Purely Canadian Movers Inc.

Formerly Purely Canadian Movers Inc/North American Van Lines Canada
Moving & Storage
16-91 Golden Drive Coquitlam BC V3K 6T1
HomeStars  >  Moving & Storage in Richmond  >  Purely Canadian Movers Inc.

Reviews for Purely Canadian Movers Inc.

DHopkins in New Westminster
DHopkins in New Westminster
1 review New Westminster, BC

Efficient and kind

These movers were fast, efficient and thorough. I moved three and a half hours away and they were very accommodating. I would recommend them to anyone who is moving cities from their household or business.

Gotguts in Langley
Gotguts in Langley
1 review Langley, BC

House downsize move

we used them coming from Penticton and easily chose them again. they were able to arrange all the tricky details we needed. they seemed to have it worked out to a science and divided themselves accordingly. They work so hard we were impressed at their strength. Wow! The fellow who worked upstairs with us in the new condo/suite/apartment was so patient with us. He put together two difficult beds for us and we thank him especially for that. For all the men we give a big thank you to you all.

Alexa in Vancouver
Alexa in Vancouver
1 review Vancouver, BC

Fantastic customer service

This is my second time using the service and Shawn Drdul with the company has given superb attention and makes moving easy :)

Moved initially from Vancouver to Montreal.

Now Ottawa to Vancouver.

BramfieldMum
BramfieldMum
1 review Richmond, BC

Moving

I hired Purely Canadian Movers to move us down the block in June. They sent 4 guys - Greg, Vinnie, Geordie & Aaron - who worked incredibly hard. They were very careful with our furniture and with the newly painted walls in our new home. Not a scratch.

Our move included a piano and a trampoline. They managed to put the trampoline over the roof of the garage and get in the truck, then had to carry it down the alley to our new house, since their truck couldn't turn the corner into the alley.

They came in very close to the estimate, about 1 hour over, which I can't complain about. They worked really hard and took very few breaks. I wouldn't hesitate to use them again and would recommend them to friends.

Peter Goudreau from Maple Ridge
Peter Goudreau from Maple Ridge
1 review Maple Ridge, BC

Mover

I wish there was a "no star" rating. 14 items were damaged, some significantly during a recent move, including a flat screen TV, chest freezer and patio table. This has been the worst moving experience in my life! I cannot believe how reckless and careless some of the crew was with my family's belongings. Nobody was in charge during the move they are a nightmare to deal with while trying to repair the damage. BEWARE OF THIS COMPANY!!!!!!!

There were a few minor claims, it happens sometimes. We do 150 - 200 moves per month. The difference between us and other moving companies is that we take care of the claims. We have fixed most of the items but have been trying to pick up the last couple items, but the client has not been available. We will fix the last couple items once we can get our hands on them. We have been in touch with the client almost daily. There is no need for this unprofessional and out of line review. Other companies would of been slower in fixing them or not of even did anything at all.
We are one of the best movers in the city with at least 2000 moves per year, accidents happen rarely but we do take care of it.
Here is a site with reviews:

Mike from Port Moody
Mike from Port Moody
1 review Merritt, BC

Long and short-distance moves

I've dealt with them a few times and I have always been pleased. There was a long-distance move and some short-distance ones altogether, and every single time has been great.

Recently, they helped me out (this is what prompted me to finally write a review, because I'm so appreciative) and the owner Shawn personally took an interest in assisting me. It didn't get him any money and it used up his time, but he did it anyway.

Really, with all of the shady and disreputable moving companies out there, it is in your best interest to at the very least check these guys out. They're awesome!

Stephanie
Stephanie
1 review Ottawa, ON

local move

The worst moving experience. North American Van LInes should be ashamed to have their name associated with this company.

So many things were damaged, we had water damage in the plastic frog boxes, dining room tables, coffee tables, glass, metal, lamps. All damaged or destroyed.
I had asked for extra insurance, but because of poor employees training on paperwork we were denied the added insurance.

They wanted to be paid by cash to save the tax.

Office policy on customer service is a waiting game. Only after 88 days and a claim to the BBB did I get some action. There was repairs made to some of the items and then they offered $100.00 to buy me off.

BBB has them rated with A+ which is insane. 11 claims in 3 years.
NOT RECOMMENDED - NOT A GOOD COMPANY

More about Purely Canadian Movers Inc.

PURELY CANADIAN IS PROUD TO BE ON HOME STARS , AND WITH 2 DECADES OF MOVING UNDER OUR BELTS WE ARE PROUD OF OUR SERVICE, S WE HAVE PROVIDED TO OUR CUSTOMERS , SOME OF WHICH ARE LANGE INTERIORS, PNE PRIZE HOME , DIRECT BUY, AND FUTURE SHOP, WE PROVIDE ...