Homestead House Paint Co Ltd

Paint & Wallpaper Retailers
95 Niagara Street Toronto ON M5V1C3
HomeStars  >  Paint & Wallpaper Retailers in Toronto  >  Homestead House Paint Co Ltd

Reviews for Homestead House Paint Co Ltd

Kate K. in Toronto
Kate K. in Toronto

Interior Zero VOR latex paint

This is my third time using Homestead House Paint and I am still thrilled with this product. I just repainted my bedroom and slept in it the same night, with no odor whatsoever.

The coverage is great, making this paint so easy to work with. Best of all, it's so hard wearing that you can wash off any stains and even scrub away small scratches with a baking soda and water paste.

I have no idea why this paint is not more popular than Benjamin Moore. It is a far superior product. I wish I could buy it at my local paint store, but I don't mind driving to Etobicoke or paying to have it shipped to me.

I will never use another brand of paint as long as this one is available.

wellred, North Toronto
wellred, North Toronto

a painter was recommended as this company felt they couldn't do the work as they got busy

The person who she recommended was not even close to what she stated his expertise was using her milk paints! We called her and asked her to come out and see the problem, but she just could care less. I would not recommend her. She is unrealiable, says she will see if she can come out later as she' s busy but hasn't followed through months later. This person is not to be trusted, she's all about selling her milk paint not actually being professional about the product.

Simon in Toronto
Simon in Toronto

Paint for a bedroom

I loved the idea of milk paint, and bought a bunch of it to paint a bedroom in my house. Following the online instructions and what I was told in the store, I put on three coats. After the third coat, the paint started peeling off the walls, even pulling some of the original paint off with it! We had to hire a painter to fix up the mess. Homestead House offered to give us extra (acrylic) paint to finish the job, but we went with something else to avoid more hassle. They were very nice and understanding, though didn't have much advice in the way of what to do to fix things.

Mike&Doreen in Toronto
Mike&Doreen in Toronto

Purchased paint

My husband and I recently moved into a new house and decided to repaint the entire house. Jennilyn spent over an hour with us, patiently helping us pick out paint colors. Not once did she make us feel rushed or pressured. The colors were absolutely beautiful, and the quality amazing. The price of the paint was a bit more expensive than what you would find at the regular paint store but Homestead House paint goes a LOT further than your average paint so everything evened out at the end. Jennilyn also recommended Cycling Painters whom we used and they did a tremendous job on our house - we are so pleased with the end results!

Quinton at Jarvis/Wellesley
Quinton at Jarvis/Wellesley

Painting our new condo

It's great walking in to a small company because they work really hard to please you. Here you have their undivided attention to help go over your project, talk about colours, paint application techniques, etc.

Jen was kind enough to come to our new condo (investment property) for a colour consultation. She was able to help us pick colours that were popular/trendy so we would have people tripping over themselves to lease it from us. She was even kind enough to offer us some decore advice.

We painted the entire place with Homestead House VOC free paint. The coverage was fantastic and the low VOCs cut the smell down to virtually nothing. I have to say, this is the first time I didn't get a headache from painting.

We'll definitely be using Homestead House paint next time we buy or renovate!

Jacquie and Mike - Toronto
Jacquie and Mike - Toronto

paint for entire condo

We had a huge project on our hands and we loved the idea of shopping local, plus eco friendly. What we didn't expect was the time and love they put into helping us choose the right colour and formula for our place. They treated it like it was paint for their own home. The bulk amount product was also ready faster than we could have ever expected. We recommend Homestead House to everyone!

Holley- Downtown Toronto
Holley- Downtown Toronto

Homestead House

Homestead house has always been right on track with large orders and contracts but in the past year has exceptionally surpassed what is expected of a small family owned paint company. Jenny has brought the retail side of the business to new heights and exposed the world to the benefits of VOC free paints and the lore Milk paints add to your home. Going eco friendly is the way to be and Jenny knows how to do it with a smile!

Quinton in Cabaggetown
Quinton in Cabaggetown

Condo Colour Consultation Service

I have recently moved into a new condo and wanted to personalize it to make it my home.

I had Jenny come in to my condo and do a professional colour consultation service.

All of the colours turned out beautifully.

I would highly reccomend their services.

I decided to apply the paint myself. I was amazed at the one coat coverage and lack of smell. In fact I had a dinner party the next day and no one knew that I had just painted.

Very satisfied!

Kate in Lawrence Park
Kate in Lawrence Park

Painted bedroom and bathroom

I wanted to paint over the oil paint in my bathroom with a zero-VOC latex paint. Homestead was the only company that offered a latex paint to go over oil without having to prime first. It's been 2 months since I painted and the bathroom looks great.

I also painted the bedroom and again the coverage was excellent and the paint finish is a very high quality.

Alex in Montr
Alex in Montr
1 review Montreal,

Milk Paint and finishes for kitchen table and chairs

I needed paint and finishes to restore my kitchen table and chairs but I wanted the safest and most eco-friendly products. I was really happy to find homestead house paint's milk paint and no-VOC finishes. The milk paint is easy enough to use, really safe and gives excellent results. The same thing goes for the Hemp Oil finish and Beeswax. I simply love everything.

I'm no expert at this kind of stuff but they really guided me with what I needed and how much. I was surprised to get such excellent and quick service.

I'm proud to have this Canadian company do such amazing products!

More about Homestead House Paint Co Ltd

We provide high quality environmentally friendly and all natural paints, stains and finishes. Our staff are highly knowledgeable, in the business for over 20 years. We specilize in Historical Colours, however we also offer 1000's of contemporary colours. We offer free in store colour consultations. Free samples of our VOC ...