HomeStars  >  Builders in Calgary  >  Trico Homes Inc

Christine in Quesnel
Christine in Quesnel
1 review Quesnel, BC

Project

Oh I'm so happy that I and my family decided to build our dream home with Trico builders in Evanston. It was an amazing experience for us from the beginning to the end, and I will like to thank Erin, Kristy, and Troy who are always there to listen and to answer all our questions. Thank you for all the weekly updates and your prompt responses to my emails.
Our new home is so so beautiful and we are always looking forward going back home on every single day.
This wouldn't have been possible without you guys.

Thank you Christine for this review! Evanston is a beautiful community that we are very proud to be a part of. I'm so happy to hear you had an "amazing" experience and that your home is beautiful. Yes, Erin, Kristy and Troy are there to answer any and all your questions. We want to continue to provide you with this type of service, so please do not hesitate to contact the warranty department at anytime. Nicole Walker, Customer Relations Manager

Gayle in Beaumont
Gayle in Beaumont
1 review Beaumont, AB

Home purchase

This was my first home purchase and everything went very fast and smoothly for the most part. Both sales reps in the office were very approachable and helpful. I took possession the next month. Possession day went fairly smoothly, most of my emediate concerns were fixed within the hour. The part that I had issues with was when I was told that even though three out of four blinds in my house were inoperative and the floor trims were worn, non of those would be fixed because the house was suppose to be sold “as is” because it was a show unit. Even though non of that was disclosed to be prior. Infact my sales person had previously said that the house would be reconditioned to new. After a conversation with my lawyers and confirmed that is should NOT be given to me as is. My sales person called me and promised that all my concerns would be addressed. From there on all the sublets were booked and completed repairs promptly. However I am still waiting to hear back about the floor trims. Overall everything went pretty fast, dispite the small glitch, I’m happy they rectified their mistakes.

Thank you Gayle for taking the time to write a Homestars Review. It sounds like you purchased one of our beautiful showhomes. It's great to hear that the process moved smoothly and we were able to move you the next month. We apologize for the confusion regarding the repairs. At the time, I personally got involved in this matter and worked with sales, construction and warranty to address those issues. Thank you for your patience. We looked into the flooring issue you mentioned above and I would ask that you contact Theresa St. Germain in the warranty department to discuss further (403-287-9300). Thank you for purchasing a Trico Home and we look forward to working with you during the warranty period. Nicole Walker, Customer Relations Manager

Mregister  in Calgary
Mregister in Calgary

Buyer Beware!

Hello, my husband and I attempted to purchase a new trico home over 1 month ago. My husbands credit isn’t the greatest but we were assured by our mortgage broker that he could pull through for us. We were so excited when we found this Tric home and decided to put a CONDITIONAL offer on it which we did. We gave our deposit to the company and signed our conditional contract, Justin assured us that nothing gets cashed until everything is finalized and with that we felt safe. Boy was I wrong. 3 days later we found out that we couldn’t only get approved for the mortgage with a co-signer, and with few oppotutnities for this our deal fell through, 3 days later we notified them of this our hearts were broken. We have now been waiting for 5 weeks for the return of our thousand dollar deposit and have been getting story after story as to why we haven’t gotten it back yet. For a company that makes so much to not be able to return a refundable deposit that wasn’t supposed to be cashed they sure are making it difficult for us to receive ours. By law it is my right to get my money back and Trico as well as Justin don’t seem to be in any hurry to return our 1000$ which for me is everything and to a big company like them is nothing..... but obviously they don’t care about their consumer. 5 weeks later and still nothing, I would highly recommend staying away from this builder as they are dishonest and take your 1000$ deposit and you will never get it back if something goes wrong in the conditional phase, just like us it seems. I’m very disappointed.

Trico Homes takes this type of feedback very seriously. Immediately after reading your post I looked into the matter and can confirm a cheque was couriered to your home yesterday. I can confirm that as part of the contract and process, if an offer is written the deposit cheque is cashed. I'm so sorry to hear the deal fell through and that you were unable to purchase a Trico home. We definitely care about all consumers and recognize that the return of your deposit is very important to you. I looked into the process and the return of the deposit does have to go through a procedure of filling out paper work, management approvals and submitting to our accounting department. This takes time, however, I understand this process can be shortened and done in a more timely manner. I will speak further to our sales and accounting departments to ensure this does not happen in the future. I want to assure you that Trico is a very honest company and and the "T" in Trico stands for "Trust". Please accept my sincere apology and I hope that if in the future you are looking to purchase a home you will give us another opportunity to gain your trust back. Please do not hesitate to contact me at anytime. Nicole Walker, Customer Relations Manager.

