Meadowville Garden Centre Inc

Reviews for Meadowville Garden Centre Inc

Bob Clayson in Guelph
Bob Clayson in Guelph

Exposed aggregate and Landscaping

I have been very pleased with the professional work done by Meadowville. As I drive into my yard and when I sit on my porch, I have nothing but very positive thoughts about Meadowville. Concrete has not cracked. Plants are 100% quality and the few plants that never surveyed the first winter were replaced as promised. One call to Joe and everything is great. I have several more projects in mind for the backyard and Meadowville will get the work. We have purchased plants, mulch, seed and other supplies from them over the last 8 years. Have always been pleased.

Ripped off in guelph in Guelph
Ripped off in guelph in Guelph

Mulch delivery

They delivered over a week later than promised; then it was the wrong product; then owners refused to return calls; would not refund or take the product back. Mulch bag still sitting in my yard after 6 weeks of calling and trying to get them to make good on their product.

Private User reviews Guelph, ON

Terrible experience all around

Hired them to install interlock around pool, build vegetable garden and plant cedar trees along Fence line.

Estimator miscalculated Sq. footage of interlock by 200 Sq ft.!! When they started the work there were days they would not show up - we learned they did other small jobs to maximize profit. We lost weeks in the summer to use the pool.

When they finally finished the job... there was damage to the irrigation system, plants and the grass has never been repaired/corrected properly and looks terrible. No response from the owner to have it fixed.

Finally, they used regular dirt for the garden, not proper triple mix - nothing grew for my wife this season.

Disappointing experience all around.

Jaimie Trudeau-Lalonde from Guelph
Jaimie Trudeau-Lalonde from Guelph

Yard Bag Delivery

This company is incredibly unprofessional. I ordered a yard bag of dirt from them and attempted to get it delivered for 7 days before finally giving up and demanding a refund. They overcharged me for the order and I kept getting the run around from their staff. I even had one of the several staff members I talked to tell me that they've had "nothing but hassles trying to get yard bags delivered this year". If you don't have the means to offer a service, you shouldn't offer it! I have yet to receive a refund or a response to the email that I sent to the owner. Never again will I attempt to support this local business. I ordered a big yellow bag from another company in Cambridge on Friday evening around 5 PM and it was at my house before 10 AM Saturday morning. I don't have a single good thing to say about Meadowville Garden Center.

Genevieve from Kitchener
Genevieve from Kitchener
0 reviews Kitchener, ON

Wedding Flowers

Meadowville Garden Centre Inc
519-822-0840
Guleph
N1H6H7

So unprofessional. Met Francine at a wedding show. She seemed so upbeat and had lots of great ideas. I arranged to meet her approx. a year before my wedding to get an idea of her work. Was super impressed and decided to go with Meadowville. Fast forward to about 5 months before my wedding. Made an appointment to meet her. Drove about 45 mins with my infant in tow and to my surprise Fran was not there. Had to go back to meet her. Was very specific what I wanted and she appeared to record everything in her notes. A 4 days before my wedding, I made another appointment to meet her and give full payment. Surprise surprise, Fran was a no show again. Had to leave my payment with one of her staff. I actually called the day before my wedding to make sure everything was running smoothly and Fran assured me everything was fine.

Flowers were delivered the morning of our wedding. Corsages were not wrist (what I wanted) but pin on. 1 boutonniere was missing. I told Fran that I had wanted mostly red flowers with pops of yellow and orange. I got yellow flowers with pops of red and orange. Definitely not my vision. Her mother Joanne ended up calling me back after I voiced my displeasure. Had the nerve to ask me for more money and then said she didn't understand why I was being so difficult. Well your unprofessional daughter stiffed me twice, didn't do what I asked for and paid for.

At then end of the day, the flowers were beautiful but save yourself the hassle. Was very stressful on my wedding day.

Heather from Guelph
Heather from Guelph
2 reviews Guelph, ON

Mulch delivery

Meadowville was prompt and had great customer service, both at the greenhouse and at my home. Their pricing was very competitive and the delivery fee was the lowest in the area. Not a huge selection of annuals, but it's late in the season.

Marie in Guelph
Marie in Guelph
1 review Guelph, ON

Wedding flowers

Don't use this company what a joke made appts at times store was closed called night before wedding to p/u flowers. A manager didn't want to come in so I could get flowers even though appangements made months before lost my flower choices many times some flowers went black over night I had to pick apart throw away bouquet so I had a full bouquet! What a joke florist handed me off to her teenage assistant Francine is not professional at all spend your money elsewhere

Mark
Mark
1 review Waterloo, ON

gardening

Service was excellent. Renovated the backyard and bought flowers and other necessities from them. Very courteous and friendly service and would highly recommend them to any of my friends family or neighbours.

linda bolton
linda bolton
1 review Shelburne, ON

seasonal gardening

we were very pleased with the customer service we received while shopping in the store. the delivery was great and on time. we were able to complete the backyard project in time for my birthday. they were recommended by a friend and we have passed on their good name to others.

Kyle in Guelph
Kyle in Guelph
1 review Guelph, ON

garden center

I live in this city for almost 6 years, I have nerve been Meadowville Garden Centre before. On a snowing cold Sunday I entered this garden center (265 Edinburgh Rd. N., Guelph) by chance. It was really surprising that spring already here. There are a lot of choice and longer opening time, polite service and lovely birds. I bought some plates and I will be back to get contractor there for paving my drive way.