Appleby Moving & Storage Ltd

S in Edmonton
S in Edmonton
1 review Burlington, ON

Great Movers!

The movers were hard-working, efficient, friendly, and polite (even despite the hot and sticky weather on the day of our move!). They took care in handling our belongings and made sure things got to the right place at the move destination. This is the third time we've used Appleby movers and it was great as always! Thanks to you and all of your staff for such a positive experience.

Private User reviews Burlington, ON

Moving from one city to another.

The movers were prompt, friendly and extremely efficient. If they had any questions at all, they weren't afraid to ask, which kept things moving along very well. Nothing was broken or out of place. The men were very respectful of the property and the clients. All in all, a very positive experience. I would recommend this company without hesitation.

Kat in Burlington
Kat in Burlington
0 reviews Burlington, ON

Moving Review

I needed to get a mover booked in less than 30 days and wanted to go "local" - Mississauga to Burlington. I checked with 3 different companies and this was the best quote - I also wanted to use someone local and close to my new home as I had to store the contents on the truck for 2 days. Jeff and Chloe were very responsive, stayed in touch and the final amount was not too much over the quote (not bad considering we did everything over the phone and via internet w/pictures and it was a busy move season). On the move out, there were supposed to be 3 movers, but apparently one bailed. That did not affect the good quality of the service of those that remained, except to extend the move time (and it was a stinky hot day).

On the move in, there were 3 movers, and it was completed in a timely fashion, again on a hot, humid day. One item was broken and I was told about it immediately. Am in the process of discussing the possibility of replacement.

The movers were polite, friendly, kept me informed, listened and were responsive if I had a comment or question. They went through the invoice with me in detail. Every piece furniture was well taken care of. I did my own packing and unpacking of boxes but was confident in how they handled all my fragile items. It was also good to have the same 2 gents from the move out also on the move in, and they instructed the 3rd gent when needed (he listened well).

All in all, I was very satisfied with how Jeff and Chloe handled my business. The only thing I would have liked that was not done was a heads up call that they were "on their way", but that is not a deal breaker.

I would recommend this company. Thanks!

Thanks Kat, appreciate the review:)

Designlife in Toronto
Designlife in Toronto

missing items,

We booked this company after a great initial meeting with Jeff the owner. On moving day the truck that showed up would not fit under the cable lines. We had no issue with our move into the home so this should not have been an issue with this one given the owner did a site visit to quote. One hour later a second one truck arrived also not fitting into our driveway. The movers then had to carry our things from the house down the long driveway onto the trucks on the road. 8 long hours later the trucks were loaded with our entire house....or so we thought. The movers disappeared for an hour and a half, then showed up with coffees and had a 20 minute break chain smoking. The movers were not able to finish and left with our truck the next day to finish. We had over 100 cigarette butts thrown onto our lawn, empty coffee cups left everywhere and one young mover made a racial remark with regards to a friend that showed up to help. The second truck was emptied the next day and we went back to our old home to do what we thought would be a final clean to be shocked there were still things in bedrooms, the basement and the garage. We did over 10 trips with SUV’s and friends help but were not able to complete this. We had to use the garage to store the overflow and strange with the new tenant to leave our possessions inside until A third truck could pick up our things. Our sons Gucci watch Is missing from one of the movers and we have had no communication back after over 7 email attempts that have all been documented. We had a basketball and punching bag that was disassembled and bolts now missing. This was the worst experience and I would not recommend anyone to use this unprofessional company.

Erna
Erna

Amazing moving company that goes above and beyond!

Jeff and the crew came to our rescue last minute after another 5 star rated company refused to insure my expensive office furniture. Price was $800 cheaper, and the guys took such great care of every piece. These guys are work horses, offer great advise on furniture placement and made such an emotional and stressful time so much fun. Walter you have such a great sense of humour and Rich thanks for installing my washer and dryer - that was not part of our contract but I can’t thank you enough. This was a long distance move to a location 3 hours away. These guys took small breaks and stopped briefly for supper when I bought pizza. Did I mention how hard they work. I can’t say enough great things about every one from the owner to every crew member.

Thanks so much for your kind words ! It was our pleasure. Hope the new place is shaping up and have a great holiday:)
Jeff&Chloe

Madden Family in Hamilton
Madden Family in Hamilton
1 review Hamilton, ON

Outstanding

I highly recommend Appleby moving. From day one they were there to help us. taking our calls, giving us a reasonable quote and answering our questions right away. The day of the move the crew showed up on time and communicated with us. They really listened and made sure we were all on the same page. They worked very hard all day and were extremely professional and pleasant all through their long day. Everything got done without a glitch and not a scratch!!!! We are extremely impressed with those guys. Only good things to say about this business. Thank you so much for making that stressful day easy for us .

