grass in bad condition areas, stating again that it is not Zancor's responsibility due to lack of watering.

This was already communicated to residents, and was not needed. Especially when Zancor's only response was to act as though it was a friendly reminder, when it was clearly a legal fall back being sent to all residents to cover their own liability.
Our contact during this matter was:
Mary Lelpo

My final review is very positive feedback in regards to the Site / Project Manager Ron.
Ron has dealt with us on several occasions from our first tour of the structure, to follow up questions after we had moved in.
Ron was always friendly at all times, and was always prepared to review our plans or documents to find the exact answers we needed.

He was helpful with all our questions, and regularly would notify us of upcoming projects or changes that would affect us, if he saw us in person.
Ron consistently delivered on any promises made to us, and had the urgency to deal with all matters brought to him in the same day.
He communicated, and has shown us that his focus is to deliver all his homes to the customer in the same condition he would wish to receive it himself.

He should most definitely continue to be the lead in further and larger Zancor projects. He is a great representative of proper customer service.

Thank you for the review. Unfortunately from time to time materials do become discontinued and reselections are required. We do understand how difficult this may be once colours and selections have been finalized on your dream home but we do make all efforts to either match the colour selections and make this process as easy as possible (when possible). With respect to the grading and sodding without a doubt it is never our intention to do this during the hottest, driest time of the season. Pressure from residents wanting to start enjoying their backyards and have a safe clean community is what forces us to push these tasks. Please keep in mind some residents may have been on site for quite some time. The watering of grass is absolutely key when trying to establish a root systems and the reasons for our constant reminders and letters. Again thank you for this very detailed review it was very helpful in explaining a bunch of the processes.

apop in Woodbridge, Ontario Canada L4L8T2
apop in Woodbridge, Ontario Canada L4L8T2

new house

We moved here in Wasaga Beach in 2015 in the new Trllium home project. The house project was very modern and practical, and the design fantastic The only disappointment was the fact that the in exterior in some areas the siding was combined with the brick We expected a full brick house. as per our choice. We did not have any chance at contract signing, to see how the building will look on each side. The plan was showing only the front building.
After we moved we found small defects, but all of them where corrected by Zancor customer service team They were willing to listen you and address all the problems.
As conclusion I will recomeand this builder to anybody based on professionalism and commitment to customer satisfaction.

Thank you for the review. We apologize about the exterior cladding of your home. Most of our marketing material only represent the front elevations and possibly a bit of the side. I assume this may have been with a bump out or projection from the foundation like our Trillium Model which typically cannot accommodate the installation of a veneer cladding. I will bring this concern forward to our marketing team to see if this can be represented differently in the future. Again thank you for the input.

Private User reviews Innisfil, ON

Exceptional Customer Service - My Home in Innisfil

I recently moved into my home in Innisifil and out of the three homes I’ve purchased, this has been the best experience yet. Despite that this was a resale home, customer service at Zancor went above and beyond to implement all of my additional requests. I want to particularly thank construction and customer service for being so accommodating and more importantly, building my beautiful home. Special thanks to Lindsay and Marcy as well! We corresponded daily :)

We are proud of all our Zancor team members and the job they do. Thank you for the review.

Private User reviews Richmond Hill, ON

Angus

Ron the site supervisor and his team has done a great job at my house @168 brownley lane Angus on. Ron has provided an excellent service and quality of home was great. I recommend other people Zancore Homes. Great service

Private User reviews Richmond Hill, ON

Ron and his team

Ron and his team went above and beyond to make sure our home was ready and comfortable for us. Ron and his team were available to answer all our concerns and questions in a timely and professional manner.

Great team and great work!!

Hoai H in Vaughan
Hoai H in Vaughan

I love my new house!!!

Ron and the team work very well. My family and friends really like the house. They always have great customer service. I really love my home style and the job they did.

Thank you for taking the time to write up this review.

Nanthie in ??????????
Nanthie in ??????????

Ron and his team

Ron, the project supervisor and his team are one of the most professional people I have met. During our walk through Ron was very thorough and provided ample details about our home. Ron and his team ensured his clients were content and all questions were answered. We felt confident that our home was built by knowledeable tradesmen and we continue to be amazed by how approachable Ron still is, even after the home closed. Thanks for a positive experience!
Nanthie

Thank you for the very kind review.

Ihor in Richmond Hill
Ihor in Richmond Hill
1 review Innisfil, ON

New Home in Innisfil

This is our fourth brand new home and first with Zanor Homes and Zancor exceeded our expectations from start to finish. During PDI we didn’t find even one serious problem, just few spots that need paint touch up. The entire process from sales to move in has been great. Many thanks to Katherine Barry at the decor centre for professional advices, great customer service and patience during selection of upgrades. On the final stage of construction many thanks to Lindsay Cleary for her excellent customer service, professionalism and superlative skills. She always paying attention to things that needed to be done. We are very pleased with the final outcome.

Justin L in Angus
Justin L in Angus
1 review Angus, ON

New home build (Pine River Angus)

This was my first new build home and it was stress free! Ron and his crew were awesome! Everything got completed and even the smallest issues were dealt with quick and professionaly. Ron was always available to take a call and always returned calls and kept me in the loop with everything. Mary was also super professional and organized with everything. Honestly it felt like I was dealing with friends rather then a builder during the entire process from the PDI, taking possession and as well with the 30 day. The trades were also very professional amd did a great job. I highly recommend these guys. Fantastic job!!!

More about Zancor Homes

At Zancor Homes, we understand a neighbourhood is only as strong as the people who live there, and it is their passion for a community that makes it thrive. We believe in setting the bar for customer service. From top management to our front line service personnel, each one of ...