Phillips Moving & Storage

Phillips Moving & Storage

Reviews for Phillips Moving & Storage

L Ward Mather in North York
L Ward Mather in North York

Cross continent move ends badly

I used Phillips about 4 years ago (Toronto to LA) and was relatively happy. Hardly anything got damaged. They seemed professional and to take customer service seriously. Now, 4 years later, I was returning to Toronto so I asked them to handle it. They had a local North American van line company (Andy's Transfer) pack my stuff. They were careless and surly. Then, on the other end, some of my stuff turned out to be missing. The driver saw broken bins and told me. Also, he repacked some of the loose stuff in boxes. But the company claims there's no evidence of loss! -- even though their own employee was a witness! It's really surprising and sad. I accepted the high price tag, assuming that if something went wrong, they would take responsibility. But, apparently, once they got my $15,000, they lost interest. It's really too bad.

We are sorry to hear about you experience Lisa. It certainly did not live up to our standards. We know that you have spoken to our claims manager since posting this review and we know he is working to assist you in resolving any issues.

Mahfuz C. in North York
Mahfuz C. in North York

Run away from this company!

I rarely write reviews but this company gave me such a tough time and insulted me to such an extent that I had to write a review to warn other people. Please don't fall for the great reviews on Google. I did and I suffered. Run, run, and run some more away from this company.

I had the most frustrating experience in my life with this moving company, where Katy Duncan was the person handling my move. If you see an email from Katy Duncan, run away as far as possible. Because of her mistakes in handling my cross-border move, I received my furniture/stuffs 35 days late. As a result, I had to buy all necessary stuffs/funiture/kitchen items that cost me $1000+ to live these 35 days. Not only that, they held my stuffs hostage unless I pay them extra money for their own mistakes, so I ended up paying $200 extra besides receiving my stuffs 35 days late and incurring additional $1000+ on my own. Further, the psychological and emotional trauma they subjected me to was insane. Katy was incompetent and extremely rude. Besides she will blame you for mistakes she makes and won't hesitate to make false statements one after another. The company Phillips will protect her without giving any consideration to the customer's side of the story. I basically begged to them several times to give my case to somebody else other than Katy as I had lost confidence and trust in her. But they did not.

In short, neither I nor any person I know of ever had such a frustrating, humiliating, and traumatic experience with any company in buying any type of service in my life. I am deeply suspicious of the good google reviews for this company. If my experiences were anything to go by, they should receive zero rating (or minus rating if that were possible).

Aoife in Toronto
Aoife in Toronto

BEWARE Worst Movers Ever

It started with no communication as to what time the truck would arrive. Then sent a truck not big enough for the load, after salesperson had seen all for quote. The movers asked me to pick them up lunch and drinks when not hiding. They sent the Inside Salesperson alone the next day for the rest of the load. He needed to use my cellphone to call for help.
Only time the coordinator did communicate was when she demanded money while I was driving across country days late.
My baby grand piano arrived in pieces as did a number of boxes. Was told the second load would arrive sometime. They denied claim for piano because I did not have "uncrating" which was never offered or discussed at anytime. Shame on me for not knowing by osmosis that the huge cost to handle piano did not cover
everything.
Horrible company from a to z.

Aoife, i am very sorry that we let you down. I totally understand if you don't want to put anymore time into this but if you do, I can be reached directly at peter@phillipsmoving.com

Jeff in Bath
Jeff in Bath
1 review Odessa, ON

Newmarket to Bath

A great overall experience with this moving company. Everything I was told was executed perfectly, from the time they showed up to load, to the time they showed up to unload. The floors and furniture were properly protected, and nothing was damaged. Thomas, Tony and John (I hope I got the names right) made the move enjoyable, and were very friendly and efficient. 5 stars!!!

Jeff, thanks so much for the review. We appreciate it and we will share with your crew (yes, you go their names right!). All the best.

Allan in Cranbrook
Allan in Cranbrook
1 review Red Deer, AB

Great move

This was one of the most professional moves cross country I have ever had ( I have had 3). Phillips went above and beyond my expectations. The guys they had handling the move in Toronto and Red Deer AB were professional, courteous and great to deal with. I have nothing but praise to offer Phillips , and I made my feeling know to the owner.
Thanks guys yuo are awesome

Allan

Thanks Allan. We appreciate you taking the time to write this. All the best out west!

Madame O
Madame O

Flexible & Reliable ... What more can you ask for?

