Good Ol' Boys Moving

Reviews for Good Ol' Boys Moving

Steph in Cambridge
Steph in Cambridge

Long Distance Move ON - AB

On July 5th I spoke over the phone with Jesse of Good Ol Boys Moving and Storage about my upcoming move from Brantford ON to Bonnyville AB. We verbally established a pick up window of July 8, 9, 10 and a drop off window of July 16, 17, 18. He sent the contract via email and before sending the $650 deposit, I questioned the written drop off window of 6-21 days. Jesse responded that he wouldn't need that much time to get my things to AB that 10 days would be plenty. I believed him. The contract did NOT say anything about final payment. The trouble began with pick up. They didn't come until the last day of the three day window at 7pm with only two loaders after phoning and saying they would arrive in the morning. I started to feel very nervous and contacted Jesse by phone. He immediately launched into a victim/ignorance song and dance. Nothing I was suggesting had ever been said to me and I should read my contract. He accused me of being rude and aggressive, while refusing to answer any of my questions and eventually hung up on me. Jesse doesn't answer his phone or the emails from me from here on out.
On July 19 I received a call from Nina of MacArthur Relocation Services, her and her husband Chris had been contracted to do the load. She anticipated they would deliver in the next couple days and she would call again. I had no idea my load would be subcontracted but at least someone was addressing me now. 6 days passed with no word from Nina. I texted her once and left a voicemail but no response. On July 25 I received a text from Nina saying they would deliver on Friday July 28. Nobody showed up that day. At midnight on July 28 I received another text from Nina saying %100 we will deliver tomorrow morning July 29 at 10:30am. Again, no show, no call. At 2:30pm on July 29 my husband answered a call from Chris of Macarthur Relocation Services. Chris said he was now in town but they had a fuel line leak and hoped to deliver today but we’re not sure when. At 4:45pm on the same day we are at the grocery store and miss a frantic message from Nina that the truck is WAITING outside our front door and they NEED to make delivery. We are home within 5 minutes and meet Chris out front with his truck. Chris is alone, no sign of movers, the back door of the truck is closed. He says Nina has sent an invoice and we need to pay cash upfront to get our things off the truck. The invoice was delivered to my inbox 1/2 an hour before he arrived. The weight is way over what I expected putting the price at $1000 more than anticipated. I ask Chris to provide proof of weight. I ask to see my things. Chris refuses both. There is no way we are giving cash to this stranger and my husband and I send him on his way with promises to contact the police. After Chris left an officer pulled up out front. She explained that Chris called her, she's heard his side and would like to hear mine. I tell her and note as well that the 21 day contract expires tomorrow. She explains that this is a civil contract issue and the only thing she can do is try to keep the peace and help us come to an arrangement. She explains that the movers have all the power in regards to my things and if they decide to drive away, she can't do anything about it. I become very eager to make a deal as I want my stuff and I want this ordeal OVER. The officer observed and recorded everything. She also attempted to mediate an agreement between us. This brought Chris back to the house and with the officer present I agreed to etransfer the funds. I showed Chris on my iPad that I was going through with the transfer and all of a sudden, he decides he's not dealing with me anymore, yells something about me harassing him at the police officer and gets in the truck and drives away. We never saw the inside of that truck. I did NOT get my belongings. Good ol Boys and Jesse refuse to help. Macarthur Relocation Services is holding my belongings. They insist I pay their full bill without proof of weight or condition of my belongings via etransfer. I must trust that then they will release the location of my belongings to be picked up and delivered at my own additional expense.

AnnKoes in Cambridge
AnnKoes in Cambridge

Moving across country

Our initial moving company bailed on us on the day of pick-up. We were left stranded with our closing day one day away. The Good Ol' Boys stepped in and saved us! They came at the scheduled time, were extremely friendly and efficient, and handled our stuff with care. I cannot recommend them highly enough!!

Bethany from Hamilton
Bethany from Hamilton
2 reviews Hamilton, ON

Total stars!

These three superheroes swooped in and handled my move like the pros they are! And saved me from a complete meltdown. They packed my stuff, loaded up the truck with the precision of a Tetris game, brought everything to my new address, and unloaded everything again, all the while remaining smiling and cheerful! They spent the majority of Monday with me. Such a professional and efficient bunch, I would recommend them to anyone looking for a reputable moving company! And big thanks to Tiffany who visited me and gave me an accurate quote on everything! Good Ol' Boys all the way!

