Durabuilt Windows & Doors

10920, 178 street NW Edmonton AB T5S 1R7

Giving Back Award winnerGiving Back Awardwinner

Reviews for Durabuilt Windows & Doors

Exterior Reno

Durabuilt Windows had a big part to do with our exterior renos. We switched out our old windows for beautiful black framed windows provided by Durabuilt windows. The knowledge and customer service provided by the company from beginning to end was impeccable.

Private User reviews Edmonton, AB

Spotting inside all my windows

Bought my house with Coventry and 2 years later while cleaning my windows, realized they all look like they are dirty in between the glass, that is a factory issue and now they don’t even get back at me, paid ove 500000$ in my house and that’s what I get.
Durabuilt guys came to look at the windows and agree there was an issue , mark them all with black marker and now I have dirty windows with a black mark in each.

Trent
Trent
0 reviews Edmonton, AB

New home 2018

I purchased a new home in late July of 2018 with Durabuilt windows installed. This spring 2020 I noticed one of the windows in my living room had a little bit of fog build up in the top corner but assumed it was just with the normal changing of temperatures and it would go away. At the end of June I noticed it had gotten worse and also 3 other windows had the same issues. I contacted my builder and they told me to contact Durabuilt windows for a fix so I did. I looked online and saw the warranty is for 2 years which I thought would be good because we took possession of the house less than 2 years ago. Durabuilt got back to me a week later and said they would only cover the windows but I would have to pay for the labour charge because the home builder had purchased the windows in February of 2018. I took another look around my house at each window and found a total of 7 windows ( out of 16 in my house) that need to be replaced within 2 years of my possession date and am also told I need to pay the labour to have these windows fixed. I can only assume the rest of the windows will fail also. Seems like poor quality windows and poor service from Durabuilt.

Durabuilt Windows
Durabuilt Windows
0 reviews Beaumont, AB

New construction 2008

9 windows supplied by Durabuilt Edmonton. During first year one window failed, replaced on warranty, it leaked. New installer came, remarked that the previous pane was cut too small and was wrong type of glass. (Not Argon Gas). Last year we had two windows fail, had them replaced under 50% warranty’s. With labour cost the warranty is negligible. Durabuilt requested credit card at the time of initial call. Actual billing occurred a year later, they still had our credit card information on file, put it through without providing any invoice. This year we have three more sealed units fail. Included is the initial unit that was replaced. I am getting another supplier replace new units with triple pane windows now. The price is very comparable to the Durabuilt price charged under 50% warranty and for double pane windows. Customer Service and quality of material gets a failing grade.

Thank you for taking the time to provide your feedback. We appreciate the time it took you to fill in your concerns of your unfortunate business experience. We greatly apologize for the inconvenience caused. Could you kindly please provide your full name and/or order reference number so we can investigate this further and get back to you with a resolution?

Thank you again for your comments. We hope that you will give us another chance to serve you.

Private User reviews Edmonton, AB

Sales Consultant messed up my order and now won't fix it

Absolutely terrible customer service. The sales consultant I've been working with put the wrong specs on my order form and foolishly I trusted that he did his job properly.

Now that I've received my $2,000 patio sliding door, Durabuilt won't do a thing to help solve the problem because "I had the chance to review and sign the contract and catch the error before the order"

Sorry Durabuilt, but if your salespeople can't take an order properly and then their solution is "Go sell it on Kijiji and then call me when you want to order a new one" that is just terrible customer service.

I highly do not recommend using Durabuilt Windows and Doors if you're doing a home renovation of any sort.

Also, the fact that they don't have reviews enabled on your Facebook page is very indicative of the quality of service they offer.

BKollman in Edmonton
BKollman in Edmonton
0 reviews Edmonton, AB

Outstanding Customer Service and High Quality Windows

We had a small project to replace a few windows where the frames had been rotting out. We learned about Durabuilt's renovation division so contacted them. All of our interactions were impressive! From the initial meeting with Steve, who was very responsive and came to our home to assess our requirements and make professional recommendations on what to fix/what to replace; through the contracting , scheduling and admin process; to when Ryan and Ben installed our windows - we were impressed with the knowledge, focus on customer service, and high degree of professionalism of this team. And we love the windows! They are a key feature in our bathrooms now.

