Builders

CerebroJD in Airdrie
CerebroJD in Airdrie
1 review Airdrie, AB

Quick Possession Home Purchase

We bought a home on a very very tight deadline back in May. Trico had a great home layout in Midtown that was shown to us less than 20 days before possession date was needed. Jayce and Daniel at the sales center in Midtown worked closely with our Realtor to keep the process moving quickly, and were able to work with us to still get the needed amenities (appliances etc) in short order and delivered before possession.

We appreciated the close communication with Jayce, and his focus on making sure we were happy. Follow-ups we're diligent and frequent - so nice having such a great resource only a text message away!

Thank you for taking the time to write a Homestars review! Midtown is a beautiful community and the pond is a nice feature. It's great to hear that you were able to close in a short period of time. Jayce and Daniel are a great sales team and really care about the customer experience. Thank you for purchasing a Trico Home and please do not hesitate to contact the warranty department at anytime. Nicole Walker, Customer Relations Manager.

AshleighM in
AshleighM in
1 review , AB

Amazing experience, highly recommend!

From the day we walked into the sales centre to the day we took possession, Trico staff were amazing! They truly cared about the process and the product and our genuine satisfaction. The staff were knowledgeable and professional and personable and went out of their way for us on several occasions. We will definitely buy from or build with Trico in the future and highly recommend to anybody in the market.

Thanks so much Asleigh for your positive comments! It's great to hear that all the staff did an amazing job for you. We would love to build another home for you in the future! Please do not hesitate to contact our warranty department at anytime. Nicole Walker, Customer Relations Manager

Ernest in Calgary
Ernest in Calgary

New Home in Nolan Hill

We fell in love with Nolan Hill the moment we visited the community about 4 years ago. This year we decided that we were ready for the big move. We did our research on the builders and we thought that Trico Homes would be one of the best options for us, so on a good sunny day back in late February 2018 we visited Nolan Hill and Trico's show homes. Jordan and Eric were very professional, friendly, and patient. We felt that they understood what we needed in order for us to accomplish our plans. We liked what we saw in the showhomes; we liked the models shown to us, we liked the community, however, Jordan and Eric were instrumental in helping us make a final decision to go with Trico. They are simply awesome!

This is the first home that we built and we had great experience with Trico. The professionalism of the Trico staff involved in building our home is commendable. Jake and Dylan were very patient with our questions. It was fun working with them. Louise at the design centre helped us in making choices for the materials that will be used. It was a challenge but she made it fun and easy for us.

Overall, we are extremely happy with the results. We love our new home!
We are comfortable referring Trico Homes to our family and friends. My family and I would like to extend our gratitude to everyone at Trico who were involved in building our home. Thank you! Best of luck to your company!

Thank you Ernest for your positive comments and scoring Trico Homes a "10". Nolan Hill is a beautiful community! Jordan and Eric are great sales people and we've received many positive comments about their professionalism and service. They really do care and yes they are simply "Awesome". I'm so happy to hear that Jake, Dylan, and Louise also did a great job and exceeded your expectations. I know they will be so happy to read your review. Thank you so much for purchasing a Trico Home. Please do not hesitate to contact the warranty department at anytime. Nicole Walker, Customer Relations Manager

Private User reviews Calgary, AB

laminate home flooring and maintenance visit

I bought trico home which was ready to move. I have notice flooring issue in 1st day of my home and let them know with 2-3 picture..they said they will fix after winter meanwhile i have more location that has same floor pealing off or broken corner problem..now they come doing measurement and said all good and fixed only 2 place which also not proper work done..we spend time and take day off from work in order to do proper work but the never take it seriously and provide worse service ever...never ever suggest any person to go with trico

Trico Homes takes feedback very seriously. I would like to speak to you about this matter so that I can contact our flooring company and warranty department. Please contact me at 403-287-9300 to discuss. Thank you. Nicole Walker, Customer Relations Manager

Laura MacKenzie in Calgary
Laura MacKenzie in Calgary

New home in redstone

Ali, Shresht, and Erica were incredible to deal with. From start to finish they handled our new home build with professional knowledge, and were extremely friendly. We have built with other builders before and Trico was by far the best experience. Trico was there for any questions we had as well as any time wanted to see our home during the build process, they always accommodated. My fiance and i would 100% recommend Trico for your next home build! The quality of our home is incredible and any issues we had during final walk through Jim handled with no hesitation. Very pleased with the final result! We are in LOVE with our new Trico home and are very grateful to Ali and Shresht for their awesome customer service and care!

Joseph in Calgary
Joseph in Calgary

Airdrie

When my wife and I were relocating we looked at around 60-70 houses before we saw a Trico built house, and then we looked no further. We knew we had found a place where we would call home, a home where we would welcome our first child. The builders were very obliging in getting the basement finished and everything was tasteful and ready for us to move in. Though we’ve owned properties in the past, this is our first brand new home and we are pleased with the workmanship. Thank you Trico and keep up the good work !

