Ellen Lee Design

Reviews for Ellen Lee Design

glen chartrand in Ottawa
glen chartrand in Ottawa
1 review Nepean, ON

tips for redecorate living room

ellen was very good at what she does . we went in with some colors for room and ellen chosed similar to match my furniture and size of room .

Very inpressed . love her ideas and suggestion as i know we will be doing those ideas . also for a good cause

Chris Roberts in Nepean
Chris Roberts in Nepean

Basement and Kitchen Renovation

I used Ellen for a basement renovation about 5 years ago and again last year for a kitchen renovation. Ellen took into account my requirements and met them all (even when I didn't think it was possible). Her designs are functional and elegant. I am very happy with the finished products and would not hesitate to use Ellen again for future projects.

Dimitra Tsekos in Montreal
Dimitra Tsekos in Montreal
1 review Montreal,

Laundry Room Renovation

Ellen has a keen understanding of the fundamentals of top quality construction. She is such a knowledgeable and enthusiastic designer who is honest, trustworthy and professional. Ellen tackled our demands and design challenges for transforming our basement second kitchen into a laundry room! She has a great eye and vision and was able to create drawings to satisfy our needs. Ellen worked with us on the selection of out tiles, counter, sink, doors, colors. She blended modern amenities with a classic style which is just what we wanted! We love the final results! Ellen also helped design our living room/dining room curtains. She listened to our needs and created very classic lines that complimented our style.
We are extremely happy with Ellen's service and highly recommend her! Thank you Ellen!

Olwen, in Manotick
Olwen, in Manotick
1 review Manotick, ON

Bathroom Renovation

Ellen Lee helped us transform our dated, shabby, small bathroom into an elegant, stylish and spacious shower room. She is a very professional, efficient and talented designer with incredible vision. I'm impressed with how quickly she understands your likes/dislikes and she takes all the stress out of those renovation decisions. I would, with complete confidence, recommend Ellen Lee to anyone!

The Steeles in Nepean
The Steeles in Nepean

Bathroom Renovation

We have two upstairs bathrooms in our 25 year-old house. They were dated, builder grade, shabby and impractical. We did not know where to start or what to do with them. We retained Ellen's services to provide design ideas and options. With her help we were able to determine a long term renovation plan that is manageable and that suits our family requirements over the next few years. In the end, we decided to begin by renovating the master suite. She provided us with innovative ideas and adjusted plans constantly to meet our cost restrictions and our personal likes and dislikes. Ellen managed the whole renovation project which took a lot off our plate. We took hardly any time off work during the project. She responded quickly to any concerns we had and provided options when there were unexpected changes to the plan. She chose her contractor ensuring his working style matched with our expectations. He was excellent. I am someone who tends to worry a lot and I had concerns along the way about the style, the colours, the tiles, the fixtures and almost every little detail about the project. Ellen patiently calmed my concerns. The the final product is a dream come true. Ellen thought of options and details that I would never have thought of such as finding the inserted shampoo shelving system in the shower when we had to cut tiling and framing costs and the glass tile trim that lines the tile baseboards which addressed my aesthetic concerns by making them look more finished and elegant. I can not believe we waited so long to ask for her help. We can not wait to have her renovate the next bathroom and we have added our kitchen to the make-over waiting list. She will make your home a dream as well.

Sue Cocek in Nepean
Sue Cocek in Nepean
1 review Nepean, ON

Basement, kitchen and bathroom renovations, paint colour selection

We’ve worked with Ellen Lee on renovations and paint colour selection for three houses. She was very pleasant and intuitive with an ability to interpret our desires for aesthetically pleasing and functional work and play spaces. She was able to understand what we wanted and produced drawings to help us visualize what our design would look like. Ellen is very creative, knowledgeable and is up to speed on current trends. She provided good advice and developed ideas to better use the space that we hadn’t even considered. We’re very pleased with the results!

Margaret E. Lee in Prescott
Margaret E. Lee in Prescott
1 review Prescott, ON

Working on plans for renovation of a restaurant

I cannot say enough good things about Ellen Lee, as a friend , designer , and a person. Her design skills, colour knowledge ,detailed drawings are of the highest calibre. She is able to read her clients so well . Her projects have such a grace and beauty to them .Each project that I have been fortunate to witness or be a part of (in some small way) , truly symbolizes her creativity and reflects her clients needs and wants. I always witness appreciative clients .
For me , Ellen is the last word on colour and design.
Besides , all the above she is most trustworthy , caring , and just a person I consider myself very fortunate to know.

Christine Kumchy in Ottawa
Christine Kumchy in Ottawa
1 review Ottawa, ON

Bedroom renovation

Our bedroom was previously a fairly dark, light absorbing colour, making a dark room even darker. So, I sought the services of Ellen. Ellen quickly assessed the situation, considering our needs, preferences, budget limitations and any other practicalities. And then she came up with a solution for us, that was so well suited to what we like, that it was like suddenly my brain had acquired some designer capacity... not really, but she made it seem that easy... at the end of the day we went from tiger lily walls, to a lovely buttery yellow with cream trim. It felt like a new room, lighter, more airy, fresh.

I would certainly recommend Ellen's services to anyone looking to give their space a lift.

Janet Claridge in Manotick
Janet Claridge in Manotick
1 review Manotick, ON

Kitchen renovation and bathroom

Before signing on with Ellen Lee, I was able to tour two other homes where she had designed their kitchen and bathrooms. One was traditional and one was modern. Both were beautiful and individual and WOW. She did the same for our renovation. She was very professional. She had an amazing eye for putting together complimentary colours. She was very confident and I was confident in her.

More about Ellen Lee Design

Registered interior designer specializing in residential interiors. Services include design and implementation on full scale renovations, kitchens, bathrooms, home offices, additions, and interior decorating.