Hello BKollman! Thank you for leaving us such a wonderful review! We are glad that you and family loved our services, our dedicated staff will be pleased to learn of your high praise. They work very diligently, and it will provide them with great encouragement to keep doing what they are doing. Thank you, once again, for your kind words.

Meridee in Sherwood Park
Meridee in Sherwood Park
0 reviews Sherwood Park, AB

condensation in between panes

we were originally very pleased and recommended them to our friends.
slowly our windows are fogging up. We are being charged over $700.00 to have 3 of them fixed. the worst part is this will continue to happen. they have a 20% fail rate and when you spend thousands of dollars on windows and they don't tell you this and we are on the hook for this. Do not use this company. research other window companies and ask about this problem.

Hello Meridee, thank you for taking the time to write a review. We sincerely apologize that your experience didn’t match your expectations. We are always looking to improve our customer service and our overall client experience. This review has been forwarded to our client support team but if you could also please send your contact information to connectyou@durabuiltwindows.com, we will have our team contact you. We would love to make things right if you give us another chance.

Windows and Installation

Durabuilt 's provided windows and installation services to replace our main floor and basement windows. If not for the minor issues with basement windows, I would have given 5 stars. Steve and the installation crew were open to the feedback and took good care in addressing my concerns with the basement windows. I hope that the provided feedback will help Durabuilt provide even better services to the future clients. Overall, I am happy with the decision to hire Durabuilt for their services and would recommend supporting local windows manufacturer for your future windows replacement project. Durabuilt, target for five star.

Private User reviews St. Albert, AB

Window installation

very professional and did a wonderful job in such a short notice. we appreciate everyone's efforts to get this done before Christmas. Cleaned up as they went along.

Merry Christmas

Hello! Thanks for taking the time to share your humble opinion on Durabuilt Windows and Doors. We take pride in giving outstanding products and service to every customer and we're overjoyed to receive your compliments and appreciation. We hope to do business with you again and please bring all your friends and family. We will ensure they all enjoy the same quality of product and service as you have.

Elena in Edmonton
Elena in Edmonton
2 reviews Edmonton, AB

Window Units Seal Poorly Manufactured

I purchased a new home that installed durabuilt windows about 3 years ago and the windows were great until recently I noticed 1 of the windows had condensation in between the triple glass panes and when I called durabuilt they told me it’s likely due to the seal being broken and they would replace the glass under warranty but we would need to pay $200 for the labor as labor warranty is only for 2 years. Well now a few weeks later we notice that this is happening to 2 other windows on the same side of house. My question is why is this happening unless the window units are not sealed property during manufacture, and if this is a defect in the craftsmanship of durabuilt windows we should not have to pay anything out of pocket to get them fixed. We’ve owned other properties with windows made by other window companies and have never experienced this. I will be contacting durabuilt again but I’m hoping someone contacts me from this review to rectify the situation. I’m also concerned that even with the replacement of the glass and the seal this would happen again and again every 2-3 yrs.

Hello Elena, thank you for your review. I’m sorry to hear you had such a frustrating experience, but I really appreciate you bringing this issue to my attention. We set a high standard for ourselves, and we’re so sorry to hear this was not met in your interaction with our business. We are available to discuss your concerns any time, please email us at connectyou@durabuiltwindows.com to discuss things further.

More about Durabuilt Windows & Doors

Windows are the essence of the home.

They welcome the comforting warmth and glow of the sunlight inside, open up to embrace the fresh springtime air, and allow you to experience the beauty of the world around you. Our windows make everyday life a little brighter, with high-performance values, enhanced energy savings, a wide array of colour options, superior design details, and unprecedented smooth movements.

At Durabuilt, our approach to windows is simple. We believe in innovation, operational excellence, and creating consumer connections. We understand that a home is more than just walls and windows; it’s a place where memories are made, children grow, and worlds are shaped. We are committed to creating and providing the best solutions for you. It’s never been so easy.

Visit our website to learn more https://www.durabuiltwindows.com