National Drapery

Drapery & Curtains
HomeStars  >  Drapery & Curtains in York  >  National Drapery

Reviews for National Drapery

Drapery for my new condo

Great experience with National Drapery and their Sales Representative, Josie Stagno. She was knowledgeable, made very helpful suggestions about the fabric options, did detailed measurements and drawings and was a pleasure to talk to. My new curtains were installed today and are a perfect fit. The installer was very experienced and got the work done very quickly.

Christian in Toronto
Christian in Toronto

Roman shade experience

When we first visited National Drapery’s store we found the staff to be friendly and helpful – unfortunately, after that point our experience took a complete U-turn, mutating into a cautionary tale of disservice and disregard.

Initially, we were pleased when National offered a complimentary in-home consultation. We had an idea of what we wanted and were looking for some advice from someone with the aesthetic and technical expertise to provide options based on our tastes and preferences. We were looking for what we thought was a fairly simple item: a white roman shade for our kitchen window that would let in as much light as possible and were explicit about not wanting anything that resembled a bed sheet on the window; rather, something that hung nicely and did not wrinkle. After much back and forth via email and telephone with the consultant (emails that went unanswered until we followed up with the store directly), multiple trips all the way across the city to their showroom to view fabric options and multiple inquiries about the suitability of the fabric we liked, we went ahead and ordered our roman.

$1000 dollars later we have what appears to be an unfinished square of cloth hanging in the window of our newly renovated kitchen… and don’t take it from us: multiple National staff have themselves agreed after seeing it. It was delivered with the wrong chain pull (plastic, not metal, as we requested) and we have found that the fabric does indeed wrinkle. Moreover, the structure of the blind (strings, loops and stitching) is entirely visible through the fabric. Here lay the root of our initial disappointment with this company: with someone standing in our kitchen, observing the light, architecture and décor, and understanding our fabric preference, they failed to deliver design advice – or even a warning, for that matter – that would have led to a better result. Instead, the expectations they set for the product we eventually received were completely out of line.

From there, our experience turned from frustrating to infuriating. When we reached out to National to discuss the blind we were met first with indifference and, on subsequent phone calls, with rude, defensive and patronizing behaviour from their staff. It was, bar none, the worst customer service we have ever experienced. We were told it was a matter of “he said, she said,” that they had done nothing wrong, and that they owed us nothing for what had happened. Upon seeing a photo of the blind, the manager acknowledged that it did look unfinished. She offered to make some small adjustments – removing loops or adding a thicker liner – but this would have involved multiple trips to their store (they refused to pick it up from our home) without doing much to solve the issues. She also suggested we could pay an added fee to add a border to give it a more finished look… so we were also unaware that we were paying $1000 for an UNFINISHED blind!

Our customer experience with National has been nothing short of dreadful: because they failed to provide us with the details necessary to make an informed choice; the finished piece of work suggested they hadn’t been attentive to our questions, concerns or specifications; and they were uncompromisingly unhelpful and defensive when we expressed our disappointment with their product.

Dear Christian,

I sincerely apologize for your experience, we have made custom drapery for over half a century with thousands of wonderful results.
Over the decades of making roman shades for design firms as well as private customers, we have made countless mono-chromatic flat roman shades to the delight of many customers.
We always accept the fact that beauty is in the eye of the beholder and what some people love other people don’t.
We will try to alter this roman shade so that it becomes closer to your vision. We can provide you with fabric to create a border as well as other embellishments at no charge to you.
All that we ask from you is to make an appointment in our showroom to choose these fabrics.

Paul Hartman,
President.

Jason in Toronto
Jason in Toronto

Blackout blinds

Josie sold me drapes. She took the time to come to my house to really help me determine what would look best. She helped me select the most beautiful blackout drapes. The drapes provide incredible blackout coverage of the sun in addition to providing some noise protection. If you are looking for the best in drapery look no further than Josie at National Drapery !

Highly professional, excellent consultation and service

Amy provided very professional, highly knowledgeable/experienced consultation.

Amy was very patient in explaining her recommendations multiple times. In addition, she was respectful of my budget considerations as this was an improvement project to further black out light with bedroom curtains, providing multiple recommendations and multiple price options.

She was also highly responsive to my questions not pertaining directly to the order, as I was doing some sewing on my own to save money, msg'g helpful photos.

Installation person Peter was on-time and very professional also, installation of the velcro wall brackets was perfect.

EXCELLENT.

(Tip: Do not go to Aileen's downtown Toronto, not knowledgeable, unprofessional, unpleasant).

Suzanne Desrocher in Toronto
Suzanne Desrocher in Toronto

Shades for my livingroom

Josie at national drapery was sensational! Her and her team were certainly Johnny on the spot.Everything went beautifully,from her coming over and showing us all our options and then the measurement and install was done in a very timely manner.Had a wee problem with one of my blinds and they were there fixing it the next day.Terrific. I highly recommend National Drapery and Josie in particular

H in Toronto
H in Toronto

Drapes and Blinds

Josie from National Drapery was fabulous! I had a large project requiring custom drapes. Josie was very helpful in choosing colours, styles and confirming overall approach for window coverings in our new condo. When it transpired that one of the fabrics I had chosen was out of stock, Josie arranged for samples to be sent to me directly to expedite the process of selecting a replacement. Thank you Josie for all your help!