Dumar in Toronto
Dumar in Toronto

Trico Homes - Evanston

I just bought my second house from Trico, that should say it all. I got my first house 12 years ago in the same neighborhood of Evanston and we just got our new house a month ago, also in Evanston. I owned our first house for more than 11 years and it was amazing, so when we decided to look for an upgrade it was a no brainer to go with Trico once again, and we are so happy to have done so. Trico's sales team in Evanston did an excellent work answering all our questions, requests, desires, etc. Erin and Kristy showed us different show homes and styles that helped us to select the right house. Their suggestions, knowledge and care for details were really valuable for us, not to mention how friendly and nice to work with they both are. Thanks for everything ladies, cheers..!

Noreto Bisares in Calgary
Noreto Bisares in Calgary

Trico New Homes in Redstone

We want to take this opportunity to thank TRICO Homes Inc. and all its staff who helped us in building our dream house.
The process was so smooth from the time we decided to build our house with them until the possession date. We salute our Sales Manager,
MR. Justine Rampersad, who assisted us throughout the entire construction. He is very professional, very approachable and has excellent customer service. He always update us on the progress of the construction.
The house that was built for us was far beyond our expectations. It was made the way we wanted. It was constructed so beautiful. Moreover, it was handed to us in the time we were told so. We are so happy we choose the right builder.
Thank you TRICO HOMES INC., more power and God bless.

Nory and Venus

Thank you Noreto for this amazing review! Wow! I really enjoyed reading it and give Justin and the team a big "Thank You" for making your experience so positive. It's so important that you are updated throughout the whole process because we understand the huge investment you are making. Thank you for choosing Trico Homes. Please do not hesitate to contact the warranty department at anytime. Nicole Walker, Customer Relations Manager

Excellent experience

This is our first home in Calgary and we are very happy that we have found this company in this new community. Erin was helping us with all the process of purchase, she was very kind and helpful. It has been a very nice experience and all the things they told us was right. The quality of the house is very good and the service from all the team has been amazing.

Thank you.

Thank you for taking the time to write a Homestars Review. Erin is very kind and helpful and takes customer service very seriously. Thank you for making note of that. She will be so happy to read your review. We want to continue with amazing service, so please contact the us at anytime if you have questions or concerns regarding your home. Nicole Walker, Customer Relations Manager.

Trico Home Inc. - New Build

We've built homes in the past and Trico Homes Inc. and their team hasbeen the best team we have worked with. From beginning to end, they worked with us to ensure we were satisfied and happy with our new home.

Their builders and contractors are also very friendly and pleasant to deal with, and we would recommend buying a home from Trico.

Thank you for taking the time to write a Homestars Review. To hear that you built homes in the past and that Trico has been the best team to work with really makes us happy! We strive to provide all our customers with outstanding quality and service. Many of our trades have worked with Trico for up to 20 years so we have established very positive relationships with the companies and their staff. Thank you for choosing Trico Homes! Please do not hesitate to contact the warranty department at anytime. Nicole Walker, Customer Relations Manager

BBreiz in Calgary
BBreiz in Calgary

New Condo in Viridian

My wife and I are first time homebuyers. Sales Manager Lian was very nice and accommodating during the process; she made our homebuying experience stress-free and Mr. Darren was very helpful during the walk through. Now we are happy homeowners!
Thank you TRICO!

Thank you for taking the time to write a Homestars Review. Viridian is such a beautiful condo complex. I love it's location and views! Daren & Lian are valuable members of our team who are committed to delivering excellent customer service. Thank you for purchasing a Trico Home. Please do not hesitate to contact the warranty department at anytime. Nicole Walker, Customer Relations Manager

Thomas in Toronto
Thomas in Toronto

New Home Excellence

We were brand new home buyers and since this process started have been overwhelmed by how easy, comforting and rewarding Trico has made this process. I would reccomend Trico to friends, family or anyone else who is looking to purchase a quality home, with reliable and professional service.

Thank you Thomas for taking the time to write this review!! Purchasing a new home for the first time can be very stressful. It's great to hear how easy, comforting and rewarding Trico has made it for you. Thank you for recommending Trico Homes to your friends and family. If you have question or concerns, please do not hesitate to contact the warranty department at any time. Nicole Walker, Customer Relations Manager.

