Jeld-Wen Windows & Doors

Reviews for Jeld-Wen Windows & Doors

Joe in Niagara Falls
Joe in Niagara Falls
1 review Niagara Falls, ON

Useless from the top down

1. Existing JeldWen door not closing correctly. You could see light coming through the seal, and feel a strong draft blow through. The result of really poor workmanship. Door and frame not square, not aligned.
2. Repairs led no where. I bought a new door from JeldWen, they were to install for free, since this is a replacement of their shoddy work.
3. Salesman was lazy and didn't help AT ALL with their product line. It was like a scavenger hunt trying to weed through all their links and pdf files because the salesman was useless. I ordered a door from one of their brochures, no thanks to their sales dept.
4. On installation day... wrong door arrived, not even closely resembling the brochure. I had them take it back. Apparently, the door I selected can not be had. Totally misleading sales brochure. What a colossal waste of time and effort.
5. Ordering the door was a task now trying to get a refund is completely frustrating. I got nothing but lip service for the last 2.5 months and still don't have my $1700 back.
6. I escalated the matter to JeldWen CEO. While that seemed to get some attention, it really didn't speed things up. I still have to wait a further 7 to 10 days just for them to "process" my refund. The saga continues.
7. So far, my opinion is that this is a disfunctional company from the very top down. Not the way I would run an operation. I can not be more displeased.

Khil in Grand Forks
Khil in Grand Forks
1 review Bridesville, BC

Window malfunction

The wrong balances (springs) came with the 3 windows for our sunroom and JeldWen would only send the new ones and expected us to install them ourselves since we are “out of their service area”. They also would not compensate us in any way.

Turk30 in Sherwood Park
Turk30 in Sherwood Park
1 review Sherwood Park, AB

Not the quality or warranty that we had expected

We built our "dream home" just over 3 years ago and selected what we thought was a superior window product - triple pane metal clad wood frame (Auralast pine), only to have 7 of our large sealed units fail within the first 3 years. The glass itself is warrantied for 20 years however, the labour required to remove the failed unit and replace with the new window is only covered for 24 months. And the warranty clock starts ticking when the windows are manufactured, not when you take possession of your new home. This time difference took 7 months off of our warranty on labour. Our windows continue to fail, and Jeld Wen basically says, order your replacement glass, get your own contractor and arrange and pay for the replacement costs. We now wish we had looked at different companies with more comprehensive warranties, particularly one affiliated with the better business bureau. We hadn't expected that so many (any) of our windows would have seal failures, and that they would still be appearing 3 years later. The windows we chose for our new home are the biggest disappointment and headache in our new home building experience. We cannot recommend this company to anyone shopping for windows.

FIona in Toronto
FIona in Toronto

Replacement casement windows TERRIBLE

Bought some Jeld-wen casement windows a few years ago at Home Depot and they were fine, did everything we wanted. The last 4 we purchased have been an exercise in absolute frustration. The weather stripping is just a friction fit, not glued in or anything, so EVERY TIME we open a window, it comes out of track. So, we can't ever open the window or we have to get a ladder out to fix it, push weather stripping back in. NEVER BUY THESE, EVER. COMPLETE WASTE OF MONEY So much work to install then they are essentially fixed windows.

Janet Morin in Barrie
Janet Morin in Barrie
10 reviews Barrie, ON

My Jeld-Wen Windows

I bought my Jeld-Wen windows from Lowe's. They came to measure for them. When I had them installed, they had measured incorrectly, and none of them would lift out for cleaning. They came and measured again. This time, they were all too loose!! I have had the windows for a few years now, and the wind and cold blow through them!! I'm not happy with them at all.

Private User reviews Markham, ON

Pathetic

Been trying to get a window replaced that got damaged during installation for 6 months....they are very poor to respond and it's a pity that some builders are contacting them for large jobs!
Even the builder said they are slow to respond to calls
Not recommend them at all!

Private User reviews Nanton, AB

Home renovation window replacements

As part of a major home renovation project, replaced all original windows with new energy efficient, wood frame windows from jeldwen. Within a few years, 3 out of the 10 windows had seal leak. Customer service was terrible-took a year to get a replacement window made. Seemed disorganized and indifferent to customer satisfaction.

KLalonde from MILLARVILLE

403-252-3111
4030 8 Street SE
Calgary
AB

We custom built our home and had 52 custom Jeld-wen windows and doors installed. There is a 10 year warranty. In the first 2 years, the window seals began to fail. Subsequently we've had 5 seals fail on windows and doors. We are still on the 10 yr warranty but Jeldwen will only provide new windows with no installation. We have to pay for install ourselves and find an installer. They do not do install after 2 years. We are very disappointed with the poor quality of the windows. We have only received 1 window and 4 others haven't even been processed. We requested new windows Fall of 2014. Still haven't been processed. Very poor service and disappointing lack of quality. Paying for the installation on all of these windows is astronomical. Unbelievably poor customer service.

Arthur Wriedt from Calgary
Arthur Wriedt from Calgary

Home Renovation

We did a complete renovation on our home which included
new doors and windows. Following and extensive search of window and door options, we chose Jeld-Wen.
Our selection was based on style, construction, delivery time,
and cost. Jeld-wen product met all our need.
We are very happy with our selection, and the doors and windows continue t perform flawlessly.

Janette egginton from Airdrie
Janette egginton from Airdrie
2 reviews Airdrie, AB

windows/Door/patio door

I replaced 12 windows, one main entrance door and patiodoors through one of Jeldwens retailers.We upgraded to Eco-r5 windows.The windows and doors not only look great but have made a difference in our power bills.Jeldwen windows are a little more exspencive but so worth the extra $$$.