Tartan Homes Corp

Home owner in Toronto
Home owner in Toronto
1 review Ottawa, ON

Worst customer service experience

At the beginning with Sales the communication was great, the way they are presenting everything looks nice and friendly, then the real face appear after that, I found the worst customer service you can get from any builder, the way is toooo rude and lots of excuses to not fix the stuff that have been reported in 30 days report and they were pushing it back to the annual maintenance but again they came after that saying that they won't be fixing them.
Cracks, painting and even water leaking my neighbour informed me too that he has leaking for 4 months now and they haven't did anything against that, just giving excuses and putting him in queue till they his issue fixed.
If you are looking for a home, please my advice go find a reputable builder to do the job for you.
WORST CUSTOMER SERVICE

After Sale service is bad

It took almost two years unresolved a small issue, not done so far.
so many reasons to delay fix. no contractor show as promised schedule.
They are so nice for sale, but Very disappointed for the customer service department.

Private User reviews Ottawa, ON

The Worst After Sale Customer Service EVER!

I like my Tartan Home, I think they sell a pretty reasonable product, given it is tract housing, but their after sale service is extremely stressful. The staff are VERY rude, hold all the cards, and as a homeowner I have no course of action but to hear a Tartan employee yell at me. 18 months after sale and "pre-inspection list" is still not done. My 30 day list is not completed, but I would MUCH rather pay to have all work completed by someone else than to have to interact with a Tartan after sale "customer sales" person. This has been the worst experience.

Private User reviews Ottawa, ON

Worst experience with the worst worst customer service

The worst experience ever, If there's rating with negative I would choose, The worst post-closing customer service experience, If you don't believe what I'm saying and don't believe what others were writing I don't mind to post pics of how is the worst quality ever and worst customer service experience.
I'll post everywhere my reviews and pics showing how's the worst experience I have ever got.

If you would live for 6 months waiting for them to fix stuff of 30 days reports then good luck for you dealing with them.

"If you are okay with hearing things like "it's within tolerance", "it's up to code", "it's acceptable", "it's within spec", "it's not what Tarion says" "it's not visible from four feet away" etc, etc...or if you don't particularly care about attention to detail, then you might be happy with a Tartan home. If, on the other hand, you have a bit of a higher expectation from a builder, then you might want to consider looking elsewhere. In my view, the price premium is not justified. "

New home Highbury park

Horrible after sales service, cheap materials highly priced and issues appeared after the first 2 years immediately and no one care from the company, the water penetrated the roof the first week after the first two years and the answered in a very tough tone the warranty expired

Private User reviews Russell, ON

New Home in Russell

Looking for a builder?? Keep looking!!
Lots of issues and the worst service I have ever seen. Service department and Tartan repair team have no clue! They are rude and unresponsive to customer concerns. Yes from the outside appearance theyou build beautiful homes but look at little closer, roof had 18 hours of repair during first year. Lots of issues with few resolved. Know your warranty before you buy!!!!!

Poor service post sale

There were many deficiencies around the house that had to be resolved. The main ones we found are that the plastic siding makes a lot of noise when its windy (still unresolved), and uneven ceilings that are very visible at any light from 2 meters +. There were a lot of other small issues that were resolved, however the ceilings have been worked on at least 4 times without much improvement. There were also a lot of excuses made by the builder saying they don't have to fix it that its only a "convenience". Very rude workers were sent over and they show up whenever they want not at the time scheduled, so good luck if you're at work. Wouldn't buy a home again from this builder, they are so nice to you until they get your money.

Maged in Ottawa
Maged in Ottawa
2 reviews Ottawa, ON

Very poor after sale service

I bought a white cedar house , after only couple of years on a rainy day water penetrate the roof directly into my bedroom due to cheap building materials and missing isolation for roof, when I contacted them they answer very rude and the did not give a damn, it is only one word , your 2 year warranty expired, 2 years mean 2 rainy season only and you will discover how cheap materials they used and you have to pay for repairing a house of 2 years age only, really furstrated

Jon from Ottawa
Jon from Ottawa
1 review Ottawa, ON

New Home

If you're looking for a home builder that provides clear communication, great follow thru, and stands by it's word... then look somewhere else. Here are some of the highlights: Our buying experience was horrible, they quoted us for our hardwood 3 times and each time it was different and not by a small margin by almost 10k! They took no blame and no accountability. When we moved in we found the trades to be fantastic, but only if they actually showed up, they would schedule multiple trades, we would book a day off work to be home... and then nobody would show? Again did they apologize? Nope. When we finally decided to just get a refund for upgrades that were not completed, how long did it take? We're at 3 months an counting... When i brought this up to their apparently GM, Ian, he wrote us a letter saying it was all made up and that this would never happen. I guess he doesn't think the emails i have are proof enough? AVOID at all costs! You will regret your experience!!! Our entire neighborhood has had the same issues and again no accountability.

Tartan Homes

Good company, easy to work with, everyone tries to do their best, I recommend the company to anyone looking for purchase a new home. Lots of styles and selections, colours.

More about Tartan Homes Corp

Founded by Wes Nicol in 1966, Tartan rapidly became an Ottawa leader in community development and home construction. The company’s first projects, The Faircrest and The Highlands, are still regarded as the region’s most successful apartment dwelling developments. It was followed by the company’s leadership in turning Barrhaven into one ...
Looking for Builders pros in Ottawa?