Viraj in Toronto
Viraj in Toronto

New Home in Redstone - Red Stone Boulevard

Worst builder to deal with in Redstone community and specially their houses on Red Sky Way and Red Stone Boulevard. Cheap contractor and materials used, like door knobs(freezes in winter- you can not even function them), insufficient insulation(builder cost cutting cheap techniques) , water pipe noises in whole house from washroom’s and sinks, when half washroom exhaust fan turned on you feel noise and vibration on master bedroom. Even partywall between neighbors- you can hear each other’s noise clearly. Misleading practices initially and once you get possession you will realize many problems with home, like vibration on main flooring from below HRV and Furnace, they have identified problem but will not resolve it for some reason and will give you long explanations. You get days off from work for each apartments for contractors to identify issues and same thing happens again and again, all you will hear from servicing team is – Its common with homes and it is as per Alberta’s code. **Worst thing is they even do not have document signed by owners of exterior colors and will paint any color you want after possession of spec homes and will tell you it was discussed**. To buy new built or spec homes from Trico is wasting your money, time and whole year’s vacation time from work after their contractors for appointments and going over all problems of home and coming up with no solution at the end. Worst woks done by wm Schmidt for plumbing and heating(contracted by Trico). At the end they will send you email asking you to contact Alberta’s New home warranty for further assistance. HARD STOP for REDSTONE TRICO HOME’s.
I will appreciate instead of responding below working on issues servicing is aware of and fooling people who are stuck with Trico home as a major mistake of lives.

Trico Homes takes customer feedback very seriously. We have built several homes in the community Redstone and our current Avid Rating Customer Satisfaction score for the question "Would You Recommend Trico Homes to Your Family & Friends" is 91.8% Trico only contracts reputable trade contractors who have proven to be the best in our industry. We hold their products, services and quality to the highest standards and inspect their work daily. WM Schmidt has worked with Trico Homes for 20 years and we have not received this type of feedback. I have looked into each and every concern with the warranty team and they assured me that all concerns were inspected and if repairs were necessary the work was completed in a timely manner. When purchasing a duplex we cannot guarantee that noise from the neighboring side will not be heard. Lifestyle, family size, and other factors contribute to the noise levels. Trico Homes is required to meet the City of Calgary building codes when building duplexes. They have guidelines for sound barrier and the city inspector conducts an inspection at framing, insulation and drywall stage to ensure the codes have been reached. At each inspection the code requirements were met and the City of Calgary issued the occupancy permit. I'm very sorry to hear that you are not happy with your home. I want to assure you that your home was built with the highest care, quality and attention. I would be happy to speak with you and encourage you to contact me at 403-287-9300. We value your business and recognize that your home is very important to you and your family. Nicole Walker, Customer Relations Manager

More about Trico Homes Inc

Homestars Profile

Since 1992, Trico Homes has built new single and multi-family homes, offering a diverse selection of starter, move-up and semi-estate homes in Calgary, Cochrane and Airdrie. Whether you're looking for a quick possession or something more personalized, Trico’s team of dedicated staff will ensure you’ll find the perfect house to call home.

Over the past 25 years, Trico Homes has built a well-established reputation and is recognized as one of Calgary's top residential builders. With a history of innovation, integrity and community support, we're proud to have built over 9,000 single and multi-family homes. Trico has received numerous accolades, including a Platinum member as one of Canada’s 50 Best Managed Companies, Canada’s Best Workplaces, Canada’s Best Workplaces for Women, a SAM award and a CHBA Excellence in Housing award. As a B Corporation, the company has also received a B Corp Best for the World award and a Trailblazer award.

At Trico, We start every single day with one goal in mind; to deliver incredible life-changing moments. We know Calgarians have choices when buying a home. That’s why we’ve built a company that builds so much more than quality houses.

We’ve built culture. It’s in our DNA. Pride, passion and commitment to deliver on our promises to not only our homeowners, but to one another. It resonates in everything we do, and every single Trico employee lives and breathes our core values.

We’ve built a reputation of trust and integrity by not only treating every client and employee like family, but by giving back to our community; we truly believe in not just doing well, but doing good.

And yes, we’ve built some of the best houses in Calgary along the way by never being complacent, and by engaging in strategies and processes that ensure continuous growth and improvements in design, quality and functionality.

We’re committed to our industry and our city. We want to make our mark. To become a legacy company. We do more than develop quality homes. We help develop the place we call home.

Trico Homes. The Heart of Homebuilding.®

New Home Builder, New Homes, Condos, Townhomes,
Single-Family Homes, Multi-Family Homes, Apartments, New Condo Projects, New Condo Development, New Communities.

North West Communities