Leon's Furniture

Joanne Lamont from Oshawa
Joanne Lamont from Oshawa
2 reviews Oshawa, ON

couch and appliances

I bought a leather couch..turned out it wasnt leather at all and it broke peeled etc etc..Leons told me to bad manafacturer went out of business!! and they didnt tell me the truth! paid $1500 for plastic couch :/
I also bought a stove and dishwasher..dishwasher worked for 2 months (wasn't cheap $800.) I have been waiting for 2 months now for the parts from frigidaire DO NOT BUY FRIGIDAIRE!!! I am so unhappy with Leons..they do not stand behind their products at all the girl told me on the phone ( customer service rep.) Now I will contact better business beaureau! thx

Patricia from Saint Thomas
Patricia from Saint Thomas
1 review Saint Thomas, ON

service

Leons is a waste of time,when you sign and hand over the cask they are on the ball,but when it comes to repairs they are hopeless,they do not stand behind their products,I waited 3 months for a replacement consul for my sectional,then the color faded on another part even though the couch was only 2 months old,waited again over a month for technician he went back ordered a replacement part and 4 months later still waiting, now being told its shipped out and will take another month, staff member Jessie at my London location didn't have the courtesy or manners to call me back on update like I requested I had to chase them, bad bad business dealings, wont shop at Leons again,

Mindy, Toronto
Mindy, Toronto
12 reviews Etobicoke, ON

New Kitchen Appliances

I needed all new kitchen appliances: fridge, stove, dishwasher and microwave/hood. After checking out a number of competitors Leon's was where I purchased from. The sales rep was extremely knowledgeable and did not pressure me at all.

Joe from Toronto
Joe from Toronto
2 reviews Aurora, ON

Sofa

Recently I stopped into Leon's to look for a sofa. They had a great selection especially with condo sized sofas. I was impressed by the styles they carried-very contemporary and the service was fantastic.

Zack in Harbourfront
Zack in Harbourfront
2 reviews ,

Sectional sofa

My wife and I purchased a couch from the Richmond Hill store in May 2006, which we received on May 27 2006. Less than one year later, we required a Leon's furniture technician to come in (several times) to fix the legs of the couch as the wood supporting them had completely bent. Less than one year since that repair the same issue occurred, with the bent wood and tilting legs. The technician clearly did not fix the problem, but merely used a band-aid solution to whatever the fault was.

We called Leon's a few days later to send us another technician to fix the problem properly, once and for all, and we were told that a technician would be sent shortly to repair the couch, and that if he deemed it unrepairable, the couch would be replaced. We were subsequently told by the Manager of the Richmond Hill location that if we want another service call it will not be through Leon's and that we'll have to pay for it ourselves.

This is completely unacceptable for several reasons. The first is that we were told that our couch is no longer under warranty; however, nowhere on our receipt does it say what the warranty of our couch is. It simply reads: "although some furniture manufacturers do not offer a written or timed warranty, Leon's would like you to be satisfied with your purchase. If problems do occur, please do not hesitate to call our service dept so that we can be of assistance."

The manager replied to the warranty statement by saying, "I know that there is one year manufacturer's warranty. All the sales people know that." Clearly you can understand our frustration. Nowehere on our bill of laden nor on our receipt does it say anything about a one-year limit on the warranty.

The receipt statement clearly reads: "You don't just buy furniture; you buy peace of mind." Yeah, not so much.