Big Hill Electrical Services

Big Hill Electrical Services

Reviews for Big Hill Electrical Services

Mal in Hidden Valley
Mal in Hidden Valley

Simple issue expertly resolved by calling Harold

I was puzzled by a power outlet in my ensuite bath that had suddenly stopped working. I was referred to Harold by a contractor contact and so I phoned. Harold provided a few minutes of his time over the phone. His expert knowledge and genuineness in his desire to help save me the cost of a service call were all that were necessary to fix the problem.

If he can help troubleshoot and fix a problem over the phone, he certainly has my confidence for any future electrical issues that may come up in my home and I wouldn't hesitate to have him come in on an actual service call. Thanks so much Harold!

J Shier in Calgary
J Shier in Calgary
0 reviews Cochrane, AB

Urgent Request for help for wired in Smoke Detector disarming

Harold helped me through an urgent situation where my hard wired smoke detector would not be silenced.
In frustration after MANY minutes of deafening noise I was ready to cut the wires but decided to call for assistance first.
He quickly explained that my solution would not be a safe idea. He then listened to my problem and assessed what needed to be done. I texted him photos of the alarm model. He looked up the brand and model online and then patiently talked me through how to remove it from its location and how to disarm it.
My friends and I were most grateful for the silence! Harold was most helpful, professional and kind. We are grateful for his help!
(Many people may not realize the some of the newer smoke alarms cannot be silenced if they are wired in.

I'm glad we were able to help you out at a stressful time, its always a pleasure working with you.

Richard in Grande Prairie
Richard in Grande Prairie

Smoke / CO Detector Replacemnt

Correctly diagnosed the problem over the phone based on description of the symptoms and replaced faulty smoke / CO detector within two days of contact. Very professional, efficient service. First choice for future electrical needs.

Thank You for your business, we are glad it turned out to be a simple repair and look forward to working with you in the future.

Check 220 connections

We had concerns over a couple of outlets in our home, so we contacted Big Hill and they were very pleasant on the phone and were out to my house in 15 minutes. The electrician was able to quickly correct a few issues. We appreciate the prompt, polite and efficient service! Thank you so much! Sue & Barry

We are glad that we could be of service to you!

Private User reviews Cochrane, AB

Electrical outlet replacement

Not knowing the cumulative draw on a circuit in the walkout of our townhouse, one of the outlets overheated and started to smoke.

Big Hill Electrical Services responded quickly to replace the outlet and explain how to avoid the problem in the future.

We are glad we could help! Our guys are always happy to share their knowledge in an effort to avoid future problems.

Bill Remphrey in Cochrane
Bill Remphrey in Cochrane

Replaced a Ceiling Fan

Our ceiling fan stopped working so we contacted Big Hill Electric about changing out the fan that included a remote controller. The person who took the call indicated that we should buy a fan and then contact them when ready to install. We obtained one with a remote as we didn’t want to use pull chains because of our high ceiling. They were prompt at coming out, and the electrician was efficient and had the fan installed in about an hour. It turned out the remote that we had purchased didn’t work properly and rather than get another one, the electrician suggested using a controller installed as a wall switch that he had with him. It turns out the wall switch was a much better choice. The only thing I would suggest is to possibly provide more information to the client regarding options, especially about the method of control, before they purchase a fan (e.g., a wall switch controller versus a remote - we didn’t know at the time we could retrofit a wall switch). All and all we were very pleased with the job done and would definitely recommend the company.

Thank You for your business! Glad we could help!

Private User reviews Calgary, AB

Change out fluorescent lighting to LED with dimmer in our kitchen

We started this project when it was necessary to replace the fluorescent lighting in our kitchen with more modern LED lighting (with dimmer switch). The first contractor lacked experience, and knowledge to do the project properly. We contacted another electrical company in NW Calgary who appeared to be competent, but seemed unable to get the time to do our project (perhaps the job was too small, and they couldn't fit us in.) We contacted Big Hill Electrical Services, Cochrane, Ab., on Friday, past, and they did the project yesterday (Monday). We learned about this Co. from a friend and after viewing their website we felt sure they could bail us out. They are everything their website indicates. The job was done by Luke & he was knowledgeable, friendly, neat and completed the work like a true professional. What a relief to have this job done! I will add that Jason and the ladies working there are friendly and efficient in helping us. I just can't say too many good things about this co.

We are glad we could help! We are very fortunate to have a Great staff that represent us well!

River Plaza in Cochrane
River Plaza in Cochrane

Furnance repairs

The Big Hill guys are quick to respond and evaluate the problem. Fortunately it was an easy fix and they were finished quickly. I continue to call them for our commercial building.

We appreciate your continued business, we are very aware that furnace issues can have drastic negative impact on your building and we make them a top priority to prevent damage to your building.

ShirleyLeew in Calgary
ShirleyLeew in Calgary

Small job, big service

I always seem to have just small household electrical jobs that Big Hill Electric treat as if very important to them. this latest was no different. They respond quickly, they are always professional, kind, and thorough.

We appreciate your business and its always a pleasure to be of service to you! Small jobs help keep our guys busy and are great training and experience for our apprentices, they also give our guys more opportunities to hone their customer service skills.

Bow RiversEdge Campground in Cochrane
Bow RiversEdge Campground in Cochrane

Emergency Electrical issues

I want to say thank you so much for the Excellent service that your company gave us on July 5 of this year. We had a power failure at the campground because of the high load requirement at the campground that day! Very hot and approx 100 campers came back from the Calgary Stampede and threw on all their air-conditioners. Your man was quick and efficient on a Friday night and restored the power with a new 300 amp fuse which he had to drive to SE Calgary to get. So glad you were able to help us!

We appreciate that you turned to Big Hill Electrical Services when you were experiencing a problem. We are here 24/7 for emergencies, always happy to help!

More about Big Hill Electrical Services

Big Hill Electrical Services is a family owned and operated business and has been serving Calgary, Cochrane, Airdrie, and surrounding area since 1999. As a Master Electrician and co-owner, Harold Hiebert has a broad range of experience in many facets of the electrical industry thanks to 27 years in the trade. Harold and his staff specialize in residential and commercial, renovations, service, new construction, phone and network cabling, fire alarm, and maintenance.