Picture Perfect

A.E. in North York
A.E. in North York
6 reviews North York, ON

Custom Art Framing

I purchased 2 deals through Living Social for art framing services at Artcreations.com (aka... "Picture Perfect" in Concord, Ontario). I took 2 original art pieces to this place for framing. At first, I noticed that their limited selection of frames and mats, and the owners arguing over how to do the job properly, probably meant they were either new in this business, or not very serious about this line of work. I was a bit nervous leaving my art with them, but I had to use my deal before it expired and thought maybe it would be good to support an underdog business with my money.

When I picked up the art, one piece, a 17" square charcoal rubbing, was not protected by glass in the frame, as we discussed in the quote. I checked the invoice to see if it had been itemized - it hadn't so I let the issue go. But I did notice that the work was not even centered in the frame. We talked about a 2" border. The receipt SAYS 2" border. Instead, It's 2" on the left and 3" on the right and 2.5" on top and bottom.

When I asked the owner, Errol, if he thought it was centered, he said "what do you mean?" I could tell he was being impertinent so I asked him again. "Well... I guess the border is wider on the right..." I said - that's what I mean. He then tried to dismiss the issue by saying what a wonderful framing job it was and how lucky I'd been and I was making a mountain out of a molehill.

Apparently I was also being disrespectful when I asked them to take responsibility for the error. I thought that was in my right after spending $100 on a botched framing job.

This is my first experience with a deal from Living Social, and it has been a sour one, I'm sorry to say. Not having seen any reviews on this company, I probably should have given them some cheap posters to frame instead, and taken my art to Ken's Framing down the street.
I