Orbit International Moving Logistics Ltd

Reviews for Orbit International Moving Logistics Ltd

miles
miles

Move to the USA

Exceptional service and communication from all staff members at the office and the actual movers themselves. They made a stressful period of moving to the usa during covid such an easy experience. Everything was so well packed, everything arrived in perfect condition. Could not be happier with their service

Hello Miles,
Thank you for the wonderful review and for taking the time to share your feedback with us. Our priority is customer service and we are ecstatic that we met that mark! Kind folks like you make our job a pleasure.

Excellent destination handling

Orbit was my destination handler when moving back home after a few years in Asia so I did not choose them by myself but If I need to move internationally again Orbit will be my choice.

Jacob at Orbit helped and explained everything about the delivery and customs process and everything was delivered into my property by the professional delivery team at Orbit lead by Alex.

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave us this amazing review, and mentioning Jacob and Alex. We’ll be sure to share your praises with them!

Brett in Toronto
Brett in Toronto

International Move

I used Orbit for my move from Toronto to New York City and also for my return move home from New York City to Toronto. In both instances, they looked after the heavy lifting for customs/forms and were professional in terms of the packing and delivery of the goods. Never had an issue with any damaged goods and they exceeded my expectations in the amount of time it took for the goods to arrive at the end destination. They made it easy and stress-free which is all you can ask for in a mover. Would definitely use them again for another cross-border move.

Marlene Segal in North York
Marlene Segal in North York

Packing and moving a lift of household items from Toronto to Israel

The process went very smoothly and satisfactorily. After contacting Orbit, a company representative came to my home to be shown the types and quantity of items that I want to ship from Toronto to Israel. Within a few days I had an assessment of the cost of packing, shipping and delivery of the lift, as well as insurance. Anytime I had any questions, I called my Orbit representative and was given clear answers and assistance.
The packing process was done very carefully to avoid any breakage and efficiently and each box was numbered and labelled to ensure ease in unpacking.
I was given contact information for the delivery in Israel. Sonigo was the company that handled the delivery.. The delivery also was very efficiently done and the team placed the boxes where I requested. There was no breakage.

Anand
Anand

Poor communication; decent movers if customer micro-manages

We started out feeling great about Orbit because they sent a person to our home to look at the move. We walked the person through the house and showed them what's being moved. This included bookshelves, closets with clothes and drawers. Orbit quotes by the volume, not weight. Two days after the visit we got a quote for approx. $3500. This included a number of boxes for our books and clothes. The move was booked for Aug 9. We got very little information from the movers and had to call them to get confirmation on the move. We were also advised by the person visiting the house not to take insurance - later opposite advice was given by another employee.

On the day of the move, the company sent fewer packers than needed, and suddenly the volume estimate by the packers doubled leaving us with a bill for $8000. This was shocking. In addition, we learned that they would not move liquids which meant that we had to leave things behind which we had other ways of moving.

The move itself went smoothly and a different company unpacked us in Calgary. They noticed also that some of the packing was shoddy. In other cases we noticed that too much paper was stuffed into boxes or pots were packed empty taking up excess volume. We have over 25 large recycling bags full of paper which was used as stuffing.

If you decide to go with this company, make sure that you get them to give you an accurate estimate - overestimation of boxes might be better as the cost is higher for volume beyond their original estimate. You'll have to be very active in engaging with them even thought they promise a "stress free" move and ask lots of questions and push for timelines and paperwork.

They seem to be stretched and the explanation I got for the improper information was that the person who gave us the first quote was working 16 hour days and might have made a mistake - which I understand and empathize with, but had to pay dearly for. We would have gone with other movers (we had 3 quotes) had we been priced accurately in the first place. So be cautious and ask lots of questions!

mashi in Toronto
mashi in Toronto

Moving

Our move with orbit was vey organized and extremely professional.
The movers were hard working, dedicated and very considered. They respected our belonging, and packed really well. office staff was great as well. I would highly recommend Orbit for any move.

Brooklynn Zhu in Old Toronto
Brooklynn Zhu in Old Toronto

Great Moving Experience

Orbit Moving is very impressive, from the free volume estimation service to the item pick-ups. All the Orbit staffs were super helpful. They indeed made the moving experience a worry-free one. That totally changed my view of moving.

International Moving

They Don’t care about customer needs, they changed the quote last minute at the premises when the container was loaded and I had no more choice. Hidden charges which result in extra cost and lots of problems at destination. When I complained nobody want to help me and they tried blame me for their lack of seriousness. Poor service. I’m very disappointed. I will never recommend their services even to my worst enemy.

Private User reviews Newmarket, ON

Receipt & delivery of furniture to Canada from Europe

The process of receiving our family furniture after a death in the family overseas, was a seamless and positive experience. Orbit's administration in Toronto was helpful and instructional throughout the arrival and Customs process. The delivery men were exceptional. They were gentle and considerate of our goods, and efficient and helpful with delivery and installation. Our only additional comment, with feedback on the process - would be that since there were two companies involved (Shipper from Netherlands, Receiver/Orbit Toronto) - that it would have been helpful to have the documentation requirements in advance of the arrival week when everything had to happen very quickly to clear customs. Perhaps each company believed the other would provide this information in advance; but 5 days notice is insufficient for special documentation required for Customs (eg; verified/authentic copies of Will documents etc). This is 'additional' feedback on an otherwise excellent experience. Thank you for making this process of receiving our antiques & memories - a seamless and positive experience.

Christie in Toronto
Christie in Toronto

Quick easy move

Needed a mover for international move with short notice Jared set everything up in a day and helped pack last minute things. The process was quick and easy everything arrived quickly and in good condition.

More about Orbit International Moving Logistics Ltd

We provide free, no-obligation estimates, listen to your concerns, and find the best solutions suited to meeting your international relocation needs. Whether you’re international shipping from Canada your family, your business or just need ocean or air freight, Orbit is a shipper which can arrange worldwide shipping for you to ...
Looking for Moving & Storage pros in North York?