Smitty's New & Used Appliances Ltd

Appliance Retailers
RR 1 Corbyville ON
HomeStars  >  Appliance Retailers in Belleville  >  Smitty's New & Used Appliances Ltd

Reviews for Smitty's New & Used Appliances Ltd

Happy Local in Prince Edward
Happy Local in Prince Edward
1 review Carrying Place, ON

Great product at a great price

My wife and I love our fridge when we look at other appliances we will shop around for price and end up at Smittys because I think he will have the best price and same day delivery. When I needed the filter for it I called and he has it in stock.

1 review Brighton, ON

new and used appliances

First I must say that it is my fault for believing a slick talking salesperson.
Smitty comes across as a knowledgeable appliance dealer, he sold us a refrigerator that he claimed was about 5 years old. Then a new stove he said was the last of a line and he could not get another so if we liked it we should buy and he would give us a reduced price. We also bought a used fridge as a bar fridge. The stove was delivered and we noticed that the back right corner was damaged but the damage would be hidden by the backsplash on our counter top. Did not complain because my wife really liked the stove and we thought there would be no replacement. Then we found more damage to the bottom drawer runners, very hard to make serviceable drawer is still crooked. When we found the exact stove for sale at another well known appliance dealer for $200.00 less money decided to check out the other stories the fridge we found out was over 15 years old. BUYER BEWARE OF SMITTY.

Guy in Havelock in Peterborough
Guy in Havelock in Peterborough
1 review Havelock, ON

Fridge and stove

I purchased a fridge and range from Smitty's and was very pleased with the product and the friendly service.I needed them for a rental and they were delivered and checked the same day.The price was very competitive.I'm now in the market for a deep freezer and am going back.

Guy Incognito in Tweed
Guy Incognito in Tweed
1 review ROSLIN, ON

New and used appliances (washer, dryer, dishwasher, and stove).

Good deals on good appliances. Good warranty on products. Abrasive and off-putting salesman. I don't know if he's bigoted like Patty said, but you would never hire him to do PR work, unless you wanted your organization destroyed. I suspected it might be a ham-handed attempt at the "you're-not-good-enough-for-this-product" approach to sales (which is a stupid approach, in my opinion). It was enough to make me think about walking out of there. The machines, however, were high quality for a good price and warranty, and I needed them. The machines saved the deal, otherwise I would have left.

Patty in Toronto
Patty in Toronto

Fridge and Stove

My mother and father recently went to purchase a fridge and stove in Smitty's appliance. My parents are Italian Canadian retirees and have sold their house in Toronto to live out their retirement in the country. Since they were trying to keep local they decided to give Smitty's a try.

They really only needed a fridge but were willing to buy a fridge and stove so that they could match. No prices were on any of the items so my parents were curious to see if there was an opportunity for a deal he said "I can tell by your accents that you were going to be those kinds of people". He proceeded to berate my father and his heritage and said "if Leon's or Sears or The Brick goes down I will still be here in 40 years".

It's also a small town where others have noticed his frugality extends to some terrible tipping in the neighborhood. This may be petty but you are fair game when you basically called my parents cheap when they were inquiring about pricing.

FYI - Owner & Proprieter of Smitty's - I really hope that your practice at bigotry and rudeness prepare you for a really rough ride during these rough economic times when my parents were willing to spend money to be local. Furthermore - I will be more than happy to share this complaint to other ethnic communities in the neighborhood - my English is perfect and so is my understanding of whether racism will impact your business.

Yours,