Thanks so much guys! It was a pleasure doing the work for your family.
Jeff

Sharon
Sharon
1 review Burlington, ON

Moving

Great Job. Crew was fast and courteous. Would recommend!! The estimate was on bang on and the company was easy to deal with. I even had to change my move date and it was no problem for Appleby!

Private User reviews Salford, ON

Buyer BEWARE

Jeff talks a good talk. I would have gladly paid double to deal with a more professional, trustworthy company. But who knew until it was too late!!

I hired Appleby Moving & Storage to do a move and store a 4 bedroom house worth of furniture. 80% of the wood furniture was damaged. He offered to send someone to come to my house to repair, although the man was nice enough, items were not repaired well. Some items were completely broken and even my car got scratched! yes, you read that correctly. After weeks of arguing and very uncomfortable conversations and not getting a reply, I had to really pressure Jeff by calling and emailing a lot. But, once I got my lawyer involved, Jeff agreed to a cash settlement. I probably should have gone to court and had some furniture replaced instead of the terrible repair work.

Although the cash amount was not quite high enough, I decided to take it only to be rid of Jeff yelling at me "oh, that's an easy repair" "Oh that's nothing, I can fix that and you'd never know "Oh that isn't even that bad of a damage " Good thing I took photos and video of all the incidents at the time of my move. Although he tried to argue they didn't damage things and scratch my car, once I produced the videos and photos, his tune changed. He got very angry and was completely unprofessional. I understand the car was not scratched on purpose, I was only looking for compensation for all the damage they caused. I did have their insurance which I purchased, but it did me no good in the end.

Live and learn. I should have researched on Homestars first. I was trying to save a buck and they seemed very reasonable in price. Boy, was I fooled!

BUYER BEWARE.

Hello Judy,

Your claim was submitted to us with pictures on February 8th. We responded on Feb. 15 to set up a time to go out to look at your items on February 16. I emailed my furniture refinisher on February 17 so he could set up an appointment with you. He went out to see you the following week as I received his invoice on February 24. I responded to your emails on Feb 28, March 3, March 6th and finally a resolution email regarding the $550.00 I sent you to cover the broken IKEA floor lamp, which we do not cover floor lamps but I did for you in good faith. Also it was to cover your IKEA filing cabinet, which also states on the BOL that we don't cover IKEA furniture items unless they are dismantled-also in good faith. Unfortunately the cheap nature of IKEA furniture does not stand up well to moving-even within a house, let alone moving, which is why we cannot cover it in a move. The balance was for the small scratch in your car mirror, which your dealer buffed out for free and the wood items which you were not happy with the repair. I'm honestly not sure what else I could have done in terms of contacting you more. UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCES DID I SPEAK TO A LAWYER OR HEAR FROM ONE, EITHER ON THE PHONE OR IN WRITING. I ALSO DID NOT ONCE TELL YOU WE DENIED RESPONSIBILITY FOR THE CLAIM. I'm sorry the insurance doesn't cover pain and suffering as you suggested it should. At no time did I yell at you, but had to raised my voice as you were talking over me, and I couldn't respond to anything you were saying. Your items were either repaired or cash settled. As Appleby strives to make our customers happy, we in good faith reimburse items which we could normally decline. It is unfortunate you were still unhappy despite being compensated. Hopefully this will let our customers know, sometimes accidents happen, but it is how we compensate our clients that count. 30 days from claim start to finish is exemplary.

Patrick in Peterborough
Patrick in Peterborough
1 review Peterborough, ON

Moving

While the move from our house into storage went extremely well, the storage itself was a disaster. When our belongings were delivered, three items were missing (our lawnmower, a bed and a loveseat). The loveseat was kept by Appleby because it was damaged. It took three months for them to deliver it. They fixed it but very poorly. They blamed it on sun damage though I assured them that the loveseat had never been in the sun. A matching couch was also damaged, a teak table scratched, a leg on a chair smashed and a compressor damaged.

Hi Patrick,

I'm sorry you were unsatisfied with your move. We did fix the teak table, the leg on a chair and the couches. I'm unsure why this was not mentioned in the posting. When I personally delivered the one sofa to you, I had to show you where the original damage was done. It was news to me that you were not happy with the one sofa repair. For the table and chair leg, we sent out Restwell Upholstery to fix the damage right away and when speaking to your wife, she told me they did a very good job. The sofa took a little longer because it was here in Burlington and getting it out to Peterborough took a little longer due to the distance. Also, this is the first time hearing about a compressor? We were in constant contact with you over those 3 months and as I recall your home wasn't complete when we moved you in. We strive to make everyone's move stressless and easy. If something goes wrong we fix it as we did in this case based on the knowledge we had.

Looking for Moving & Storage pros in Burlington?