Stein Appliance Service Inc

Notimeforthatshift in Brighton
Notimeforthatshift in Brighton
1 review Brighton, ON

Samsung stove and dishwasher

They are the only repair company my warranty deals with and I have had nothing but BAD experiences! Stove and dishwasher

First appt I booked the morning off work as they told me I would be the second appt of the day “around 10am” is what the guy told me and they already knew what the issue was, as it was a known problem with my stove. 10 am nothing. Noon..nothing. 1 pm....nothing. I called and canceled as I had to go to work.

2nd appt. I get a call 15 mins before the quoted time, the tech hurt his back at his last call and won’t be able to make it. No other techs to send. Great!

3rd appt (asked my mom to come out as I can’t take time off when they are so unreliable) tech show up! :0 replaces said part and looks at my dishwasher and says there’s nothing wrong with it (except it leaks water!!!!!) :/

4th appt ...to come look at dishwasher as I have video proof. And repaired stove still gives me error code (photo proof time and date stamped)....no show.

I call and tell them I can’t play this game anymore and I will call back to book when I’m on holidays. I call back a couple weeks later and my warranty service ticket was cancelled. Had to call warranty company and they were very helpful.
Haven’t called stein since but I really have to now. Just thought I’d leave my 2 cents!

If I had to pay for the service I would NEVER choose them.

Ram in San Francisco
Ram in San Francisco
1 review Ottawa, ON

KitchenAid Dishwasher Water Leakage Issue

My dishwasher was leaking water onto kitchen floor. I called Stein as they are the authorized service provided for Kitchen aid. The service technician came, and he did not even open the dishwasher to find out the reason for the leakage. He turned on the dishwasher and saw the water leaking onto the floor and right away said, the sump and motor needs to be replaced. It took just 5 minutes for him to conclude that sump and motor needs to be replaced.
I told him that the motor is running fine and how does he know the sump is the issue and not any thing else is the cause for the leakage. He said, sump leakage is the common issue and it does not come as a separate part, so, both sump and motor need to be replaced. As they are the experts, I trusted his judgement. He said, the service center will call me with the cost to replace the sump and motor.
The service center called me after a week and told me it is going to cost $450 to replace the sump and motor. I have called KitchenAid to understand why it would cost so much to repair when we can buy a new dishwasher for $500. They reviewed the work order of Stein appliance service and said the same thing Stein appliance has told me. Instead of helping to reduce the cost of service, they have started selling a new dishwasher to me at a discounted price because I am a loyal customer.
I decided to replace the dishwasher instead of repairing it. The story does not end here…
I got new Bosch dishwasher at Canadian Appliance Store for $710. My neighbor is a very handy man. He came to help me to install the new dishwasher. We pulled out the old Kitchen Aid dishwasher. To our dismay, we found out the pipe that drains the water from the dishwasher was somehow got disconnected. It was not connected at all! There was nothing wrong with the sump and motor.
Unfortunately, I could not return the new dishwasher because they have 25% restocking fee. Now, I ended up with having two dishwashers at home.
I feel that Appliance Repair Service centers and manufacturers are like a hand and glove holding a hammer. You can guess know who the nail is right? CONSUMER!