Sajid Khan from Richmond Hill
Sajid Khan from Richmond Hill
1 review Richmond Hill, ON

Automated Blinds

The wife and I were sold on the automated blinds that the sales representative presented. Shortly after a 50% deposit a gentlemen came to measure. They said it would be several weeks to delivery- which it was. The installer came by our house and 2 of the 3 blinds had issues (1 was stained and the other coming apart at the seams). They had to reorder 2. Several weeks later the installer came back and installed the 2. There was another issue. 1 of them was not working via the remote. After hours of him calling someone they decided to come back with a new motor. Still didn't work- had to come back. I called the sales representative and she gave the excuse there are no decision makers in the office and was actually rude. The installer called me and said the replacements are in- so this will be the 4th installation attempt. I told him prior to coming have someone from his office call me. The "manager" called manager called me with attitude. In a rude tone telling me she is calling to book for Saturday. I simply wanted to know what National Drapery was going to do for me based on the fact that it will be the 4th time I am inconvenienced. She basically said nothing- its the manufacturers issue again with attitude. Is there no customer service there? Nonetheless, I have scheduled the installation and regret ever dealing with folks who don't treat paying customers fairly. Not even an apology. Ridiculous.

We appreciate your feedback. We apologize that your experience was not very pleasant and can understand your frustration with this situation.

At National Drapery, we value all of our customers and since this occurrence, we have been working hard to make sure that this issue doesn’t happen again. We have built a stronger relationship with the manufacturer to ensure that if any problems arise they can be dealt with more efficiently.

We really appreciated your patience during this time and hope that we can make it up to you soon by providing you with the best service possible. We would also like to offer you $100 off your future purchase for the inconvenience.

Josephine from East York
Josephine from East York
1 review East York, ON

Curtains and Blinds

I just had WOW drama drapes installed in the living room, cool romans in the kitchen and hip curtains in my daughter's room and it all looks awesome. Josie at National Drapery is wonderful. She's very open, friendly, helpful and professional. This is the second time I've gone to National Drapery; the first time was about 8 years ago for our master bedroom and our son's room, and it was really stress-free with great results. I then recommended them to family, with also positive reviews and I'm planning my third project with them. Yong, the installer, is remarkably competent, conscientious and efficient. The great thing was that I worked with both Josie and Yong 8 years ago on my first project, and they're still there! That says something about the company. In each experience with them, National Drapery has proven to be fast, good value for money and offer great customer service.

Thank you so much for the wonderful review! We have a ton of return customers such as yourself, and word-of-mouth is always the best kind of advertising!

Josie exudes warmth and positivity, and after 14 years working here she knows just about everything there is to know about drapery! Yong has also been here for 20 years. The loyalty of the staff and the customers says a lot about the owners and the business itself.

Thank you so much for the kind words, and we look forward to seeing you the next time you are looking for some WOW drapes (or fun throw pillows!)

Lindsay from Toronto
Lindsay from Toronto

new roman blinds & cushions

Amy from National Drapery was a tremendous help to me. I was needing to replace existing Roman blinds but I wanted a fabric that would change the entire look of my room. Amy was quick to understand my needs and was able to pick out several fabrics to suit my needs perfectly. She then was able to guide me with cushions for my seating area that would tie into the entire look and room. I would highly recommend Amy at National Drapery.

Amy has a great eye and a fabulous sense of style. Like most of our staff, Amy has been here for years which means she is like an encyclopedia of fabrics.

Most importantly, she is a great listener so we are glad to hear that she was able to make your vision a reality.

Thanks for your business and we hope that you’ll be shopping at National Drapery again!

Quality, Service & Knowledge
Quality, Service & Knowledge
16 reviews Richmond Hill, ON

Drapery

I would not recommend this company, they came to my home had a preset notion of what they wanted to do, only showed us a few fabrics sample, even when we asked to see more, they recommended only one look, we trusted them because they are in decor magazines and the end result was an overpriced piece of fabric hanging from our windows. This is really what it looked like, even their own installer shook his head! We then paid more to fix the problems, they took our drapes back to work on them, said they had no more matching fabric, and returned the drapes damaged to us. We tried to resolve the matter but in the end replaced the drapery completely at even more cost to us with another company. Lesson learned - bigger companies that advertise more are not always better. To this day I still feel completely ripped off.

Thank you for your review and we are so sorry for your unpleasant experience. If in any way we made you feel rushed into making a decision, we apologize.

We would like to make it up to you. Please call us and speak to our service manager so that we can find a way to redeem this situation.

Again, our apologies.