Canadian Appliance Source

Reviews for Canadian Appliance Source

Wendy K.
Wendy K.

New dryer

I went to look at a dryer that was on sale, but it wasn't really what I wanted. Dave Thomas helped me find one that would fit my needs, and I bought it and the pedestal, and ordered delivery and installation, and removal of the old unit.

They were on time. Everything went very smoothly. I love the new dryer -- it's perfect! I wasn't promised anything that wasn't delivered. I did have to switch the door myself, but it was only 6 screws and it was done. I'm completely delighted.

Laurie
Laurie

Upright Freezer Purchase

Ordering over the phone was easy and I opted for next day delivery (extra $99) and removal of old appliance ($20). Freezer arrived within the time advised (4 hour window). Delivery staff were pleasant and professional. My only minor complaint is that the "white glove" delivery service did not include installation of the handle (and the instructions supplied were vague) and levelling of the appliance. Other than that, the purchase process was easy and efficient.

Catherine
Catherine

Fridge purchase

Very pleased with the purchase and delivery process of our Frigidaire, using the services of Ryan Clarkson at the Etobicoke location. Ryan took the time during a phone call enquiry to research, walk the floor, search the back room, looking for just the right fridge for our needs. It is a tight space in our basement, and he worked with us to get the right fit, all over the phone, with no pressure tactics. Very relieved to have the fridge hooked up, working - and it's a perfect fit for the space. Thank you Ryan! He also negotiated the best price option for us.

David in Stoney Creek
David in Stoney Creek
9 reviews Hamilton, ON

new washer never worked

Brand new washer (Maytag) was delivered and didn't work at all. CAS was very difficult to deal with and did nothing to help. Factory service came out and told me it had a bad motor. CAS refused to replace or exchange the washer. Had to wait for Maytag service to order in a motor.
Multiple weeks with no laundry.
CAS does sales but don' count on getting any after sales support.

Thank you for your review. I am sorry to hear that your new washer does not work. Please note that, as the manufacturer holds the warranty for your washer, they are responsible for all functional issues. Their technician determines whether or not the unit is repairable or not. In this case, they have decided to replace the motor.

Regards,
CAS

A Kwan
A Kwan

Great selection, price and service

Needed a dishwasher for a rental property as soon as possible and received great help from Muz who was very knowledgeable and experienced about the products, pricing/offers, delivery and services available. CAS has the best website for finding appliance products and the investment in online retail gives me confidence that the company is professional and will be around for a long time.

Warren Harrison in Whitby
Warren Harrison in Whitby
6 reviews Whitby, ON

No After Sales service - Warranty

I purchased the extended warranty that CAS recommend. After 1 year fridge stopped working. I called the warranty company to start a service request. I was told they would call me back. I waited 2 days and called again and was promised a technician would call me in 24 hours. Fast forward 5 days later still no call. I called the warranty provider P3 again and they advise that an appointment was book for the this coming Wednesday. I asked how they booked and appointment when they still have not contacted me. I advised I was working that day. So they said next available appointment would be the next Tuesday, 16 days after I requested the warranty work. I called CAS and spoke to my sales rep David Dandar who was going to escalate to the warranty provider (P3 Regional Manager). David never bothered to call me with any updates. I called and emailed several times only to be told after a week that the warranty company never returned his calls. David escalated to the CAS regional Manager Carlo Baes and its been 5 days now and no a call back. Once CAS has your money dont expect them to help you. Zero after sales services. I called Samsung Directly who walked me through a very easy process to reset the module on the fridge and its been working since.

BBB has a warning on there website advising consumers that CAS has many complaints and to be warned. Canadian Appliance Source is no longer an Accredited company as per BBB.

They have decent prices to lure you in, just dont expect anything to help you after the money leaves you account.

Thank you for your review. My apologies for the delays you experienced in receiving a response from the extended warranty company W3 Solutions. We have reached out to our Account Manager at W3 to voice your concern and you should be contacted very shortly if not already.

Please note that accreditation with BBB consists of paying an annual fee. The only reason we are not accredited is that we have decided to not sign up with BBB.

Again my apologies for the delay from W3.

Regards,
CAS

AN in Toronto
AN in Toronto

Nice service, quite professional

Richard Wu @hwy7/woodbine ave helped me buy my refrigirator and laundry set. He was really nice and compared several products and explained them thoroughly to me. I think he helped me pick up the best choice with my budget. Definitely would buy my future appliances from Canadian Appliance through him.

Third Major Appliance Purchase from CAS

We have purchased a clothes dryer, a stove and now a Refrigerator and Dishwasher from Canadian Appliance. Each time, the selection is good and the pricing competitive. To date what sets it apart is the in home delivery and take away at a reasonable price. I am hopeful that the upcoming delivery will be true to form. I appreciated the sales information provided by Dave T. it was thorough, informative and alternatives were provided and explained when we needed delivery ASAP. All in all a very helpful and pleasant experience.

Private User reviews Oakville, ON

Restocking fee

Bought a microwave. Didn’t fit my shelf. Was willing to buy a smaller one. Told there was a restocking fee of $140.00 (on top of a new microwave) so I paid it and took my business elsewhere. Lots of guys in the office but they made my husband drive to the back of the store and bring the microwave into their storage room. Got their money right away but it took weeks for my refund. Don’t need an apology or excuses from CAS. Just treat your customers better.

Bill in Nepean
Bill in Nepean
1 review Ottawa, ON

Great salesperson. Very satisfied so far.

Dealt with Chris Groleau at the Ottawa West store.
He is knowledgeable and very helpful.
Having a wide range of manufactures products on site was important.
Just hope the delivery works out and the appliances live a failure-free life.
Manufacturing quality and repair service are major issues for any owner.

More about Canadian Appliance Source

With well over hundreds of household appliances shipped daily, fully stocked showroom, and a mega warehouse to keep our inventory fully stocked, we are currently one of the largest retail suppliers of household appliance throughout Canada. Our success has been built on a simple principle: take care of every customer ...
Looking for Appliance Retailers pros in Toronto?