I moved from Fredericton to Toronto and needed to store my things during renovation of my new Toronto home. Phillips was recommended to me by my mover in NB. I found Peter to be very responsive and empathetic when I needed to reschedule the move three times! Importantly Peter was proactive in making sure everything was scheduled correctly. The team showed up ahead of schedule (when does that ever happen?!) with an extra guy (crazy?!) and worked right through to the end. U like other companies I have worked with, this group of guys actually seemed to I,e each other and took pride in their work. I work in the area of Customer Experience and so my recommendation doesn't come lightly. Would I recommend this company to my closest friends and family? Oh yes!

Unreliable

I booked service 3 weeks before moving of one bedroom apt. Estimate less than 2000. First on the moving day they are 1hr late. After moving they charged me $ 2880. Strongly unrecommended.

Private User reviews Central Okanagan, BC

Movind Company

We were moving provinces under the gun to get my girls into a new schools on time. Pete and his boys are awesome!! No need to worry if these guys are fly by night. Complete pros, they know what they're doing. Moving is stressful enough, and these guys take some of that stress off of you. Worth every cent. Thanks again!

Thank you for the review. We understand that sometimes there is no minute like the last minute. Glad we could help get you and your family relocated.

Veronica from Santa Rosa
Veronica from Santa Rosa

Long distance move

I can't say enough good things about Phillips Moving & Storage and North American Van Lines. From the initial quotation all the way through to delivery and dealing with a small insurance claim, I have been very impressed by the level of service I received.

Laura, Katy and Maureen in the office were super helpful with my quotation and with answering any pre-move questions I had (this was a move from Toronto to the USA so it was a bit more complex than what I was used to). I opted for the full packing service (I highly recommend you get this!!! Three polite friendly men packed my whole one bedroom apartment in 6 hours) with the highest level of insurance (0 deductible), and even with this wonderful level of service and coverage, the Phillips quote was still over $1000 less than the other quote I received from a competitor!

I had a brain fart occur and left my passport in a dresser which I needed for f light the next day and the owner of the firm, Peter, saved the day by coming in at 6 AM to help me get it from the warehouse!!! Thank you so much again for that - I am so grateful.

Everything arrived on time (all my furniture and belongings were cheerily unloaded and delivered, in the rain no less, by ONE man!) and there were a few minor things damaged or soiled, but I put through a claim on the insurance and this was dealt with very promptly and efficiently by North American. Thank you so much for a great job, Phillips and North American!!! A+++

Veronica, we were so glad you were able to make your flight! Thanks for the kind words and all the best in California.

Andrea from Toronto
Andrea from Toronto

Moving within Toronto

In August 2014, we hired Phillips Moving and Storage to help us move from a 2 bedroom house to our new 3 bedroom home in Toronto. After meeting and receiving quotes from 3 different moving companies, we decided to go with Phillips because of their reasonable rates and excellent service. It was our initial meeting with Carmine, who came to make an assessment of the number of movers and time required to complete our move, that helped seal the deal for us. He was extremely professional, explained his assessment to us clearly and followed up promptly with a thorough quote the same day. He also gave us some tips on how we could make the move faster (e.g. labeling all the boxes clearly, bringing all the boxes downstairs, packing up our artwork in advance if we could, etc.) which we really appreciated. We received a courtesy call the day before the move to confirm timing for the following day. The moving crew we had (Hugo, Shawn and Calvin) arrived on time, and went right to work. They worked quickly and efficiently, and were both professional and friendly. They even laid out a platform directly from our front entrance to the truck side door, which allowed them to use a dolly and avoid walking up and down the front steps. They wrapped up all our furniture with care, and were able to maneuver the large items out of our tight doorway without having to take the hinges off the door! They also wrapped up our TV with blankets rather than making us pay for a TV box (saving us a bit of cash as well). Unlike other moving crews we have used before, they did not take any smoke breaks throughout the day. The move into the new house was very fast, and the crew completed the job faster than our original quote had stated (7 hours instead of 9 - that includes travel time), which saved us a few hundred dollars in the end. They even helped my husband re-assemble our bed frame, which made getting settled into the new house so much easier. We were really pleased with the service we received from start to finish. They left absolutely no marks on any of the walls or floors. Our furniture was moved in perfect condition. Highly recommend the crew we had!

More about Phillips Moving & Storage

Phillips Moving & Storage, the Toronto agent for North American Moving Services, is celebrating 90 years of service. Whether you are moving across town, across Canada, across the border or across the world. . . We'll Get You There!
Looking for Moving & Storage pros in North York?