Tom Bak in Tecumseh
Tom Bak in Tecumseh
1 review Windsor, ON

Move from Guelph to Belle River

Good Old Boys moving is the best. They They were prompt, called half an hour before arrival just to let us know they were on their way. Three man crew arrived neat, polite and ready to work. This was not their first rodeo and it shows, efficient packing, careful loading and great protection of our posessions. Thanks for a great move, we would recommend Good Old Boys to anyone. 10 stars in our book

Beverley Nykamp in Cambridge
Beverley Nykamp in Cambridge

Avoid ..Do yourself a favour

I cannot convey how poor the level of service I experienced with Good Ol Boys was
Sept 2015 I hired Good O Boys to move me. Huge mistake.!!!
After they acknowledged damaged items and lost items and a promise to put through a claim they now refuse to communicate with me either by email or phone.
It has been over a year and thus far they have chosen to simply ignore me in spite of false promises to settle my claim.
Stay tuned as I post the details as I walk thru a blog on suing the company . Armed with false promises, lost items and terrible customer service I plan to post how the suing of this company goes. Everyone needs to know how delinquent this company is and to avoid them!!!
After involving the court system in June 2017 Good Old Boys Moving out of Cambridge agreed to "discuss" the suit. To their credit they handled themselves very well and we came to an amicable agreement. I consider the case closed and we have both agreed to move on.
Beverley

Paul in Warman
Paul in Warman
1 review Niagara Falls, ON

price went way up once loaded. many many broken items. did not pay for any broken. items. going to court

Aweful experience. False promises. Price went way up after quote and down payment. Jesse did not tell us the truth several time. Movers showed up smelling like booze. DO NOT USE THESE jokers. THERE INSURANCE is a joke paid 1700 for our tv ...they broke it into small pieces... aftr 5 weeks offered us peanuts. They like to blame bad reviews(which there are a ton of) on fired ex employees and other bs. WORST MOVING EXPEIENCE EVER. GO ELSE WHERE AMD SAVE YOUR SELF HEADACHES AND GRIEF.

Greg in Quispamsis
Greg in Quispamsis
1 review Kitchener, ON

Long Distance move from Ontario to New Brunswick

We went crazy looking up different moving companies/reading reviews/getting crazy quotes (high and low). This was a stressful move for us because we were planning a long distance move to a different province. We were just about to give up when Jesse from Good Ol' Boys came to our house to give us an in home estimate for our move. Jesse was professional and very friendly, and expressed how much he valued us as potential clients. He took the time needed to answer all of our questions and concerns and was always reassuring us that our move would be no problem for them. He was able to give us a very competitive flat rate quote based on everything that we had. The price was for one team and one truck to do all the work for us, and the price never changed.
We gave a refundable deposit up front to secure the date of our move.
Moving day came and it went like clockwork. A bunch of really nice guys showed up and started to load all of our stuff. Everything as tagged and numbered. All items that were not wrapped were wrapped in blankets. All large furniture items that could be taken apart were taken apart and wrapped. Our mattresses were all placed in mattress bags. They were all very friendly and professional and kept good spirits by chatting with us, and cracking jokes here and there to make the stressful time a little easier. Once the truck was loaded, they left for the 15 hour drive.
There were only two guys that made the trip in the truck and they were to get local guys on the other end to help out. The only problem was that they were only able to get one extra guy to help unload on the Sunday morning. So there were only 3 guys unloading our truck, and the driver was doing the best he could while being in a lot of pain. They were still in good spirits and unwrapped everything for us, and placed them were they were supposed to go. They also reassembled all the furniture items that were taken apart. You could tell with the small workforce that they were getting exhausted quickly. We had drinks and snacks for them and made sure that they took breaks, but they just wanted to get the work done. The job took a little longer, and towards the end they just started piling boxes in the garage instead of placing them elsewhere. One item had small damage to it which they brought to our attention right away.
Overall the guys were FANTASTIC, and we were very pleased with the work that they did. We would hire them again, as well as recommend them to anyone else.
The only thing we were not happy with was the lack of help at the other end. Even one more person would have made it much smoother. However as far as moves could go? We were very happy with the service that we received!!

Becky from Chestermere
Becky from Chestermere
1 review Litchfield, NS

Cross-Canada moving

This company is absolutely unreliable and once they've got your money, you can forget about customer service! We paid $2500 to have 2000 lbs of boxes moved to Nova Scotia, and we're promised it would be there in 10-14 days. Three weeks later, we're still waiting! They required payment in full up front before they would pick up the stuff, so there's really no incentive now for them to meet their commitment - they've already got our money and there's nothing we can do about it. When I called today, they said the boxes haven't moved from Ontario because they've got "driver problems". Last week when I called, they blamed flooding and bad weather. They said we might get our stuff next week (over a month since they picked it up) but they can't even give me an estimated date of arrival! This moving company is a joke. Do NOT trust them with your belongings! I will be reporting them to the Better Business Bureau.

WE did not move a Becky nor are we moving a Becky currently and could not find a becky recently in moves. Nor could i fine a move to Litchfield. Sounds like fired ex employee mark doing these things again as he has been doing lately

b from Vancouver
b from Vancouver
1 review Vancouver, BC

movers

I so wish I'd hired them for the move I just made. I made a huge mistake not using them again. Nice, professional, and most importantly, no surprises when the bill came.

I wish i Knew who this was ..... so i could thank them. We try hard but its an unforgiving business and not enough people take the time to post the Good. Thanks again.

John Kiel in North york
John Kiel in North york
1 review NORTH YORK, ON

Good Ol' Boys Moving

Well I am a repeat customer, and I am very happy with the job they did. I was surprised to find that most reviews they got were false and misleading so i decided to write one myself. The logistics they provide are excellent and any business looking to move goods must try them out.

Appreciate the kind words