Alternative Arts

Reviews for Alternative Arts

A. Brown from Toronto
A. Brown from Toronto

Buying an artistic poster

The store is great and has a huge collection of classic posters and artist prints. I wanted to purchase a print on display but after looking for over 10 minutes they said they didn't have it in stock but I could order it. I would have to pay for it in advance. After ordering and paying I was told I would get called in a week. After not hearing anything for two weeks I called them, they had no record of my request. They checked and the print I had ordered was there if not under my name, so I went to the store to pick it up. Unfortunately it was the wrong print by the same artist, After they left me to help the other person in the store for an additional 10 minutes, they then took the time to find the right print for me.Thankfully I still had my receipt since they still couldn't find any record of the sale. Overall I like the selection and they were friendly and I would shop there again. However I would not order something they didn't have in stock. organization though.

Leslie Caalin in Toronto
Leslie Caalin in Toronto

Framing

We went in with 5 pictures we wanted to frame, expecting we would only be able to afford to do 2 or maybe 3, but not sure which ones. The staff were fantastic and creative and really worked with us in order to make it possible to get all 5 framed, and to get a full-length mirror we had been coveting. They helped us find recycled frames, move matting around to make those frames fit, and to try frames we didn't at first like. When we saw the result for one picture, and thought it didn't work well, they whisked it right back and re-did it for no extra cost, in a different format. Also they even delivered some of the pictures to our house to save us the trouble of making an extra trip to collect the framed pieces.