Rawlinson Moving & Storage Ltd

Reviews for Rawlinson Moving & Storage Ltd

Brent in Toronto
Brent in Toronto

Local Move by Rawlinson Moving - Storage

We searched around for referenced moving companies and identified two that we would meet with and get quotes. I had been in the moving business for 8 years through school so had an idea what I expected and unfortunately what could happen.

Duane came by the house and reviewed requirements. We were doing a local move of a 4 BR to a larger sq ft bungalow. As it was a few streets over I thought one day would do. Duane advised that it might be best to plan for two days, one to load and second to offload as his experience was that there is often a delay in getting keys to the new home. His team would wait if I wanted but at an hourly rate it would be cheaper for me to split over two days.

As it turned out Duane was right and the keys were late but the crew did give us the option to do it all in one day if we did get the key early.
Morning of the move the team arrived (Shawn, Ian, Terrance) and introduced themselves. They reviewed contents, any special instructions, inquired what I wanted to do (take beds apart, table apart) or advised that they could do it all, again presented options to reduce their time and my cost.

They started to wrap all chairs and furniture with pads and tape. Floor runners were placed anywhere they would walk. No furniture left the house without being wrapped. Beds were placed in plastic bags.
I made sure they had plenty of drinks and food (it’s what every home owner should do!!) and stayed out of their way.

8 hours later the trucks (2 as we were moving into a circle so roads were tight) were loaded and we agreed to restart in the morning.
8:30 am they arrived and again reviewed the layout, placed floor runners and inquired about any special instructions. They finished the move around 14:00 and inquired asked if we could take another look to ensure everything was done (they actually walked with us) to our satisfaction.

Very impressed with the all-round service, professionalism and understanding by the team to provide options to reduce costs by advising the home owners of any tasks they can do (but not required).

I would (and have) referenced Rawlinson to my friends and family. I recommend that you include them in any moving plans to at least get a quote and hear their plans.

V. Fullard in Etobicoke
V. Fullard in Etobicoke

Efficient and Professional

There's nothing quite like an old-school professional moving company. From the first visit from their sales rep to my house to estimate the cost in person, to the efficient and highly professional moving crew, Rawlinson made my move from large house to small apartment with absolutely zero stress. I'd had a bad experience with some furniture delivery guys who couldn't get a couch up the 4 stairs to my apartment (and my upstairs neighbour had the same trouble with her movers just a couple weeks ago) so I was leary of hiring just any couple guys with a truck, who quoted over the phone. I'm so glad I went with the pros -- they brought in even my piano with ease. As another plus, they supply boxes, which you can return for a refund. Thanks Ravi and crew!!

Jenn in Mississauga
Jenn in Mississauga

Cross Border and Local Moves

We have used Rawlinson Moving and Storage for several moves locally and cross border and have been most impressed by the exceptional service we received.

Right from the initial planning stages for our move, we were supported throughout the process. The team was prompt and courteous and took great care when packing our goods. Time was spent to assist us in completing the necessary paperwork for our goods to cross the border and regular updates were provided. When our goods arrived at our final destination, they were placed and unpacked with care and attention to detail. The driver and crew made sure we were satisfied and answered all of our questions to our satisfaction. Packing materials were cleared and our home was left in pristine condition.

While it is recommended to reserve well in advance particularly during peak season, the Rawlinson team made every effort to accommodate our moves even on short notice. Their attention to detail and quality is commendable but it is their customer-centered focus that will keep us coming back.

I would highly recommend Rawlinson Moving and Storage and we will most certainly use this company again for our future local and international Moving needs.

long,long overdue review!!!

It was a year yesterday that Rawlinson moved us from Mississauga to London. They held our furniture for two day and delivered it to our new home on July 1st. The move from our home in Mississauga was flawless. They painstakingly wrapped our furniture to make sure nothing would be damaged as that was our main concern doing such a huge move. They moved our furniture into our new house with the same care they took in our other home without damage to our furniture or house. The move was daunting and we had a lot to deal with so we neglected to send this review as we are really now just settled in. So we would and will gladly recommend Rawlinson to anyone who need a reliable moving company as we were very,very happy with the service and will use them again if we decide to move.

Private User reviews East Gwillimbury, ON

Moving service

Moved a very full household. Lousy winter weather but Abby and his crew of Chris, Mike, Brian and Cody were terrific. Quick, careful, professional and personable. It was a long day but we were very pleased with Rawlinson.

Paul in Toronto
Paul in Toronto

3 Major home moves

I have used Rawlinson Moving on two occasions - on a move to the UK and on the return to Canada. We had a 3 bedroom house to move. As someone who had never moved like that before we had lots of questions and anxiety.

Jim at Rawlinson was able to answer all our questions and gave us comfort that we were in good hands. The paperwork and export details were made easy for us and "goof-proof". On packing day Bevan and Ben showed up with all the appropriate materials, including putting temporary floor covering down to protect our floors. They packed and labeled everything, all while keeping a detailed inventory of items that was very helpful at the other end when we were unpacking.

I wouldn't hesitate to recommend Rawlinson to anyone - the are professional, courteous, and understand how stressful moving can be.

Thanks team!

Jennifer  from Toronto
Jennifer from Toronto

Moving

This was my second time using this company. The first time was great. This time was terrible. Lloyd and Mike tried to take advantage of me. I was only moving a bedroom, entertainment unit and some boxes and it took them seven and a half hours when my last move was a fully packed three bedroom apartment including a bowflex and it only took seven hours. How did this happen? Well they started charging me when they arrived at the warehouse in the morning to pack the truck even though I was only supposed to pay for travel time and Mike took some time out of moving to watch ants eat a piece of chicken that fell from his sandwich in my driveway and he had the nerve to tell me this when I caught him. I had to ask them to hurry up as I had an elevator booked at the new location and they were taking so long. To top it off they damaged my pottery barn dresser. It is now almost the end of business the next day and Ivan the manager has yet to return my call to discuss my situation.

B Muir in Bolton
B Muir in Bolton
3 reviews Caledon, ON

House move

We used Rawlinson when we sold our house in Bolton and moved to Haliburton area. Duanne was our main contact. We have absolutely no regrets in choosing this company. The contract was clear and easy to understand so there were no surprises. Their price was competitive, we never go with lowest price because you get what you pay for. We have no hesitation in recommending this company. There team was professional and courteous. When they finished, both places were spotless. If we need to move again, these are our go-to guys.

Fei Guo from Thornhill

Anu from Milton
Anu from Milton
1 review Milton, ON

Moving

Tom from Rawlinson came out and gave a quote. He was really friendly and showed me all sorts of great reviews for his service so I booked. The day of the move, three movers came, which is what I requested as I had the elevator booked and needed to be done the move in a 2 hour window. The problem was that only two of the 3 guys worked - the third stood around. Because of this, we were late with the elevator and had to work a deal with the people who booked it in the time slot after ours. Then, in Milton, the same two people were working and the third one stood around. Because of the fact that only two people worked, the number of hours for the move went from 6 hours quoted to 10.75 hours billed. I have been trying to get a hold of Tom but he is no where to be found. We had a number of people in my office moving over the past month and I told them to steer clear of Rawlilnson.

More about Rawlinson Moving & Storage Ltd

Whether you’re relocating in the same city or moving your family overseas, we’re capable of handling all your moving needs, including short and long term storage. Our professional moving and storage services and advanced technology enable us to make your move simple, stress-free and affordable.
Looking for Moving & Storage pros in Malton?