Abacus Landscaping Ltd

Abacus Landscaping Ltd

Best of 2018 winner 5 timesBest of 2018winner 5 times

Reviews for Abacus Landscaping Ltd

Private User reviews Calgary, AB

Installing a chain link fence.

My neighbor decided renovate her retention wall that share with a side of my property, so I had to remove the gate fence that extend to the wall side so the job can be done properly. Due to the bad conditions of the gate fence that couldn’t be placed back again I saw myself forced to look for a new one, as the fence around the house was old and in bad conditions, even rotten in some areas, I opted for replaced it completely. Searching online for a Fence contractor led me to the Abacu company site, with a good rate and review in the fence market. I contacted Wayne by phone and told to him about replace the house fence, he coming on person and took the sizes of the project, in a couple of days he email me the project estimates, his quote was reasonable compared with the rates in the fence market, the team he sent they were a very enthusiastic crew, I gave them specific instructions about how I wanted the fence run in some areas and they were able to accomplish these ones. I’ve got satisfied with the completion of the job.

Gracias Senor! Having talented fencers like Steve & Nick make the completion of some of the more intricate installations possible and more rewarding. Thanks for taking the time to write this review.

Nick P in Calgary, Alberta Canada T3H4J3
Nick P in Calgary, Alberta Canada T3H4J3

Chain link fence

Similar to most of the reviews, Wayne was great to work with. I contacted him as the contractor I had used previously on a much larger backyard job seemed disinterested in doing this job - probably because the price tag was significantly less. Reviews were great for Wayne, so I called. Wayne was prompt and fair, and the job was completed in no time. I'd recommend and will use again.

Thanks for the great review Nick. The job was different given that we had to base plate every post and anchor them into the caps on the top of your Allen block wall. Pleasure to work with you!

Jacquie
Jacquie
1 review Okotoks, AB

Dog run fence with gate

This our second dog run. We did not for a second hesitate in calling abacus again! Excellent customer service and product. We had an idea in mind and asked for advice and now have the most beautiful dog run as part of our family area in our back yard

I am glad to hear that you have enjoyed using our services in the past and it has been our pleasure doing business with you again. When I hear you using the word "LOVE" I know that we have a happy customer.

Michael in Calgary
Michael in Calgary

Small Chain Link Fence Install

We had a small chain link fencing job, to close in a yard with an existing back fence and one side fence. I received quotes from a number of fencing/landscaping companies but Wayne seemed the most knowledgeable about the install. His price was in line with the other quotes. Once we had confirmed, Wayne was very prompt in arranging a time to visit the house to finalize the quote (which only changed a bit due to more accurate measurements). Once we had agreed, the job was done very quickly and looks great. Wayne's crew also did a minor repair on the existing fence for us, at no charge. Very happy with the work done.

Thanks for taking the time to write this review. We hope your family, especially the kids and the dog have lots of enjoyable times this summer and in the years to come!

Carol in Calgary
Carol in Calgary

Chain Link Fence

We had Wayne put a chain link fence up on one side of our yard. We were able to get hold of Wayne quickly and were soon given an estimate for the work to be done. We liked the fact that we were able to get hold of Wayne in person and that he turned out to be a very friendly individual with a good sense of humor. The young men that put the fence up were also very friendly and very good workers and had the work done in no time at all. We will be contacting Abacus in the future to have more fence work done.

We appreciate your review on Homestars. I am glad that I was able to meet with you face to face and discuss your fence needs and that you were pleased with the end product. Looking forward to doing future work for you!

Jana
Jana

New fence, concrete patio

We had an old fence in need of removal and replacement, as well as a bare bones backyard with some questionable grading issues. Wayne was prompt in his response, came in competitive on his estimate and brought in Curtis and his team from Vighcon to do the patio work. The crews started and finished when they said they would (worked through a long weekend). They helped provide some creative solutions to what we were looking for, understanding we wanted to make our backyard functional while still being conscious of a budget. The whole process was painless and we love our "new" backyard.

Pleased to hear that "the family is spending a lot of time in the backyard and enjoying it immensely" ... Congratulations to both of you on the arrival of your baby son! Thanks for having us help out with some of your landscaping plans.

AK in Calgary
AK in Calgary

Dog Run/Fencing Project

Wayne is exactly the type of contractor a homeowner wants to work with. Courteous, great communication, on time and delivered what I wanted all for a fair price. Our project turned out better than I expected!

I also want to compliment the crew of Nick and Steve who worked on the job. Great guys who know what they are doing. They completed the job quickly and efficiently and helped me to decide the best way to proceed.

Definitely recommend Abacus Landscaping and will call again for any future projects.

We always look to provide the best possible advise in laying out the fence when there are several conflicts underground. It is called forensic fenceology! Thanks for having us get this job done for your family and the dog.

Margaret in Toronto
Margaret in Toronto

Chain link fence

Wayne was a pleasure to work with. He got back to me promptly after leaving him a message and came round to see our property late in the evening when we got home from work to suit our schedule. He took the time to advise us as to where the fence and gates should be in our garden and how to do it most economically. There were a few days of delay in putting in the fence which were beyond his control and he was very apologetic, whereas we had expected to wait a few days for the job to get done. We highly recommend Wayne and this company for stellar service.

Margaret ... I am most appreciative of your patience in getting your fence up.
It just seemed as though the stars would not align as I would have wanted. Extra time digging into clay and pit run on a job in Silver Springs delayed us beyond what we thought it would take to do. A nightmare would have been preferable :-)
Thank you for having us complete a portion of your landscaping.

PMB in Calgary
PMB in Calgary

Black Chain Link Fence

We purchased a home that had no fence and we needed a fence for our two dogs. Wayne was excellent to deal with. He was prompt in coming out to quote the job and made some great suggestions. He was patient with us as we had issues getting the old Real Property Report. Wayne even gave us the name of another contractor for some other non fencing work we needed done. We had some other minor landscaping done to re-align wood ties and shrub removal that was done exactly as we asked. They were very efficient in the actual fence installation once we selected a date. You can definitely rely on Abacus Landscaping. Wayne is an honest guy that works hard and has excellent workmanship. I would highly recommend him.

Yes the RPR certainly was key in getting the fence installed though it did take a bit of time to get. Nonetheless, we did finally did get the fence installed.
Having worked with various contractors other years makes it easy to recommend responsible trades people. Good to hear that you were well taken care of. I enjoyed working with you on this project.

ESEELEY in Calgary
ESEELEY in Calgary

Chain Link Fencing

Wayne was great to work with. His estimate was clear, communication was easy, his work looks great and most importantly his invoice matched the estimate! No surprise bills here. Would recommend and will use again.

It is not often that the final invoice does not match the original estimate, yet there are times .... I appreciate the call! Best to keep the dog in given it's new surroundings. Thanks for the call and welcome to Calgary!

More about Abacus Landscaping Ltd

Residential & Commercial Installation, repair and supplier of Chain Link Fences, Vinyl Fencing, Ornamental & Wood Fences, Decks and Patios, Retaining Walls, Sod Delivery.… Licensed, WCB & Commercial Liability Insured. 14 years in business!