Jay's Moving & Storage Ltd

Reviews for Jay's Moving & Storage Ltd

saskdude in Saskatoon
saskdude in Saskatoon
2 reviews Saskatoon, SK

You will regret it...not sure how this company is even in business.

I recently use Jays moving for an out of province move from AB to SK. My experience with the sales rep. was very professional and commendable. I choose this company because it seemed like a reputable company. The move was an turned out to be a disaster with lack of accountability on the company's part for a breakdown in its processes and overall poor handling of the situation.

1. There was significant damage to my furniture that pointed to extremely careless handling. Things appeared to have been thrown around with wooden chairs that were completely split and legs from my sofa broken off and the wood was split. (pics of damage attached)

2. Most of the items were not physically tagged in keeping with the company's processes for tracking and identifying items. The moving agents advised me that they weren't sure why the items were not physically tagged. This made it impossible to check off items against their inventory and condition sheet.

3. Over 80% of the item did not have a tag number on the inventory and condition sheet to reference. This is a mandatory part of their process to verify and track items, yet it was mostly ignored and done very sloppily despite the vital importance of this document. (pics of inventory sheet attached, you can see most tag numbers are missing)

4. Mostly of the important items that could have been damaged were not blanket wrapped including items like my TV and other pieces of furniture and appliances. The only item that was blanket wrapped was my dining table top. The company committed to blanket wrapping all necessary items to protect during the move yet this wasn't done.

5. My belongings were verified to be undamaged in storage before being picked up by this company and brought from AB to SK. However, certain items were falsified on the inventory sheet as being found broken in storage which was not consistent with the many other items that were damaged but didn't have any reference. For the items that were listed as broken at the time of loading, the broken parts could not be found and I was told the part was probably discarded.

7. Furniture and important items were being laid on on my lawn without and protective blanket wrap during delivery.

8. Filed a claim on 10/8/18 and was advised that the case will be assigned to an adjuster within 3 days. After the full 3 days I heard from an adjuster confirming receipt of the claim and then I will now have to wait an additional 5-6 days for review. Adjuster left a phone number and email to contact her with questions but never responded to phone calls, messages or e-mails for the last two days.

8. Sent e-mail to Jay’s manager in Saskatoon and the Regional Manager, the manager responded with no kind of apology and did not follow up on e-mail.

Overall, I'm in disbelief at the level of negligence Jay’s moving has exhibited. No one else seems to care a damn about my damaged belongings and there was absolutely no accountability for anything.

I took the time to detail the multiple service and management failures of Jay’s Moving (including pics) so that people know what to expect from Jay’s moving and can make an informed decision when selecting a company for your move.

Brennon M from Prince Albert
Brennon M from Prince Albert
1 review Prince Albert, SK

Moving

Jay’s Moving and Storage were a really great group of guys to work with. It says a lot when you’re meeting total strangers and can feel trust and comfort with them, which I did with these guys. They were professional and courteous - I even had to assure them it was okay to leave their shoes on when coming in the house because as they tried to remove them every time! They were also very helpful and able to answer all of my questions about paperwork and other matters with ease.

Bev R from Regina
Bev R from Regina
1 review Regina, SK

Moving

Jay’s Moving and Storage helped move us into a condo and we really enjoyed the experience. They were on time, efficient and moved quickly. Everything went smoothly, we had no problems and we even enjoyed having some fun with the guys.

Anne C from Prince Albert
Anne C from Prince Albert
1 review Prince Albert, SK

Movers

I have used Jay’s Moving and Storage at least three times and now they’re the only ones I’ll call. They’re very professional - always show up on time, charge what they quoted and my things are handled with respect with no damages.

Garth from Saskatoon
Garth from Saskatoon
1 review Old Toronto, ON

Provides moving and storage services.

We hired them to move our belongings from one house to another house. It was good. We moved some of our things to storage and some to our new house. They were great.

More about Jay's Moving & Storage Ltd

Jay’s Moving & Storage provides local and long distance moving services across Saskatchewan, into Alberta and further through our affiliation with Atlas Van Lines. Established in 1964, Jay’s has built a reputation for exceptional customer service and professionalism in the moving industry, proven by our Better Business Bureau accreditation and ...
Looking for Moving & Storage pros in Saskatoon?