Simply Roofing Ltd.

128 Manville Road Scarborough ON M1L4J5
Andre from Toronto
Owner/Manager
Andre Gomes [Full profile]
HomeStars  >  Roofing in Toronto  >  Simply Roofing Ltd.

Reviews for Simply Roofing Ltd.

John and Dawn from Toronto
2 reviews Scarborough, ON

As a background, Andre did our roof over fifteen years ago and we were pleased at that time with his professionalism, the quality of his work and the value for the services provided. Our roof needed to be replaced (normal wear and tear) and my wife and I decided to have Simply Roofing, along with a few other roofing companies, supply us with a quote. Simply Roofing, as we expected, came up the winner again. The roofing job was completed on time, the crew was very professional and courteous and Andre came through again. The roof was completed about one month ago and, given the amount of rain we have had, has performed admirably. Second time around just as good as the first. Thanks Andre.

Jason Mayr from East York
3 reviews East York, ON

Andre and the Simply Roofing team were originally recommended to us by our neighbours, and as it turned out, they were absolutely fantastic to work with in replacing our roof and eaves. Andre was patient with us, provided guidance in selecting shingles/colour options. He even drove around our neighbourhood on his own time to show us real life examples of the shingles we were considering. He was always prompt in his communications and pricing was best in class (we had quoted over 5 other roofers for the same job). When it came time to do the job, it was done efficiently and on-time, as promised, for the agreed price. A true professional. To top it off, after my roof was completed, my contractor accidentally spray foamed part of my nice new roof shingles and when I told Andre, he brought me some extra shingles so that my contractor could replace the affected area. I would not hesitate in recommending Andre and Simply Roofing to anyone, and will definitely be partnering with him on any future roofing needs! Seriously, look no further.

Marilyn from Toronto

Mr. Gomes provided quick and excellent work. He completed the work in the timeline he quoted to us and we appreciated the fact that he also cleaned up the old roofing material. He was more than courteous and responsive to any/all of my calls and emails. I wouldn't hesitate to use him again and would recommend his services to anyone who needs this type of work done. As a matter of fact, he/his company was a referral from another happy customer.

Much appreciated Marilyn

Lee from Toronto

I had a skylight in a flat roof that was leaking. On a friend's recommendation, I called Andre and he said I had the wrong skylight for the roof. He quoted me $1860 to replace the skylight and went ahead with the work. I was not home at the time. Within 3 years the skylight area was pouring water into the upstairs hall. I advised that I had a leak in my roof and he came to look at it. He told me my skylight was at least 10 years old and needed replacing. He clearly "forgot" that he had done the work 3 years earlier. When I reminded him and asked him to replace the skylight under the 5 year warranty he gave me, he stopped returning my calls. I don't think the skylight was ever replaced. I believe he caulked around the old skylight and I was charged for work that was never done. Do not use this company EVER.

Sorry Lee, I did let this slip by for to long and it is my fault.
The skylight was replaced with a new one.
Should have put in higher curb.
Don't blame you.

Lilian  from Toronto

The flat roof was done fine, and the balcony over it taken down and put back for us--both stars for that because the peaked roof was a disaster! We did both about 5 or 6 years ago, as our peaked roof, which had never leaked, was old and our adjoining neighbour was redoing hers and recommended this company to do ours at the same time. Little did we know what was to follow. Immediately the new roof sprung a leak, and Andre did not respond to pleading phone calls. Eventually he did come, after months of calls, but the "repair" did nothing to solve the problem. Then there was a second leak. It took more calls and photos and several visits. After more than two years and buckets under our new roof, finally Andre put a second layer of shingles over the two areas where we had leaks. Peace at last...until we sprung two new leaks on the other side of the roof. More calls, more months, more tapping here and there. Finally again, more shingles added. One of the leaks was resolved. The other still was wet, the interior under the leak blistering again after being plastered over. More calls and emails and photos, that have not been answered. We still have the leak. I do not recommend this company if you need a new peaked roof. Anyone can make a mistake or have a bad experience with their crew. But it has been 6 years of our new roof leaking with no final resolution. It looks like we are going to have to pay someone to put on another new roof. 5 or 6 years of leaking roof is not what we paid for. We have now been advised by other roofers as to the short-cuts and poor workmanship that caused these problems.

Review has 1 previous version

We did the neighbours and Lilian's roof at the same time about 6 years ago.
She had problems with hers after the first year.
We were back there every year repairing one spot or the other.
Just don't know what went wrong here as the neighbour didn't have
any problems with the same shingle roof.
We did try.

Tara Toronto
3 reviews TORONTO, ON

These guys arrive when they say they will and clean up afterwards. For a no fuss no muss kind of roofing job and a very competitive price this is your go-to company.

Ernie in Toronto

Andre and his crew were punctual and the job was done in the time frame specified. The roof and flashing look great and Andre even repaired an eavestrough that was damaged. I received more than half a dozen quotes and Simply Roofing came in at a very reasonable price point as well.

More about Simply Roofing Ltd.

Serving the GTA for over 30 years. Residential and commercial shingle and flat roofing.
We only use our own hourly crews for quality control purposes.