Sterling Homes Ltd

Reviews for Sterling Homes Ltd

Matlock in Calgary
Matlock in Calgary

New Home

We built almost 2 years ago and have to say how happy we are with our home and all the work that everyone at Sterling put into our home. We wanted so many changes and they delievered the best they could. They allowed us to to make as many changes with our home as we wanted and always gave us 110% with everything we needed (and we were needy). We had wonderful people in Sage Hill @ Sterling Turning our vision for our new home into exactly what we wanted. Anna, Kari, Rex.. Thank you!!

Calgary in Calgary
Calgary in Calgary
1 review CALGARY, AB

Home build

Our home was built 15 years ago and we have had several years of water damage based issues. After trying various fixes, we started removing siding only to discover gaps in the tar paper, tar paper tucked under flashing or lower layers of tar paper, gaps in the plywood revealing insufficient insulation, etc. When I asked them to own their blatant poor workmanship in the initial build, reimburse $3000 of the $20 000 I have spent on repairs in the least year alone, as well as remove the siding on the remainder of the house and fix the other issues which are obviously a result of similar papering issues, they made excuses and I have not heard from them since. While I appreciate the New Home Warrantee period is over, it would appear they do not stand by their work unless they have to.

V in Royse City
V in Royse City
1 review Royse City, TX

New home building delay

worst experience ever when try to buid a new home with them. It is almost a year from the contract signed, and they haven't start on it yet. I am paying interest on my LOC for the down payment everyday, and they just sitting on it. Never get any follow up from the sales even though they promise every time we meet them face to face... still waiting...

Jen in Edmonton
Jen in Edmonton
1 review EDMONTON, AB

Sterling Homes in Callahan Heights

Worse customer service. Gave us the run around over and over. Sales people were not very helpful and the people at the head office are even less helpful. It was a poorly built home and I would never recommend anyone to buy from them.

Roger  & Denise in Calgary
Roger & Denise in Calgary
1 review CALGARY, AB

New Home Built

We have just built out second house with Sterling Homes, this one in Sage Hill. We would build a third home with them based on quality, service and reputation as a builder of fine homes.
Any deficiencies we have had were always taken care of quickly and in a professional manner by all parties. Sales reps and warranty people have always gone above and beyond in taking care of any issues that have come up. our sales rep even called United Communities to help us take care of issues with the landscaping outside our property and this issue has now been resolved as well.
The people that work at Sterling become good friends and it is almost like going to visit family. We took possession of our house over 1.5 years ago and we still like to visit.
We would definitely recommend Sterling homes to anyone who is in the market for a new home. Excellent homes, excellent people and customer service.

Okotoks in Okotoks
Okotoks in Okotoks
1 review OKOTOKS, AB

New home

First we love our house but hated the process to get here with the builder. House was 6 months late because of constant mistakes with the building process. Wrong size windows that they challenged me on even when I had a signed addendum and wrong fire places that had to me moved after. Lights, stairs had to be moved wrong paint on all trim that had to be redone from brown to white. But the worst part is the sales people when I run into them now are the rudest people I have ever seen and just because of this I would not build again with them. This was my second and last Sterling home. They are builder of the year only because they sell spec homes and the customer never has to be dragged into the building process with very uninformed, unprofessional sales people.

mayer in Calgary
mayer in Calgary

everything is poorly done.

the garage is not level at all, always have water at the middle of the garage when it's winter. the drywall in between has big gaps and a lot of works are cheaply done. not recommending.

N McDonald in Sage Hill Calgary
N McDonald in Sage Hill Calgary
1 review AIRDRIE, AB

New Home Build with Sterling Homes Group

When I saw in the newspaper that Sterling Homes was no longer number one for customer service from the JD Power & Associates survey I was overjoyed! This company is an absolute joke. They treat their customers like garbage. The Vice President of Sales and Construction have left my wife in tears on numerous occassions when we have asked for clarification or want something moved. It all goes back to the inexperienced, unqualified employees who work in the showhome in Sage Hill. They constantly gave us conflicting answers and we are still paying the penalty for these mistakes 6 months later. Customer service is not valued to any of their employees. I have told every single person I know not to build with Sterling and I will continue to tell interested buyers how terrible of a company they are. Do yourselves a favor and build with anyone else in this City.

smark
smark
1 review ,

Home Builder

We chose to build with Sterling becasue we liked the design and we though we were getting value for money. The realtor and mortage specialist they refered us to were awful! We bought before the market picked up so there was no reason for our house to be late, but they are running late. All the other builders in the area (competitor name removed --Ed) and working 10 times harder than Sterling! There crews are out evening and weekends. After 4 there is no one at our house. They pay no attention to security and safety and have left the doors and windows open after work hours resulting in some potential water damage to our house. W e love our house but are not happy with Sterling at all. They say that ever it takes to get us to be quite. They say they are working hard on our house and are aiming to get it down early but the letters they send us in the mail state something very different

Looking for Builders pros in Calgary?