Thank you Joseph for taking the time to write a Homestars Review! We are so thrilled that you chose Trico Homes after looking at 60-70 homes. We hope that you and your family enjoy your beautiful home and community. Please do not hesitate to contact the warranty department at any time if you have questions or concerns. Nicole Walker, Customer Relations Manager

Ricardo Bravo from Calgary
Ricardo Bravo from Calgary

Beware

I had my house built from Trico and right from the start we noticed a big temperature discrepancy from one side of the house to the other.
We thought this was odd and no matter what we did nothing seemed to help.
We contacted Trico and they sent out their technician to look into it. He gave us a couple of tips (keep the doors open, directing the air flow, etc) but nothing seemed to help.
I spoke to a few different companies that did insulation. They said that it was not uncommon for builders to neglect or forget to put insulation on walls or that it could be just a design flaw of the house itself (positioning of the furnace within the house, etc). Both these insulating experts also agreed that the only way for me to find out exactly what was happening with the temperature in my house and why the heat was not evenly distributed was with infrared cameras.
I spoke with the warranty coordinator for my community within my first year’s warranty and she Agreed to do the assessment, however that year we had a mild winter and I was told the temperature had to be -20 in order for them to do so.
Once the temperature dropped again I tried contacting Trico but nobody was giving me any answers as there was no warranty Coordinator for my community anymore and Trico had stopped building there. After multiple phone calls an e mails I finally got a phone call back from one of the warranty coordinators (Theresa) and she refused to do the assessment claiming my warranty was now over and that Trico never agreed to do the assessment in the first place.
I got in touch with the person in charge of customer relations (Nicole) and after explaining to her that I had documented trough e mails Trico agreeing to do the assessment she decided to go ahead an honor the assessment I was promised.
I was put in touch with one of the warranty coordinators named Amber. Once again I was promised once the temperature dropped the Issue would be looked into by a company called “Advantage Heating”.
She also mentioned I would be getting a letter outlining this.
After not receiving the letter and inquiring about it I received an email from Amber with the following statement;
“In regards to the letter, I have looked into this for you. Unfortunately this letter has not been drafted yet, however until you receive the letter please use this email as confirmation that Trico will return to assess the cold bedroom when temperature drops.”
Once winter came around Trico never contacted me and neither did I contact them as I got busy with life just like everybody else and now I now have a mortgage to pay.
I contacted Trico again (it’s been 2 winters since I was last promised the assessment done by a heating company) with the hope they will honor the agreement we had, just to be told, you never called us it is now been too long.

It is frustrating to have to use electric heaters in your baby’s room just so they can sleep trough the night in a house that you paid almost 600k for.

Now, this is not the only Issue that Trico neglected to take care of even though I brought it up within the first year but it is the biggest one.
I had a fire place built in my bedroom and every time I light it up, it stinks up the room. I was told it will get better eventually as it was brand new, but we already now what happens eventually…
I could talk about the scratch the Trico tech left on my Door that I was also promised it will be fixed, the exterior hot water tap not working, etc.
The lesson here is if you do decide to build with Trico make sure you decide when stuffed gets fixed not them…If you leave it up to them they will most likely tell you, let’s do it later or it will get better on its own, chances are it never will..

Trico Homes takes feedback very seriously so I looked into this matter and the history of your file when it was brought to my attention. At the start of this concern, the warranty department made arrangement's for a service technician to meet with you and conduct a thorough inspection of your home and heating system. He took the temperature readings of each room and explained how to regulate the heat from one room to another. It's not uncommon to have some rooms that colder than others especially those over the garage since there is a cold air space below. All our homes are inspected by the City of Calgary and have passed all building cold requirements. Yes, an infrared camera does show the installation behind the interior walls and will indicate if insulation is missing. Based on all our inspections were are confident the insulation has been installed as per the building code requirements. With that said; I did recently offer to send our senior service technician to your home. He is very knowledgeable and if he deemed a camera was required we were more than willing to have that done. If you would like to proceed with that inspection, please let me know. I would be happy to set that up. Nicole Walker, Customer Relations Manager

Jamie in Calgary
Jamie in Calgary

Wonderful in Riverstone

This was the fourth new home build I've been involved in, and our 1st Trico home. From our very first visit to the show-home in Riverstone we felt confident Trico could build us the right home for the right price, and they delivered.
Carmen De Luca, the Area Sales Manager, was an absolute joy to work with. Throughout the process Carmen addressed every single concern in a professional and timely manner, we felt very fortunate to have such a positive, enthusiastic yet honest rep to work with.
Our home was originally slated to be a spec home which presented challenges due to previously established finishes etc, changes had to made to suit our requirements and personal tastes. Each change and update was addressed with the utmost professionalism and thoroughness.
The building process wasn't without its challenges, however every issue was expertly dealt with by, Carmen, (Drew the construction manager) and Selene (with the Trico design center team). Ultimately the details were sorted and our house turned out as good, if not better than expected. The overall fit and finish, along with the possession dates / walk thru's / site reviews and ultimately post move in service, (including) all sub trades, has been stellar.
If I have one word of advice it would be to add a bit of time to the finishes selection process, there are many important decisions and possible upgrades to consider in a relatively short period of time.

It's wonderful in Riverstone!

