Collins & Greig Cartage Limited

35 Coronet Rd.
Toronto, on M8Z 2L8
416-239-2991

To whom it may concern,

I sign a contract with the above company on May 12, 2017, they were highly recommend by a lady I know, who new them & also had moved her several times.

Referrals is better than not knowing a company for your move. I moved on June the 8, 2017, everything seemed to be going well, except they were very slow. I also had someone to do the packing from the same movers. They had arrived at 8.00am

If I suggested something, they were very rude. They were suppose to finish loading the van by 12.00pm, they took 90 minutes more than expected. I had book the elevator where I was moving `from 12 to 4.00pm

The estimate was 10 hours. Since they arrived late at my destiny, 10 Old Mill Tr. Etobicoke On #205, They only emptied half the van by 4.00pm. So they had to leave the premises has the building booked another moved. I was upset, so I asked the security guard if they could come back the next morning , he checked, everything was ok.

The van came back at 9.30am., they had change my furniture into another van, that’s when my furniture got broken. The movers were 2 young men, one was one of the owners son, I don’t think they were to happy, so they tried to move my furniture fast, one of my bureau has a long crack on the side, & when you open the doors, it’s crack inside, a piece of wood fell on the floor,
I asked them to be careful, they didn’t care. I am missing a piece of glass for one of my curio, and one of my small table is crack. I moved several times, i never had anything broken.

I never received a statement regarding How much I owed the, they paid themselves with my credit card without my permission. I called them re: the broken items and why they took the money out of my visa, the secretary Joanne, said one of the Craig men would get back to me, he never did. I kept calling, always with the same answer.

Also, Finally 3 weeks later after another call , I received the statement. Needles to say I was very frustrated, I am 75 years old, and that kind of behaviour was very upsetting. Especially, the movers were very rude, I was treated like they were paying me, not a way to treat a customer.

I would never refer them to anyone, certainly I would not hired them for another move. I called it the move from hell.

Regards,
Jean9

Joe Connell from Brampton
Joe Connell from Brampton

Moving

The two movers who took some items into storage for us were efficient and very professional. Not only did they take care of our items, but also helped us move existing furniture from one room to another to best "show" our house for sale. I had used them in the past and would recommend them to everyone. Your furniture and valuables are in safe hands with Collins & Greig.

Joey from Toronto
Joey from Toronto

International move

Beware! They will tell you whatever you want to hear to get the contact signed and not follow up on any of their promises. My shipment was lost for weeks and nobody knew where it went because of a clerical error. Continuously played pass the blame to their parent company Atlas. They promised they would cover any expenses I incurred during the late period and only ended up covering 10% of it. I don't have the money, time or patience to fight then in court, and you probably won't either. Better to stay away from these people.

s walker from Etobicoke
s walker from Etobicoke
2 reviews Etobicoke, ON

moving

They did great job, moved large household, arrived on time, worked tirelessly for over 12 hours and were polite and pleasant, even after a long day, this was my third time using company over a span of 25 yrs

Lucy G (Coxwell/Gerrard)
Lucy G (Coxwell/Gerrard)

Moving everything from one house to another house

This was a referral from a friend (who will no longer use them) as well. Firstly, I want to saw the three men who did all the moving were very nice. However, one of the men broke one of our IKEA units which happens that is not the issue. Collins and Greigs states in there policy that they will replace anything that gets broken by there workers. When we spoke to Kelly he asked us to re-purchase the item and send him the receipt. Well, it has been over a year and no money back, no returned calls or e-mails. They do not follow there word. Also, his business partner received the call at the end of the move to receive the total and had him on speaker phone he was rude and wanted to over charge us. We do not recommend this company.