Homexx Corporation

11103 182 Street NW Edmonton AB T5S
HomeStars  >  Builders in Edmonton  >  Homexx Corporation

Reviews for Homexx Corporation

Home Build

When we first started looking for a house, we didn’t know what builder we were going to go to. We didn’t know we would end up choosing a custom builder, but I am 100% glad we chose Homexx.
The process was so easy, from picking our lot, to picking the floor plans and picking out where we wanted things to be. My husband is a garage man, and we wanted to make sure that he was getting what he wanted as this was our dream home.
The customization that we had to do was amazing. There was so much that we didn’t know that we would need to pick out, every little detail was taken into consideration and our input was required each step of the way. Tamara at the Dekor center is amazing, she helped us find the colors we wanted and which tiles, carpet, flooring, grout (yes, we needed to choose that color too), to counter tops to make sure that everything looked cohesive and matched well together. Everything was taken care of. There was such a variety of types of materials we could choose, it just wasn’t your standard 4 colors. The paint wheel was endless, everything was. It was such an easy experience and she made it that much more enjoyable.
Danny, our sales guy. I cannot say enough good things about him. He answered our calls and texts so promptly, and was always willing to go the extra mile to make sure we were satisfied. To getting us quotes on things we wanted to customize to giving us suggestions to make our dream that much more of a reality. It was so easy. He went above and beyond for us, and we are truly so grateful. He brought the ideas we had and put them into motion. And made sure we were okay with the decisions that were being made to continue building.
From start to finish I can say this was the best decision we have made. Everyone was so helpful and knowledgeable. It was such a pleasant experience, and the dedicated team we had made purchasing, building, designing our dream home just wonderful. We both highly recommend Homexx, Danny and Tamara, to everyone looking to make their dream home a reality.

1 review Millet, AB

entire home and garage build

homexx promises custom build homes... was told i could get laundry on main floor... was told they would put in side door for separate entrance... none of this of course was done.. excuses.. then they build my house too close to neighbours so i could not even pay someone to put in a separate entrance.. they built my garage a foot below grade thus my brand new insulated and drywalled garage is full of black mold and never could get grading certificate due to same...penny their salesperson who was previously fired has been rehired...they must be desperate as she told me countless falsehoods about countless things homexx would do for me

Thank you for your review, although I have never sold a house in Millet and our company has not built a house for anyone in Millet. I would like to take the time address the concerns listed above.

- A custom home is a home purchase before it is started, as such, you are allowed to make changes to the plan. If the home you purchased was already under construction, then you would not be allowed to any structural changes as the home was already permitted. If you purchased this type of home it is know as a spec or quick possession home and although it may be built by a custom builder, IT IS NOT A CUSTOM HOME. Any changes you want would have to be done after the fact.
- Placement of the home would be determined prior to architectural approval & permitting. It is optimally centered on the lot by the survey company. If you wanted your home offset you need to build from scratch.
- The City codes for building and changes after construction are always adapting depending on where you are. Rules for a side entry may have changed between the time you purchased and the time you went to the city to see if they would allow the change. There have also been recent changes in various places for windows etc.
- Builders only do rough grade, as a purchaser you would have been supplied with a rough grade certificate. Once rough grade passes it will depend on the settling that occurs prior to the homeowner doing final grade. It is imperative that final grade is done correctly so that all natural drainage flows away from your buildings. If the City does not pass your final grade it is because you have somehow affected the drainage and the only way to fix the problem is to fix the final grade. Please remember final grade needs to be asked for after top soil but before sod.
- Garages are built on a garage pad so there shouldn't be moisture coming in from outside, from what you describe it sounds like condensation build up from inside the garage. Look for causes, such as running your vehicle with the garage door closed etc. this would definitely cause the black mold you speak of.
- If you had problems you should have tried to contact the person with whom you were working. My reputation is my life & my livelihood and at the end of the day all I have is my name. I have always told anyone I had been dealing with to contact me should they have questions or require assistance, and I would help in any way I could. Yet in 4 years I have heard nothing about these problems. Those who know me, know that I am not the way described in the review, and for those who don't, I urge you to come in and meet me before making your decision. I hope to see you in the future. Penny

1 review Leduc, AB

Homexx Corporation

Every builder has their ups and downs, their pluses and minuses and all will at some point in time go through a rough patch. I was raised to know there are two sides to every story so I am proud to say I not only read the reviews but further investigated for myself. I met with several builders in my search decided on Homexx as our builder, they were open and honest when I asked about the past problems and spoke to me of the improvements they have made to correct the issues. I found their staff to be a pleasure to deal with and thank them for the time they spent teaching me how to maintain my new home. They prepared me for the build and any hiccups were addressed together as a team to reach a solution that we were all proud of. Thanks Homexx.

