Ottawa Carpentry

HomeStars  >  Concrete Contractors in Nepean  >  Ottawa Carpentry

Review for Ottawa Carpentry

1 review Ottawa, ON

Roofing, Framing, Foundation Work

I had a REALLY BAD experience with Ottawa Carpentry. Would never recommend. They hugely overcharged for what I've re-confirmed was a cheap roofing job that I had another roofing company inspect and then hire to re-do and fix some of their work. They tried to charge me $3,750 + HST for a cheap, 1 roofing membrane torched over my existing garage flat roof of 3.5 squares (350 sq. ft.)! 4 hours of work! I did not agree to pay that, and still I overpaid at $3,000.00 to get them out, once and for all. The reputable roofing company I had to hire after them confirmed this is too much for the actual work Ottawa Carpentry did. Ottawa Carpentry does not tell you when they will be there to do work, and then stall when you keep asking. Then a crew (always subcontractors...another warning sign) shows up unannounced and tries to re-negotiate the work they're supposed to do, only to suit their $$$ needs and not yours. Try complaining and the owner ignores you and sends an invoice. Their framers that came before the roofers removed garage roof joist supports without my knowledge or consent, and then promised that Ottawa Carpentry would be back right away to take care of re-installing supports and doing the roofing. They came back 1 MONTH later and the joists moved down. I warned them about this, but they ignored my concerns and said "it wasn't a problem". They either don't understand basic engineering or don't care. Again, more expense and trouble at my end. Getting BBB involved so at least others will be forewarned.