McNally Piano Movers

McNally Piano Movers

Reviews for McNally Piano Movers

privacycollective
privacycollective

They bailed on the tuning & kept my money - Terrible Communication- Do Not Recommend

Paid for piano move plus tuning. Move went fine but I called every week for a month and spoke with Jeff who always said “his guy” would phone the following week to book the tuning. “His guy” never phoned. 5 weeks later I phoned Jeff, who told me “his guy” wouldn’t travel to my location to tune my piano after all (I wonder when they were going to tell me that if I hadn’t phoned again). Jeff said “his guy” etransferred a refund to some bogus email address I never heard of. I gave him my correct email address. Finally received my refund. The move part was fine but the follow up communication was unsatisfactory.

Review has 1 previous version

We are very sorry for the issue of your tuning it is not in our normal service area for our tuners. We tried the best we could. We sent the e-transfer the minute we found out the correct email address. All you would have had to do is call us to say you did not receive it. We have sent the e-transfer to the email address you supplied

CAB in Toronto
CAB in Toronto

Piano move and tuning

McNally moved my mum's beautiful old upright grand to our new house and at the same time moved our (extremely heavy) digital piano to our basement. The company was very responsive and reliable, and the team was friendly and professional. I would certainly use McNally again.

Thank you so much for the nice words, it was a pleasure working with you.

Yamile
Yamile
1 review Kitchener, ON

Donated piano

When my 2 children and I came to Canada 12 years ago from Cuba we were starting out with nothing. Mr. McNally donated a piano to us because he wanted the children to play; he said he believes it helps them to grow in many ways in life. We have had many years of pleasure out of this piano but we no longer use it, so I called Mr. McNally and he told me about his plans to send pianos down to Cuba! He came ad picked the piano up for no charge and it will now make many children very happy in a school or community center in a place where they have almost no pianos. On behalf of myself, my children and the Cuban people, THANK YOU for all you have done and continue to do.

Catherine S. in
Catherine S. in

Moved baby grand & upright pianos

McNally Piano movers are professional, reliable, knowledgeable and pleasant. From my initial phone call to the day of the move, Ken was always helpful and accommodating even when I had to change the date. His team of movers were excellent as well! They moved an upright down a small staircase without a scratch on the walls or the piano and they disassembled and reassembled the baby grand piano very efficiently. Ken and his staff understood that these pianos are family heirlooms and handled them with care. I would recommend them without hesitation!

dschembri in Toronto
dschembri in Toronto

Pianno Move

I had an excellent experience with McNally movers! They did the job on budget and will no hassles. Even after a problem came up due to extreme weather, they looked after things fairly. Thanks guys! Dennis

Marie Descent in Toronto
Marie Descent in Toronto

Perfect Piano Move

I recently hired McNally Piano Movers to move two pianos. I was very impressed and pleased with their professionalism, skill and efficiency. They managed to move a great big old upright grand up and down several stairs and around tight corners as if it weighed nothing, and then they moved another piano from my basement and out the side door and around the garage, all in a very short time. I will certainly use their services again and will recommend them to my friends and family.

Sajjad
Sajjad
1 review Simcoe County, ON

Broke Piano's leg, took full money, avoiding any communication

I dealt with someone named Jeff. On phone sounded very polite. On the day of move, sent two men who moved my first ever piano from pick up location to my home (under 3kms of drive). On mounting the stairs to my home, they broke one of the legs. Refused to take it to the basement, stating an additional man will be needed (I had mentioned at time of order where I wanted it to go). Justified it by saying the other leg seemed to have a seam indicating it broke also. Forced me to pay up in full. I contacted Jeff who said McNally has a reputation to maintain and he would do a tuning, fix the leg and see if it can be moved to the basement. It was a gift from my wife and I now have put my recording on hold. I pleaded with several emails but no response from Jeff. I wish I had chosen another mover.

I'm so sorry to hear this!
Please contact me personally @ 1-877-54PIANO and I will have the repairs and the internal move downstairs done immediately or I will return your money.
I apologize for the inconvenience and I will rectify the problem.
Sincerely,

Markus from Toronto
Markus from Toronto

Extremely negligent or criminal?

McNally had stored two of my pianos for a few years. I e-mailed Ken McNally in February of 2015 about wanting to get my pianos out of storage and delivered to my house. Since then, I have been avoided, repeatedly deceived and ignored. It has been 18 months since my initial contact with Kenny regarding getting my pianos out of storage.
The story I have been told is that my pianos have been lost! Then they were found. Then they were being delivered to my house, with several promised delivery dates- all no shows. Now they have gone back to being lost again. I have been promised replacements with no follow through from Ken McNally or Jeff Sheppard.
When I've spoken to Jeff on the phone (if someone answers at all), he says he doesn't work for the company anymore. He just answers phones for them... ugh..? When you call the phone number for this company, it directs you to Jeff's voicemail.
I was understanding when Ken told me that he couldn't deliver my pianos due to a loss in the family and some unfortunate restructuring of the company. At this point though I don't know if I'll ever see my pianos, OR any compensation from this company unless I take them to small claims court.
This company is either totally negligent, or just criminal.

Hey Markus,
You're completely justified in your outrage, we certainly have dropped the ball in how we have dealt with this situation. Please check your email, I've sent you a message with several options to solve this problem including a monetary offer.
I'm know you're aware of the reasons behind this fiasco and I do appreciate the patience you have shown, it's been more than generous.
Again, please accept my humble apologies and I will make good on this issue.
Sincerely,

Private User reviews Hamilton, ON

Piano Move

I could not have been more impressed with the movers from McNally. They were professional, beyond proficient, efficient and friendly. They came in with a quote that was lower than many others and it was exactly what I was charged - no hidden costs or on-site issues. They moved world's heaviest piano down a flight of stairs and there was absolutely no damage to the piano, walls, or carpeting. I loved how they called the night before and the morning of the move to confirm timing. That meant no waiting around. I would definitely rehire this company for any move. There can be a lot of anxiety when moving items that are expensive or have strong sentimental value so your anxiety can be put to rest with McNally; one of the most professional and trustworthy companies I have ever dealt with.

Rachel G. in Thornhill
Rachel G. in Thornhill
1 review Whitby, ON

Moved my Grand Upright Piano

Although my piano was huge and very heavy and my door was really narrow with a weird setback, you still managed to maneuver it into my living room! I am impressed - takes a lot of skill and experience to be able to pull that off ! You are professional and also honest - Thank you Ken . So glad we engaged your service and I will recommend you to all my friends for sure.

More about McNally Piano Movers

You wouldn't trust your Ferrari to a Honda mechanic, would you? Then don't trust your piano to a furniture mover! We have 20 years experience moving only pianos! At McNally Piano Movers, each and every piano is treated with the same care and respect, whether it's worth $50. 00 or ...
Looking for Piano Moving & Tuning pros in Toronto?