Tree Service

Reviews for Kildonan Tree Service Ltd

David in Winnipeg
David in Winnipeg

Great Job

Had a tree removed from front yard and the stump ground down. Great service, good cleanup. They would not take my money until after the job was finished and I was satisfied with the work I would recommend them.

Thank you for the great review, David!

horz in Winnipeg
horz in Winnipeg

dutch elm disease

your crew did a fantastic job removing diseased trees (4) and clean up was excellent ( unlike city crews that left a large mess) Kept me informed and were very professional. 3805 Batchelor Ave, Started Friday finished Mon. the 17th.

Thank you for the great review!

Lloyd from Winnipeg
Lloyd from Winnipeg

Tree trimming

We live in River Heights and were looking someone to trim some large oak boughs overhanging the front roof of our house and several smaller oak, elm and spruce branches along the side that were overhanging and brushing the house. We had used Kildonan a few years ago to remove a large elm that was rubbing against the house. We were very happy with their work at that time. However, after reading the reviews on this site, we became a little wary and decided to shop around. Kildonan had by far the best price, and based on past experience and the cost, we decided we could put up with some minor issues, if that came about. Bottom line - great job. Quick and clean. Even did a little extra trimming for free we hadn't planned on. Friendly people, the work crew and office staff. Don't know what the fuss was about. I would recommend them.

Thanks for the review, Lloyd!

Linda Bontey from Winnipeg
Linda Bontey from Winnipeg

Tree triming

I received an estimate for crown and dead branch removal at a price of $220. A few minutes after the trimmers arrived the office phoned me to so that I could settle the bill and submitted my payment by credit card. When I went outside to see the job being done I was advised by the trimmers that it wasn't a good idea to trim the crown on such a tree and so they left without finishing the job. When I called the company and asked to be reimbursed for the part of the job that was not done I was told that the manager would come to see us. The manager did come by to see the job and admitted that we were entitled to some money back he never did get back to us and every attempt to contact them since has resulted in rude and nasty behaviour by this company. I then contacted the BBB but this company has not responded to then either. I have never been treated this way by a company before and will from now on will always do some research before hiring.

Thank you for your review Linda. I'm glad you and I were able to talk about your unfortunate situation and rectify it earlier this year. Jerry

? ?? from Winnipeg
? ?? from Winnipeg

Tree Removal

First impressions were decent, did the work for the amount quoted. Nothing but rudeness and disrespect from all members of the company. Job done was not excellent but would do, they left a huge mess in the yard not to mention landscaping on yard was damaged. Hours of cleanup was required after they finished their "professional" cleanup.Will never use or recommend again.

Thank you for your review. I appreciate your choice to stay anonymous, but please call us at 204-233-9337 to discuss your situation and to confirm that we did work for you. Thank you.

2 reviews Winnipeg, MB

stump grinding

I am rescinding my previous review. In the past 25 years I was fortunate enough to never have to talk with the office staff. I understand the other comments now.

Hi Myrna, I'm sorry to hear of your bad experience considering your previous positive review. We have made changes to the office staff since then. We would hope you would give us another chance. Please call us at 204-233-9337 if you would like to discuss this further. Thanks, Jerry

2 reviews Winnipeg, MB

tree removal

204-233-9337
1407 Dugald Road
Winnipeg
MB

This company used to take care of my elm trees when I lived in Elmwood. I paid for their service, as the city did not have a comprehensive program in place at that time, to keep my elms safe from disease. I had an estimate done to remove two large trees at my current home. They honoured that estimate, even though I had the work done over a year later. Several years later contacted them to remove more of the stump due to grade changes made during landscaping my back yard. Prompt and courteous on all occasions. I will continue to be a repeat customer and have recommended this company to my friends.

Thank you for your review Myrna!

Karen Bowler from Winnipeg
Karen Bowler from Winnipeg

pruning, stump removal, fertilizing

The owner Gerry seemed very competent and was friendly when providing the estimate, but when the company left the work unfinished and brush all over our property for 8 days I called to inquire politely about how to speed up the process and how to get a call back from someone as requested. The first office person responding was very unprofessional and made rude and sarcastic comments. After I asked for her name she asked why. I said I wanted to speak to the manager about how she handles her customers she said "Why do you want to speak to the manager, I'm his wife. What are you going to do, fire me?" After more abuse another office worker took the phone and tried to correct the problem very professionally, taking responsibility for the 'confusion' but there definitely wasn't 'confusion'. Through her efforts and the extra help and cooperation given by some of their guys on the various crews, the work was eventually finished after several weeks. Besides the rudeness, there seems to be a communication problem effecting the coordination of the various components of the job (cutting crew, bucket crew, stump crew, cleanup), dragging the whole thing out. I wouldn't call this company unless you want frustration and abuse, but if you do, talk to the helpful person identifying herself as Monique, who saved the day.

Hi Karen, Thank you for your review. I apologize for the slow cleanup service. We have since improved that aspect of our company drastically. I also have to apologize for the unprofessional behaviour from that member of our office staff. That person has since been removed from the company. Monique is still with us and thanks you for the kind words. Please call us at 204-233-9337 if you wish to discuss this further. Thank you.

Tribal from Winnipeg
Tribal from Winnipeg

Tree Pruning

WARNING: Do NOT use this company!! They only did half the job and it was done very sloppy. They are pleasant when you first contact them, but if you complain, the owner & his wife are rude, nasty & threatening and bully the customer. Find a better tree service unless you like being treated like a door mat!!!

Thank you for your review, Tribal. I apologize for the bad experience you had with us. We are under new management/ownership. Please call us at 204-233-9337 if you wish to discuss.

Looking for Tree Service pros in Winnipeg?