Tri-Star Nurseries & Landscape Supplies

Panpoon in Surrey
Panpoon in Surrey
1 review Surrey, BC

Stunning help

Great nursery, great staff, helped me out till I had no more questions and see like they care more about you than the sales. Overall I for sure recommend to anyone in need of a nursery.

Gordon in Burnaby
Gordon in Burnaby
3 reviews Vancouver, BC

Dishonest business

This review is almost 3 years in the making. Do not purchase from this retailer if you ever have a problem with a plant you have bought. They give promises and do not follow through. They are dishonest. They change their story...all for a $100 tree. They have lost a customer and now I am going to write a review that will tell the dirty tale of how NOT to run a business.

The Story:
We purchased a pink dogwood tree from Ghada at Tri-Star in the summer of 2015 as a 100th birthday gift in honour of our Mother. We called the store and were told that they had a tree and please drive out to Surrey (1 hour drive each way for us). When I got there the tree didn't have a tag, so she got a tag and put one on. She promised us that the tree would bloom and that it would be pink (we are very experienced gardeners btw). I took it home and planted it in a perfect place where we had a previous native dogwood for 30 years. This tree has NEVER bloomed in three succeeding springs. We have been told that it was diseased from our yard, that we fertilized it incorrectly, that it doesn't bloom until the 3rd year....one dishonesty after another. The tree just puts out new leaves and doesn't bloom. You would think they would want to keep a customer happy, but not this business. They have my $100 and just wish that I had never bothered them again.

SO...last summer I purchased a pink dogwood (Florida variety) from a nursery in Powell River and guess what......it blossomed the first spring after planting and it looks beautiful.

I do not write reviews very often other than TripAdvisor, but I am angry about this. I do not take well to being treated dishonestly.

To top it off, we are getting spam emails from the nursery, even though we never signed up for them. I have emailed them to get an answer about having a credit but now they are not answering, so now I am writing a nasty review.

I have asked for a refund....NO. I have asked for another tree....NO. I have asked for a credit....NO. I am not asking anymore. I'm fed up with them.

NO more customer...poof....gone!

Goodbye forever Ghada

Joselyn Helvoigt from Langley
Joselyn Helvoigt from Langley
1 review Langley, BC

Home Product

Tri-Star Nursery staff are always very cheerful and helpful. Always a great experience! I especially appreciate how kind Ghada is to my children whenever we come in. My go to place for outdoor frost resistant pots.

Eric Scott from Vancouver
Eric Scott from Vancouver
1 review Vancouver, BC

Christmas Tree Rental

I had to cancel a Christmas tree rental order from this company and they refused to refund my payment. I think this nursery offers a needed product (tree rental), but they seem to have no respect for their customers.

phil noble from Surrey
phil noble from Surrey
97 reviews Surrey, BC

Backyard garden plants

This nursery is special cause it's off the beaten track so service is great and the pricing is very reasonable. Selection is fantastic with lots of specialty items as well as the basics. They even have a floral section which can cater to events such as weddings or what have you. Ask for Ghada !

Looking for Garden Centres pros in Surrey?