All the best,
Jamie and Karen Treadgold

Thank you Jamie for taking the time to write a Homestars review and trusting Trico Homes to build your new home! Carmen De Luca is an amazing sales person. She was chosen as one of the top 5% sales people in North America that has delivered exceptional customer service. This outstanding achievement was determined by Avid Ratings the survey company that works with most builders in the US and Canada. She was invited down to Florida to accept the award. Check out her interview on Trico's Facebook page. I'm so happy to hear that all the challenges you faced were sorted out and addressed. We will take your advice noted above and I will share with the opts team. Please do not hesitate to contact the warranty department at anytime. Nicole Walker, Customer Relations Manager

Trico Home review in Airdrie
Trico Home review in Airdrie
1 review Airdrie, AB

Trico Home review

We bought a home from Trico homes and have been very happy with the home, service and their tradespeople. With the new home there were some small issues which were scheduled and acted upon in a timely manner. We also had an issue with the cement driveway which was identified by Trico and we were told that it would be addressed. As it turned out it was decided to Sandblast the driveway. This was scheduled and completed in the time frame that was stated. As this is a very dusty process the Trades people talked with our neighbors to have their cars parked away from the work area. Then at the end the trades cleaned our driveway along with our neighbors.
We have now had our three month walk thru and the gentleman was very helpful. As on the original walk thru there is a lot of information it was excellent to have the gentleman in so that we could get clarification on the mechanical, plumbing and the upkeep of all the new items in the house.
This is not our first new home but this has been the best customer service we have received in the purchase of a home.

Jamie Phillips

Thank you for taking the time to write a Homestars review. We are so pleased to hear that you are very happy with your home, service and tradespeople. When issues arise it is our goal to address them in a timely manner. I can see by reading your comments this was done. Sandblasting can get messy so it's great to hear that the trades people talked to the neighbors and cleaned up afterwards. When we meet with you it's so important that we are helpful and informative ensuring we deliver excellent customer service. We are always here to answer any questions or concerns you many have, so please do not hesitate to contact the warranty department at anytime. Nicole Walker, Customer Relations Manager

karentricofan in Calgary
karentricofan in Calgary

New Home Purchase

In April of this year, my family and I decided it was time to buy a new home. It was our first time home shopping and we quickly fell in love with the Community of Nolan Hills. On our first day of walking into the Show Homes in Nolan Hills, we had spent 5 hours walking through all the show homes. Trico Homes was the final one before we decided to end our day. Upon walking into Trico Homes, we quickly feel in love with one of the Show Homes. The wonderful staff asked if we would like to view a Quick Possession, and although we were tired from all the walking, we were happy to. As it was a Sunday, and most of the other staff in the other Show Homes didn't have enough staff to show us the Quick Possessions in person. The first Quick Possession we walked into we decided it was the one. We loved Trico Homes open floor plans and they gave very responsible pricing. We immediately told Trico Homes that this is the one! It was all very exciting, and Trico Homes staff was very patient with us as it was our first home and we had no idea how to apply for mortgage, sell our current home, and etc. Trico Homes provided us with all the contacts and patiently explained to us what our next steps are. July came our possession date, and till this date I am very satisfied with their service and quick responses. When my family and I decide to move again in the near future, we will definitely buy another home built by Trico.

More about Trico Homes Inc

Homestars Profile

Since 1992, Trico Homes has built new single and multi-family homes, offering a diverse selection of starter, move-up and semi-estate homes in Calgary, Cochrane and Airdrie. Whether you're looking for a quick possession or something more personalized, Trico’s team of dedicated staff will ensure you’ll find the perfect house to call home.

Over the past 25 years, Trico Homes has built a well-established reputation and is recognized as one of Calgary's top residential builders. With a history of innovation, integrity and community support, we're proud to have built over 9,000 single and multi-family homes. Trico has received numerous accolades, including a Platinum member as one of Canada’s 50 Best Managed Companies, Canada’s Best Workplaces, Canada’s Best Workplaces for Women, a SAM award and a CHBA Excellence in Housing award. As a B Corporation, the company has also received a B Corp Best for the World award and a Trailblazer award.

At Trico, We start every single day with one goal in mind; to deliver incredible life-changing moments. We know Calgarians have choices when buying a home. That’s why we’ve built a company that builds so much more than quality houses.

We’ve built culture. It’s in our DNA. Pride, passion and commitment to deliver on our promises to not only our homeowners, but to one another. It resonates in everything we do, and every single Trico employee lives and breathes our core values.

We’ve built a reputation of trust and integrity by not only treating every client and employee like family, but by giving back to our community; we truly believe in not just doing well, but doing good.

And yes, we’ve built some of the best houses in Calgary along the way by never being complacent, and by engaging in strategies and processes that ensure continuous growth and improvements in design, quality and functionality.

We’re committed to our industry and our city. We want to make our mark. To become a legacy company. We do more than develop quality homes. We help develop the place we call home.

Trico Homes. The Heart of Homebuilding.®

New Home Builder, New Homes, Condos, Townhomes,
Single-Family Homes, Multi-Family Homes, Apartments, New Condo Projects, New Condo Development, New Communities.

North West Communities