build our house

Our experience with Homexx started with meeting a Homexx representative where we discussed a custom house plan, costs and the many benefits of having Homexx build our house - solid core doors throughout the house, triple pane windows, specialize in custom building etc. He introduced us to other Homexx employees we would be dealing with who were informative and pleasant throughout the build. Marc is easy to talk to and patiently explained things in ways, I, as a nontechnical person could understand. We also walked through the show room and were shown the quality and variety they offer. Throughout the build Homexx was very accommodating with our request of changes to the original house plan during the construction. I really liked that they had a showroom right at their office so we could choose our colors, tiles, railing, countertops etc. where we could see how they complement instead of taking samples to various stores and choosing that way. The interior designer, with Dekor Design Services Ltd. , works out of the Homexx showroom; she is awesome. She was with us right from the beginning till after our move into the house when she installed the window shades. She was professional, easy to talk to, knowledgeable and creative. If we had any hesitation about colors, styles or costs she looked for different options till we were satisfied. We did not feel pressured into buying a particular item, feel judged or that we were taking too much of her time by asking her to do more research to find us a quality product with a cheaper option. We’re very happy with our choices with design and color (from bathroom fixtures to blinds) which would have been a nightmare without Tamara’s skills and creativity – she is a natural.
My husband, who knows construction well, overlooked and worked with the superintendent, and trades from the beginning to the end. We found them accommodating, approachable; willing to listen and discuss an alternative way of constructing. If my husband wasn’t satisfied with something they worked with him till he was. During the interior build my husband received comments from retirees who were experienced in construction and not employed with Homexx, that house was well built.
I found that dealing with Homexx from the administrative assistant to the final inspection was a pleasing experience and would strongly recommend them to build your house. I never realized the complexity and labor of building especially a custom home till now. Now that I’m living in house I get to enjoy what the whole team created and I’m in awe with how beautiful and comfortable our custom home is inside and out. One of the best parts is the competitive price Homexx offered with lots of extras and high quality.

Jeff in Edmonton
Jeff in Edmonton
1 review Edmonton, AB

Purchased a show home from Homexx

We purchased a home from Danny Perreault approximately two years ago and could not be more pleased with our home. Danny help us navigate through our financial challenges and helped completed the purchase over and above the normal real-estate process.

Becky in
Becky in
1 review Spruce Grove, AB

new home build, purchased a spec home

Homexx is a fabulous builder, I love their finishing work. I ended up purchasing one of their show homes and was able to get immediate possession and I just love the home. Home inspection came back great with not one negative remark and I've have no problems whatsoever, and this is the 4th house that I've built, all the others were with different Builders and I can't say the same. Thanks Homexx & Danny for all your help!

Thank you for your kind words. We enjoyed working with you in this purchase and adding a few requested additions to make this home work for you. At Homexx it is the mission of every team member to strive to go beyond expectations to deliver an exceptional product and we truly love what we do. We are thrilled you love your home.

Marlene Denton in Saint Albert
Marlene Denton in Saint Albert
1 review St. Albert, AB

Amazing Company

My husband and I recently completed our 4th home with Homexx Corp. It was a very rewarding and enjoyable experience having our vision of a custom build coming to fruition.
It started with Danny Pererault in the showhome in Harvest Ridge in Spruce Grove. He was both professional and helpful in getting our creation off the ground.Danny is the best salesperson in Spruce Grove and he cares!
Homexx purchased the lot we found in the country, and then built a home on it for us. We were able to stay in our home until it was built.
The owner of the company met us, along with the surveyors at the site. He helped us decide the elevation, and location of the house.
From there the lovely Tamara in the design center was so incredibly helpful, and professional. She assisted me in making great decisions once she saw the direction I was heading color wise, she was gracious and lovely. Thank you so much Tamara. You were truly so very helpful. ( just a side note, I changed my mind numerous times regarding paint color, fixtures etc for the interior, a big " no no" with other builders.
Smitty in the office was always cheerful and very helpful, very professional and always willing to help. Thank you so much Smitty. You are a big plus to Homexx.
Chris the site super was helpful and efficient. He kept us informed all through the build. It was so helpful in keeping things running smoothly. He was always available when ever I had a question.
There were other Homexx people who I know were part of the journey and although I did not personally deal with you, thank you for your input. Also a thank you to Ron for my great bottom step lol.
A big thank you and a big thumbs up for Homexx !!!

Chad and Marlene Denton

It was our great pleasure to build you yet another beautiful home. Every Homexx team member had so much fun helping you design this dream and bring it to life. Can't wait until the next one ;)

Christie in Spruce Grove
Christie in Spruce Grove

New Home

Homexx is a great company to build with. We bought a spec home and absolutely love it! It perfect for our family! The service we received was incredible, they were quick to answer any questions or concerns we had. Extremely professional! It is my recommendation that if you are looking for a company to build with or just to purchase a spec this is the best company!

Thank you for your kind words. We are so glad you love your home!

pauline
pauline
1 review St. Albert, AB

Problems in attic

With the high winds we have been having, the insulation in our attic had shifted, causing one of our pot lights in the ceiling to ice up. This resulted in it dripping water. We have lived in our house just over 5 years. We called homexx and the next day they had it repaired. I was very impressed how this was handled. Thanks homexx for your prompt and courteous service.

Thank you for the positive review. We welcome all comments, as they help us to continually improve as a company, but we love to hear from a happy customer! While this was not a warrantable issue, Homexx is glad we were able to help out with a simple fix. Sincerley, April @ Homexx, Homes of Excellence