Palma Door Systems

Reviews for Palma Door Systems

Esther in Mississauga
Esther in Mississauga

2 rotting doors!

I had 2 doors installed in 2012 by another company who used Palma doors. They were great and we loved them until earlier this year I looked at the one leading to the garage from outside and noticed that it was rotting at the bottom on the inside spine. My company contacted Palma who agreed to replace the door for a service charge of $170 (incl tax). They came and did it and when the guy left I happened to look at the other door, which had been originally installed at the same time. I could not believe that it was also rotting in the same spot! I contacted my door company who came out to look at this one - they had only gone by a picture I sent for the first one - and had Palma contact me to arrange ordering another one. I was to pay the $170 again as we were into 2 service calls now. However, I never even thought to check the other door when we noticed the first one...I assumed it was just a defect in the first one....NEVER dreamt it would happen to the second door as well. Obviously there is a huge issue with the doors this company is putting out. Our original doors were just builder doors that had been there for 25 years and were not rotting at all. There is no water getting at these doors...Palma cannot even give me an answer as to why this could happen. So I've paid out almost $400 to have 2 doors replaced that lasted just 6 years! Doors I paid $4000 out for!!!! Do not use doors from this company....this is an expensive repair for doors that should have lasted for years. They added a piece of hard plastic? to the new ones - they obviously know something!! But still charged me $400!!!! Nice girl on the phone....nice guy that did the replacements but not nice doors!

Sarah S in Burlington
Sarah S in Burlington
1 review Burlington, ON

Front Door

Front door panels started to rust and it would run down the front of the door. The door sill cracked in the threshold, and the locking mechanism broke. Repeated attempts to contact Palma via both email and phone calls were ignored and I eventually gave up. Door is five years old and looks terrible. I had it painted to seal and cover up the rust at my own expense.

Gus from Toronto
Gus from Toronto

Front door glass inserts

The front door glass inserts broke on their own within 6 months of purchasing. We were given new ones which we paid for again because they do not have a warranty according to Peter. We are very unhappy with the lack of customer service & would never recommend Palma Door Systems to anyone.

Tom & Ina Tranquada from Orangeville
Tom & Ina Tranquada from Orangeville
1 review Orangeville, ON

Entry Doors

In the process of choosing a style of entry door with glass insert, we had some questions which could really only be answered by us actually viewing the product, so a telephone call to Palma Doors ensued. We had read an article that said Palma's staff was very friendly, helpful and knowledgeable... well, we sure found out that that was true! Right from the start, our salesman Jim really knew his stuff, and made us feel at ease. Paula at the manufacturing facility was so sweet and helpful, she ended up extending an invitation to us to come in and view their operation in process, so that we could see some actual doors, and various glasses. (It's difficult to get an accurate idea of opaqueness from any picture.) Peter in operations, took the time to give us some insight, showed us what we needed to see, and generally was very helpful. In the process of walking through the plant, we couldn't help but notice the level of detail the technicians were applying, to make certain the product ended up being top quality! In the end, we could make our decision with confidence. Our whole experience with Jim, Paula and Peter has been such a pleasure, we would recommend Palma Doors to everyone!

Delighted from Oakville
Delighted from Oakville

Garden Doors

I had three sets of Palma doors installed by a door and window company but they were extremely drafty. Finally the company arranged for Palma to come and, after checking the doors, they sent THEIR service person in very quickly. He spent several hours doing necessary adjustments. End result - my cold rooms are now perfectly warm,. I have had many service people to my homes and none of them have been as capable as Palma's. He was totally committed to making sure that the doors were perfectly installed. This really is a quality of service that we rarely see nowadays.