Public Storage

Review for Public Storage

Mina in Scarborough
Mina in Scarborough

Renting storage unit

When I first called, I spoke with Sabrina who was very friendly but didn't volunteer information like the fact they were having a $1.00 for the first month special. When I brought that up, she said that it was for a bigger unit. Of course I opted for that since it would be cheaper in the long run. However, she did reserve the unit without asking but I was fine with that. The day before the move, I went to their office to do the paper work. This is where I became unhappy. It was 5:30PM and they close at 6:00PM which was plenty of time to fill out the paperwork. Sabrina ended up charging me for that day. When I disputed that, she remarked that I didn't tell her it was for the next day and that that was the way the computer was set up and if I wanted to move in the next day, I should have come the next day. I let her know that I disagreed with paying for that day when I'm not moving the items until the next day and I wouldn't have time the next day as I would be bringing a moving company (didn't want to pay them extra for waiting around). Since they close at 6PM, I assumed that was the end of the day. She said the office closed at 6PM but access is given until 9PM which is how she justified paying for that day. She kept arguing that I didn't tell her that it was for the next day. Since this was my first time renting a storage unit, I believe it is her job to tell me everything. I should mention we arrived in a car with no items to move into the unit and we parked just outside of the office window.