York Appliance Service Co Avenue Rd.

Vacuum Sales & Service
2029 Avenue Road Toronto ON M5M 4A5
Vacuum Sales & Service
York Appliance Service Co Avenue Rd.

Reviews for York Appliance Service Co Avenue Rd.

Lynn in Toronto
Lynn in Toronto

As Good As It Gets

This father and son team can restore your faith. I took my lamp in, Raffi greeted me with a smile, diagnosed the problem, quoted a reasonable price and said it would be ready shortly. When I came back his father offered to take it out to the car for me. This friendly family run shop has been in business over 50 years. I am lucky to have them in my neighbourhood. Do. Not.Hesitate. to take your vacuum, lamp, and probably a lot of other things in to them to repair.

Fantastic Local Business to Support

Needed to fix an heirloom lamp. Raffi was such a pleasure. He radiates pleasure at seeing you. He offered to fix the lamp right away while I took a walk or waited. Came back in 20 minutes and the lamp was perfectly repaired. I've been there before and will go back with my vaccuum. I appreciate Raffi's expertise and friendly manner.

info@tail-wags.com in North york
I. O.

Consistently Excellent Service

This store has consistently offered excellent service. I called them today because my central vacuum wasn't working properly. Even though the store is temporarily closed due to Covid-19, the owner met me at the store and checked to see if the central vacuum hose was clogged (I thought I had accidentally sucked up a cat toy). When we realized that wasn't the issue, he explained in detail what to do at my home to determine and fix the issue ... and his suggestions worked! Furthermore he didn't charge me for his time or expertise. This is not the first time that they have fixed one of my old vacuums or come to my rescue. I highly recommend this business whether you need to purchase a vacuum or fix an appliance!

House o.
House o.

Central vacuum repairs

Amazing service. I actually asked the owner who made 2 trips to our house to increase his bill.

Complete honesty and integrity from this store and it’s owners.

Thank you so much Sir! It was a pleasure dealing with you. Thanks for taking the time to write this review!

Mary in Toronto
Mary in Toronto

WHAT A GREAT REPAIR SHOP

MY Miele Compact Vacuum (powered) Wand Lock broke. The "lock" that connects and holds the handle (& hose) to the wand which has the floor tool at the end, just FELL OFF.
Called York and spoke with Anita who had the replacement part in stock and suggested they also check the old one just in case it could be repaired, sadly NOT.
Miele parts are not cheap, just wish this VIP little Lock holding the handle was better quality for a top quality Vacuum.
Great family business in a great location just a few blocks south of the 401 on Avenue Rd.
Thanks York Appliance Service for all your help.
Mary

Hi Mary, sorry for the late reply to your wonderful review! Thank you for trusting us! It was a pleasure serving you, and hearing your ideas. Look forward to seeing you again!

Vacuum Repair

My husband + I have been at York App several times whether the central vac, toaster, etc. Today went in with a hose and carpet attachment. They diagnosed the issue within 3 min. I was in the store not more than 15 min in + out. Amazing and friendly dad + son they know their products.

Hi Daniela, thanks so much for this review! It's always a pleasure!

Private User reviews Barrie, ON

Lamp repair

I called to confirm they would repair my lamp and when I arrived on a Friday afternoon at 4 pm they offered to help me carry the lamp inside the shop since It was too heavy for me to lift. Raffi then explained the necessary repair and actually fixed the lamp while I went down the street to do an errand.
They were efficient, polite and courteous . This was a great experience . This sort of hands on business is really difficult to find these days. I will go back to see them when I need another repair or a new vacuum and I will refer my own friends and clients . My lamp is great now !

Hi! Thank you so much for this! It was a pleasure meeting you. I'm glad we had everything in stock to be able to fix your lamp. Thanks again for this review.

John in Thornhill
John in Thornhill

Bedside Light repair..

One of my two bedside reading lights wasn't working correctly due to broken internal part. I went in and met Sarkis. Sarkis said he would take a look at it and he would try to have it fixed by the next day. - this was at 4pm. Sarkis called me at 8pm the same day to let me know that he had it fixed. He had gone home after closing the store for dinner and then returned back to his shop to work on the light, fixing it. It now works as good as new.. I can't say how impressed I was with him and his honesty / service. A great guy and store. Highly recommend. John

Hi John, thank you so much for taking time to write this review. This is Sarkis' son, Raffi. Thank you and we really appreciate your kind words.

Terry in Toronto
Terry in Toronto

lamp shade repair

My antique slag glass lamp shade was missing some of the clips to hold the glass in place. The gentleman (and I mean that in the literal sense) who owns the shop fixed it while I watched. It brought back fond memories of hanging out with my Dad while he fixed things. He wouldn't take any money to do it. This store is very special and I have no hesitation recommending them. I'm going back to see about fixing/replacing my broken central vac system.

Thank you Terry, this was very sweet, I am Raffi the son. And I grew up watching my dad fix everything. I'm glad you had a wonderful experience here.

More about York Appliance Service Co Avenue Rd.

Since 1969 York Appliance Service Co - Avenue Rd have been serving the cleaning needs of our city. We sell, service, install portable and central vacuums systems. We also sell air purifiers, laundry detergents like Persil and Forever New, and floor cleaning products, Bona. We are factory authorized dealers for ...
Looking for Vacuum Sales & Service pros in Vaughan?