HomeStars  >  Builders in Calgary  >  Trico Homes Inc
How well a company responds to Quote Requests and Reviews.

Reviews for Trico Homes Inc

Greer in Calgary
2 reviews Airdrie, AB

Trico built our first new home and did a great job. There were a couple minor issues but nothing is perfect. They were great at responding to those issues though and were able to resolve them to our satisfaction. We would definitely consider using them again for our next home.

Caitlin in Calgary

I had been looking to buy my first new home for years and nothing ever seemed to fit quite right. When I walked into the Midtown show homes, I felt right at home. Carmen welcomed me with knowledgeable and friendly answers to all of my questions. She offered great suggestions to help me resolve the things I didn’t love about the floor plan, but I never felt pressured into changes that I didn’t welcome.

Carmen was genuinely invested in my satisfaction with my home. She patiently helped me make small changes to light switches and the placement of the thermostat to make sure my home was exactly what I dreamed of. On move in day, I felt instantly at home because Carmen helped me to envision every nook and cranny.

Trico has been an amazing company to deal with. Dylan and Bill have been available to address any questions or issues I’ve had since move in day. I highly recommend building with Trico!

My wife and I was looking to build our very first new home for our growing family and decided to have a look at Redstone Calgary. After visiting all the show homes within in the area, we decided to go with Trico Homes. What made us went with Trico Homes immediately, was the trust that we felt from the sale representative Erika. She was very knowledgeable and seems to always put our needs first.

When the construction has began, we would get great updates, pics, and progress details from Justin. He was always there to answer our questions and concerns professionally.

We also loved that the house was built in the time that Trico Homes have stated it would be and our move in date was right on time. Big thanks again to Erika, Justin and Trico Homes for making our building experience a wonderful one.

Thank you for taking the time to write a Homestars Review! Redstone is a beautiful community. I love it's location as it has easy access to Stoney Trail, the Airport and the Deerfoot. It sounds like you had a great experience with the The Redstone team! That is so great to hear. They are fully committed to customer service and ensuring your home is built on time. Our process provides our customers with regular updates and pictures during the home build. Thank you for purchasing a Trico Home and please do not hesitate to contact the warranty department at anytime. We will be in touch throughout the first year to schedule a couple of standard warranty visits. Nicole Walker, Customer Relations Manager.

Sherri in Calgary

I was looking to purchase a home for myself and my dog, Charlie. Checked out a couple of communities in the area I wanted to be in. Really liked Legacy and after checking out the show homes for Trico I found a plan that I thought would work for me. Signed off on the paperwork and then had buyers remorse. Decided that I really should have bought one model up for the extra space. Called Erin and Carter and they were more than willing to work with me to make my purchase right for me. Bought another model on the same street. Made a couple of changes to specs and I couldn’t be happier. There were a few extras included that I didn’t expect. Trico team, from sales people to service department, couldn’t be more accommodating. Love my place. I even have more room than I thought after moving everything in. Wonderful neighbors. Can’t wait to fence and landscape next spring. I would certainly recommend Trico to my friends.

Thank you Sherri for taking the time to write HomeStars review! I am so pleased to hear that we made changes to ensure that you purchased a home that met your needs. Our sales and warranty team are great to work with and we are always here for you. Thank you for recommending Trico Homes to your friends and family. Nicole Walker, Customer Relations Manager

JonT in Calgary

We had an excellent experience building a new home in Nolan Hill with Trico Homes. From the beginning Carter, Ted and their sales team at the Nolan Hill showhome did a great job of addressing our requests during the planning and building process.

The design center had a wide variety of selections for options and Alex was very helpful when it came to designing our interior.

The entire building process was enjoyable although I wish there were more scheduled walk throughs during building. I was told 4 but I only had 3.

During the pre-possession walk through we found some manuals and packaging materials stuffed inside the HVAC system in the basement. We also found that the carpet on the stairs needed to be re-installed.

After possession we noticed another problem with the installation of the carpet. In our master bedroom the carpet was cut too short on the transition going to the tile in the washroom. I will bring this up with the warranty department.

Overall we are very pleased with our decision to go with Trico.

