Weed Man - Alberta

Reviews for Weed Man - Alberta

A.R in Calgary
A.R in Calgary

Worst weed control ever

This company is terrible. They don’t spray for weeds along side the house, they missed doing the front yard and we’ve never had more weeds than ever before. Not impressed with any of their doings as of yet.

ADMINISTRATIVE NIGHTMARE!!!!

DO NOT USE THESE GUYS UNLESS YOU WANT TO GET SCREWED OVER ON YOUR BILL BY PEOPLE WHO DON'T KNOW HOW TO DO THEIR JOBS!!!

Although their treatment service is OK, the people who run their office are absolute INCOMPETENTS!!! I had them come to my place of residence one year and asked for one years' service - no continuation - even though their contract says their service is continuous from year to year. They came for the one year and stopped. I had them do my rental property under the same premise, and they continued to come the following year. I received 4 phone calls from them telling me they coming by, and 4 times I told them to stop, and they continued to come. After inquiry, there were NO NOTES IN THE FILE saying I wanted them to stop, neither when I signed them up nor when I repeatedly told them. They wanted to charge me a full years' treatment, and although I was will to pay for the first treatment given an "understandable" & potential miscommunication, they will only reduce my bill 50%. Even though I'm paying less than I should, it's absolutely ridiculous that I'm paying anything at all.

Incidentally enough, CBC News reported that the Ontario government investigated Weed Man for bad business practices - see here:

Guess they didn't pass the message along

Operations service: 4/5, Customer Service: negative 10/5

STAY AWAY FROM THIS COMPANY!!!!!!!

Reaper4340's in Calgary
Reaper4340's in Calgary

Great results!

I moved into an established home in August 2014. The next summer I was embarrassed and appalled at the condition of the lawn, and the dandelions! So I rolled up my sleeves and decided to attack head on. I used many over the counter sprays. I added seed with weed control. I watered. We did this to the front and back. The back was in even worse condition than the front. A field of yellow. The next summer was worse. We aerated, fertilized, and used sprays diligently. Nothing. We even plucked all the dandelion heads off as they came up. Meanwhile, I have seen several lawns on our street with "weedman" signs on them, and the lawns looked great. I read reviews and they were less than stellar. So I spoke personally with the homeowners who were using them and they were all happy. I threw in the white towel and gave them a call for the 2017 season. We are beyond happy! First treatment took a bit to show signs of working, but the invoice said give it a minimum two weeks so we did. After mowing it became more and more apparent the weeds were going. As promised they returned for a second treatment. By this time, there were a few obvious weeds, but only a handful (keep in mind how horrible it was when we started). So they returned for a third weed treatment without me even asking them to. Now I cannot find a single weed and the lawn looks outstanding! Best money spent!

Donna in Calgary
Donna in Calgary

Weed control

I had them come last year for weed control. I paid up front and told them not to do any additional services other than what I paid for , but then I got billed at the end of August for $55.00 saying that they had sprayed on a specific date in August. That was bit true as I was home that day taking care of my grandchildren and nobody came by. if they had come by, they would have sprayed all the toys, the pool, etc. so their employee in fact did not come by. They have now sent me to a collection agency as I refused to pay for it. I will not use them again nor will I recommend them.

Please contact the Calgary Franchise as my office is in Ontario to resolve your concern.

lawn service

I've been using weed man for 10 plus years. very satisfied. When I've called with concerns, they have been addressed in a timely manor. i have a number of my neighbors using them now.
Jim W

Morgan from Edmonton
Morgan from Edmonton
1 review Edmonton, AB

Lawn care, weed control

I was promised summer weed control with unlimited service calls. I was told if I saw weeds after the treatment to call and they would return. 1 week after first treatment there were still weeds. I called Monday asking for another treatment. I was told it would be done at the end of the week but to continue mowing the weeds to stop from spreading. No one showed Friday so I called. They told me they would be there Saturday between 7 Am and 9 am. No one showed. I called again and received a call back with a voicemail stating they would be there Monday. I called them immediately back and said this is unacceptable. I left 7 voicemails and 1 email and no answer. What a horrible service. When they decide to answer their phone I will be demanding a refund.

Holden Lau from Calgary
Holden Lau from Calgary

season long weed Control

It is the worst weed control ever, I called them in for killing weeds last month. And I got 3 treatments already,and yet till now the weeds are still growing as if they were never treated. This morning the technician only came by the door and left the bill in my mail box, he didn't even Work! I asked the company how long did that technician stayed at my Lawn and the answer is 5 mins, forget to mention that I have a fairly large Lawn!(I strongly suspect that the technician was only here to drop off the invoice) Don't recommend this company at all! They only know how to is to collect money without even working.

Tracey Taylor from Edmonton
Tracey Taylor from Edmonton
6 reviews Edmonton, AB

lawn maintenance

I hired Weedman about 6 years ago after being tired of losing my husband to dandelion patrol every summer. They said that they would kill our weeds and they have done exactly that. Not only are the weeds gone, our lawn is greener and more lush than ever.
We like that they call the day before they come (then we can make sure the dog is in the house). They are so fast, that I went out once and checked the lawn to see if there was actually seed there when we got them to over seed - it was there!
Only complaint is that we have to mow the lawn more often!

Jennifer Nolan in Edmonton
Jennifer Nolan in Edmonton
7 reviews EDMONTON, AB

Fertilize Lawn and kill weeds

I recently hired Weedman because our lawn was being overrun with thistles. When I called the woman explained everything to me and had plenty of time to answer my questions. The technician has only been out once so far and ALL of the horrid thistles are gone but the grass in both out front an back yards is Beautiful! Green and weed less. I am thrilled with the results!

Joanne Maughn in Edmonton
Joanne Maughn in Edmonton
13 reviews Edmonton, AB

Lawn care

We have used these guys for air rating our lawn for the last couple of years and it has always been a professional job. The price is right and the job is done quickly and the results are always amazing. I will continue to use them in the future.