Thank you Jon for taking the time to write a HomeStars Review. The community of Nolan Hills is beautiful and a very nice place to live! The sales team are exceptional and are committed to each and every customer. Alex in the design studio is great to work with and has a really flare for design. During construction we have some scheduled visits to your home. The job site can be dangerous and very busy so we want to ensure your safety while the home is under construction. Regarding your carpet concerns... We definitely want to hear about those and will address any issues that you may have. Thank you for purchasing a Trico Home. Please do not hesitate to contact the warranty department at any time. Nicole Walker, Customer Relations Manager.

We love our new house made by Trico. The project is on scheduled. So that we can move in on time. We are satisfied with the wonderful service that Trico offers. Your staff helped us with our post code, lock changing and other house maintain work.

Thank you for taking the time to write a Homestars Review. I am happy to hear that you love your home and the build was on schedule. Please continue to contact our warranty department if you have questions or concerns regarding your home. Nicole Walker, Customer Relations Manager

James McNeil in Airdrie
1 review Airdrie, AB

My experience with Trico homes started after a week long search of homes in Airdrie Alberta. I went into the show homes in Midtown and was met by a very delightful sales person named Taylor Blanchard. She took me on a tour of the various show homes, explained what Trico would be offering in each new home.

I think my experience with Taylor that day made all the difference when it came to which builder to choose. I'm happy to say, throughout the process Taylor has been a delight to work with, always quick to respond, very customer focused and very dedicated to her work.

One of the things that stands out in my mind was how customer focused Taylor is going the extra mile. I should tell you at this point, I live in Ontario currently so getting to the site is impossible. Knowing this Taylor took photographs of the build and its progress and emailed them to me. That was so exciting for me to see and it showed me how dedicated she was to each and every customer.

With the possession date fast approaching (on time by the way) I hope the quality of this home is as good as its sales staff (Taylor) in Midtown.

Thank you James for taking the time to write this review! Your kind words and positive comments about Taylor are very true. She is an amazing sales lady and we often receive positive feedback regarding her ability to engage our customers with such care and delight. Her dedication and commitment is outstanding. Living in another province while your home is under construction can cause added stress to the building experience. It is great to hear that photos were sent so that you had a visual of the build. I am confident that as we draw near to your possession, and the day final comes to take ownership you will not be disappointed with the quality and workmanship. Thank you for your business and choosing Trico Homes! Nicole Walker, Customer Relations Manager

Fukuoka_to_Calgary in Calgary

Very big move back to Calgary with my family from Japan. I grew up in Calgary but had not lived here since 2005; had been living with my wife in Japan since 2012. With our daughter who is almos 3 we moved to Evanston and our now living in our Trico built home.

Couple issues have come up since we moved in but all issues are attended to.

Overall a lot to get used to living here (the wind and dust is nuts) but I'm sure it will be enjoyable living here once all the construction around us gets completed in the next year or so.

The house is as I expected it. That's saying a lot as I was in Japan during the construction and negotiation phase of this. Proper communication was vital and I am pleased with how that all went.

Blenkie in Calgary

Sharon and her team where amazing throughout the entire house buy/building process. They provided amazing service and answered all our questions timely.

Our house is amazing. We absolutely love it! Very high quality workmanship.

Will be recommending Trico to friends.

I began my search for a new home in the spring. I was looking for a new home but didn't want to wait the eight or nine months to build. I started asking builders if they had any spec homes and if so what were the floor plans and dates that they would be completed. I found the perfect home with Trico and moved in September 14th of this year. I couldn't be happier. I was able to choose all of the finishings and still move in within the time frame that I was looking for. The quality is great and the experience I had with both the sales team and the design center was wonderful.

More about Trico Homes Inc

Homestars Profile

Since 1992, Trico Homes has built new single and multi-family homes, offering a diverse selection of starter, move-up and semi-estate homes in Calgary, Cochrane and Airdrie. Whether you're looking for a quick possession or something more personalized, Trico’s team of dedicated staff will ensure you’ll find the perfect house to call home.

Over the past 25 years, Trico Homes has built a well-established reputation and is recognized as one of Calgary's top residential builders. With a history of innovation, integrity and community support, we're proud to have built over 9,000 single and multi-family homes. Trico has received numerous accolades, including one of Canada’s 50 Best Managed Companies, Canada’s Best Workplaces, Canada’s Best Workplaces for Women, and has also received several local homebuilding awards.

New Home Builder, New Homes, Condos, Townhomes,
Single-Family Homes, Multi-Family Homes, Apartments, New Condo Projects, New Condo Development, New Communities.

North West Communities